Tullahoma Play Calling?

wildcatdude

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey J Samson PLEASE tell me more. We got us a potential scandal goin on here in Tullahoma. TCATS has done spilt the beans.

He definitely thought he was a better coach than he actually is. Granted he was the 1st coach to bring Maryville back to the playoffs after we had a drought, but his offensive play calling was bad as well as his "holier than thou" attitude was fake. On the topic of foul language, I can assure you he reeled off more than his fair share of foul language statement when I was there.

As far as his coaching ability, we had the talent to go deep into the playoffs that year with a 1000 yard receiver, an all region QB, & one of the best RB's in the state that year next to Scotty Witt from Clinton (the CG runner up to Gallatin) & Travis Cozart from Lenoir City. Our RB averaged over 10 yards per carry that year, but all Olive wanted to do is run his offense the way he wanted instead of utilizing his team's strengths. When you have a thoroughbred at RB, but you keep wanting to go to your X, Y & Z backs trying to be cute, that just shows me your either arrogant, stupid, or both!

That said, when he left EVERYONE was happy & Maryville would not be where it's at today if he would have stayed there.

Edited by JSamson7

Here we go. Now we've got start sheltering high school football players because of foul language. It's football, some of the most successful coaches have used a few colorful words. These kids see & hear much worse on television and most parents won't even turn it off. Why? Because they are right beside them watching it too. It's this kind sheltering that creates softees on the football field and life in general. We had Coach Mac and we turned out okay. This thread is past its time.

He definitely thought he was a better coach than he actually is. Granted he was the 1st coach to bring Maryville back to the playoffs after we had a drought, but his offensive play calling was bad as well as his "holier than thou" attitude was fake. On the topic of foul language, I can assure you he reeled off more than his fair share of foul language statement when I was there.

AS far as his coaching ability, we had the talent to go deep into the playoffs that year with a 1000 yard receiver, an all region QB, & one of the best RB's in the state that year next to Scotty Witt from Clinton (the CG runner up to Gallatin) & Travis Cozart from Lenoir City. Our RB averaged over 10 yards per carry that year, but all Olive wanted to do is run his offense the way he wnated instead of utilizing his team's strenghts...

That said, when he left EVERYONE was happy & Maryville would not be where it's at today if he would have stayed there.

Thanks for the information J. I been hearing some of the same talk around these parts too. You know what they say J. If you cant walk the walk dont talk the talk. This is the way i see the sitiation. He has alot of folks around here fooled. Its amazing how Maryville has won all these championships but Olive didnt do so well there. This is Billy signing off for now.

Edited by MtnGoatBilly

Thanks for the information J. I been hearing some of the same talk around these parts too. You know what they say J. If you cant walk the walk dont talk the talk. This is the way i see the sitiation. He has alot of folks around here fooled. Its amazing how Maryville has won all these championships but Olive didnt do so well there. This is Billy signing off for now.

No problem, Billy. Again, he had one good year & got us to the playoffs. However, that Maryville aquad was loaded with talent & I didn't even mention the 2 Jr's on that team that were getting heavy interest from FSU & the Gators. The one weak link would have been our O-line & with a better coach we probably still wouldn't have beat Clinton that year, but we definitley could have kept it close. It's kind of funny though that the next year we blasted Clinton & we had less talent than the tesm who Clinton beat the year before...

BTW - The head coach for Clinton all of those years just so happens to be the DC at Maryville now (Coach Gaylor). Ironic huh??

Here we go. Now we've got start sheltering high school football players because of foul language. It's football, some of the most successful coaches have used a few colorful words. These kids see & hear much worse on television and most parents won't even turn it off. Why? Because they are right beside them watching it too. It's this kind sheltering that creates softees on the football field and life in general. We had Coach Mac and we turned out okay. This thread is past its time.

First of all this thread is not past its time people are still commenting on the Tullahoma situation. Now i know you have herd this foul language from the press box but you still condone it? Yes our kids will hear things on TV and other places. But do they have to hear it from a role model such as a coach. BTW...Coach Olive is the son of a preacher isnt he?? Not very good morals for our boys. IF bonnie and clyde rob banks does it make it ok for everyone to just rob banks?? I think alot of people will disagree with you on this foul language that our boys have had to endure for these past few years. I did not attend one game this year because I am fed up with this kind of behavior. I think our young boys deserve better than this dont you??

No problem, Billy. Again, he had one good year & got us to the playoffs. However, that Maryville aquad was loaded with talent & I didn't even mention the 2 Jr's on that team that were getting heavy interest from FSU & the Gators. The one weak link would have been our O-line & with a better coach we probably still wouldn't have beat Clinton that year, but we definitley could have kept it close. It's kind of funny though that the next year we blasted Clinton & we had less talent than the tesm who Clinton beat the year before...

BTW - The head coach for Clinton all of those years just so happens to be the DC at Maryville now (Coach Gaylor). Ironic huh??

[/quote

Being from Grundy County i didnt attend many Tullahoma games (3) this year. But i heard from some friends that the crowd was way down in the playoff game this year. Almost like Tullahoma fans just expected to get beat like they do every year in the first or second round. If they even make it that far.

First of all this thread is not past its time people are still commenting on the Tullahoma situation. Now i know you have herd this foul language from the press box but you still condone it? Yes our kids will hear things on TV and other places. But do they have to hear it from a role model such as a coach. BTW...Coach Olive is the son of a preacher isnt he?? Not very good morals for our boys. IF bonnie and clyde rob banks does it make it ok for everyone to just rob banks?? I think alot of people will disagree with you on this foul language that our boys have had to endure for these past few years. I did not attend one game this year because I am fed up with this kind of behavior. I think our young boys deserve better than this dont you??

Yes, I have heard it. No, I don't condone it around the young MEN. I'm not going to get bent out of shape unless it is berating or belittling an individual(s). It's football, it happens. It was in the press box and not on the sidelines. Wait a minute. You just said you did not attend one game this year. How do you know this even happened this year? We even have a new "enclosed" pressbox. Would be be kinda hard to hear it in the stands. Unless, maybe it was my dad. I don't know of any enclosure that would contain him. :roflol:

Edited by DebowsDad

BTW....To beat it all. Is it true that he is the highest paid public school head football coach in the state of Tennessee?? Not counting the booster money (under the table)?????? Inquiring minds want to know. O yeah does he have a car furnished too?

What coach are you talking about?? If you're talking about GQ, I don't know how much he makes, but I'm sure it's very good. He teaches Driver's Ed so I'm not sure you can consider that his car per se, but he taught Driver's Ed even before he became HC so I doubt that's a "perk" of his. I could be wrong though...

What coach are you talking about?? If you're talking about GQ, I don't know how much he makes, but I'm sure it's very good. He teaches Driver's Ed so I'm not sure you can consider that his car per se, but he taught Driver's Ed even before he became HC so I doubt that's a "perk" of his. I could be wrong though...

Im talking about the coach for Tullahoma now