grundy 2012?

gcjackets18

With our season over what shall we expect this commin year..glad we were able to make it to the playoffs but only to be blew out by good pasture..there was a few bad calls but you can't blame that on the refs..due to bad play judgement from the hc and bad reads by the qb is the reason why we lost this game by a mile..if you are going to run a shotgun formation you need to be able to have a quarterbqck that can one read and two be a 100 percent confident in what he is running..we failed at that Friday night..our quarterback didn't read the veer correctly and that is why we got shut down..you have to run more then one or two bubble screens..if the veer wasn't working how comes we didn't change to something different..there are a million plays to be ran from the gun..how comes we didn't run a jet sweep..or different option plays besides the veer..for only being a head coach for three years Nick has done good getting us to the playoffs.but now it is time to change your scheme or add to the Playbook..we lost a lot of talent on the line but we still have our good backs well atleast one or two of them..our quarterback is comming back which is good but defensively we need to improve..its time that the coaching staff go talk to parents bout there 8th grade boys playing ball next year....this was the year we should have won district..we have a weak district and there is no excuse as to why we didn't win it..good luck in rebuilding next year cause we definitely need it..

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our season over what shall we expect this commin year..glad we were able to make it to the playoffs but only to be blew out by good pasture..there was a few bad calls but you can't blame that on the refs..due to bad play judgement from the hc and bad reads by the qb is the reason why we lost this game by a mile..if you are going to run a shotgun formation you need to be able to have a quarterbqck that can one read and two be a 100 percent confident in what he is running..we failed at that Friday night..our quarterback didn't read the veer correctly and that is why we got shut down..you have to run more then one or two bubble screens..if the veer wasn't working how comes we didn't change to something different..there are a million plays to be ran from the gun..how comes we didn't run a jet sweep..or different option plays besides the veer..for only being a head coach for three years Nick has done good getting us to the playoffs.but now it is time to change your scheme or add to the Playbook..we lost a lot of talent on the line but we still have our good backs well atleast one or two of them..our quarterback is comming back which is good but defensively we need to improve..its time that the coaching staff go talk to parents bout there 8th grade boys playing ball next year....this was the year we should have won district..we have a weak district and there is no excuse as to why we didn't win it..good luck in rebuilding next year cause we definitely need it..

I assume you are the only one that expected Grundy to win the district this year. Your delusional if you think you had a shot at beating Bledsoe, Seq, and SM to win the district. It's not going to happen next year either.

As far as the Goodpasture game, everyone told you what was going to happen. You just need to take them dark glasses off.

slow down 18....our offense, defence,special teams, nobody showed up at good pasture. they didnt show up at bledsoe either. we are losing some good seniors, but i guarentee you there will be sophmores that will do just as good(if not better)next year.we will still have a big ol line, maybe a little younger but they will step up. dont know if you have noticed this year and last year most of the team that seen play time was freshman and sophmores. lets be a little patient with the coaching staff they know as well as we do that a 6-5 season isnt good enough. these younger kids know how to win. im pleased (this year)we finished with 6/5...i wasnt expecting to win the district...these next couple of years will be good for grundy

I assume you are the only one that expected Grundy to win the district this year. Your delusional if you think you had a shot at beating Bledsoe, Seq, and SM to win the district. It's not going to happen next year either.

As far as the Goodpasture game, everyone told you what was going to happen. You just need to take them dark glasses off.

bratt i think you are the one with dark glasses on :thumb:

Usually I don't get involved in other programs threads. I am not saying it can't happen but do you honestly think Grundy will be able to beat Bledsoe, Signal & Sequatchie next season? CCS is only getting better you beat them by 4 this year and Notre Dame by 6.

Grundy folded there Middle School team after just a couple of games. I just don't see how GCHS can keep competing as time goes on especially in a sport like football without a solid feeder program. Its not like it was years ago when guys come together ever August and start preparing for a season when other teams players have been running the same plays and most likely lining up in the same positions for two or three years that they will run/play in High School.

Edited by Sequatchie

I understand the truth hurts. I can see fine. Grundy will not win the district next year or the year after plane and simple. I'm not downing Grundy, that's just the facts. I just don't see them beating Bledsoe, Sq, or Sm. If that happens they will get an apology from me.

I understand the truth hurts. I can see fine. Grundy will not win the district next year or the year after plane and simple. I'm not downing Grundy, that's just the facts. I just don't see them beating Bledsoe, Sq, or Sm. If that happens they will get an apology from me.

Signal....yes, but I wasn't aware that Bledsoe and Sequatchie were State Powerhouses. but keep comparing yourselves to Signal if it makes you feel better. Reality visited Sequatchie last Friday and its coming through Pikeville this Friday.

Signal....yes, but I wasn't aware that Bledsoe and Sequatchie were State Powerhouses. but keep comparing yourselves to Signal if it makes you feel better. Reality visited Sequatchie last Friday and its coming through Pikeville this Friday.

I never said Seq was a state powerhouse and I sure didn't compare Seq to SM. What I did say was, Grundy will not win the district next year or the year after. That's the reality.

[/quote

Reality hit Signal couple of weeks ago...and I don't know of any team that wants to be compared to Signal or for that matter wants there team mentioned in the same sentence.

It was a reaction to hearing that Seq and Bledsoe being compared to Signal by the other posters. Signal will win that district next year and the year after. Sequatchie, Bledsoe, and Grundy can have fun fighting it out for second. 8-)

Grundy will compete with Sequatchie and Bledsoe Next year . Both teams expect to be down a bit. However, after next year the pipeline comes through Sequatchie so time will only tell what happens in the district. Grundy does have a chance to finish second next year.