BA vs. Christian Brothers

nike7

CBHS boat raced BA, coach will always make it look like we are too young or something, and the leadership will not think twice about keeping him. I have to say, last years team should have won it all easily. This years team should have, at least, made it to the championship game. If you are a good coach, you will find a way to win games you shouldn't win. BA makes some excuse every year that makes them middle of the road. The most disappointing thing is that coach has a great staff of assistants. He just doesn't listen to them from what I hear.

This post has a great deal of wisdom!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total BS. Buddy Alexander is da bomb! A wonderful coach. Coach Gannick is great too, but our Baseball success is due to Coach Alex.

I was taken aback by the post from cbg. While I respect he is entitled to his opinion, my comment was meant as sarcasm. I couldn't agree more with your thoughts doct. BA is lucky to have BA! Sorry to have brought Buddy into this conversation. It was meant to be a compliment to him. I didn't know someone would smack him in this thread as well.

I was taken aback by the post from cbg. While I respect he is entitled to his opinion, my comment was meant as sarcasm. I couldn't agree more with your thoughts doct. BA is lucky to have BA! Sorry to have brought Buddy into this conversation. It was meant to be a compliment to him. I didn't know someone would smack him in this thread as well.

Buddy Alexander is a class guy and I think he got dragged into this in jest. He is a BA grad, and represents the program well, and to be honest Buddy gets it done, even in what could be considered a down year. This post had evolved into a discussion about the football program and it's direction, after a BA loss that was not expected by anyone, once again this year..... Since coming here, BA has provided Coach Potter with vastly upgraded facilities and a tremendous coaching staff. He has the best group of assistant coaches a person could ever ask for, in my opinion. At times, I wonder how much he listens to them. Word is he does not. He should know how to run a successful program, with confidence, after playing at what is now a D2 high school and playing college football. Being an offensive guy he should be strong on offense. He has not in clutch situations, since he has been at the helm. Why has he not gotten anything done?? Do not mistake my comments as "against BA". I love BA and just want to see the tradition continue. I have just witnessed some very talented players, over the past five years, miss experiencing something special, that comes down to bad coaching, and at times bad judgement of talent. I hate to see that opportunity wasted. A high school career is very short.

I have a hunch that cbg might in fact be coach ganick. I don't know chandlers middle name but the rest of the initials line up. If so, I'm sure be was jokingly giving himself a shoutout

Buddy Alexander is a class guy and I think he got dragged into this in jest. He is a BA grad, and represents the program well, and to be honest Buddy gets it done, even in what could be considered a down year. This post had evolved into a discussion about the football program and it's direction, after a BA loss that was not expected by anyone, once again this year..... Since coming here, BA has provided Coach Potter with vastly upgraded facilities and a tremendous coaching staff. He has the best group of assistant coaches a person could ever ask for, in my opinion. At times, I wonder how much he listens to them. Word is he does not. He should know how to run a successful program, with confidence, after playing at what is now a D2 high school and playing college football. Being an offensive guy he should be strong on offense. He has not in clutch situations, since he has been at the helm. Why has he not gotten anything done?? Do not mistake my comments as "against BA". I love BA and just want to see the tradition continue. I have just witnessed some very talented players, over the past five years, miss experiencing something special, that comes down to bad coaching, and at times bad judgement of talent. I hate to see that opportunity wasted. A high school career is very short.

I couldn't have said that any better. Well done.

As a person who has played football since i was 6 years old through college and grew up with a football coach as a dad i will say this. BAs lack of a state championship in recent years is not all Ralph Potter. My father would always step up and take responsibilities for losses but as players we all knew we were on the field. Go

I find the people who complain the most either never played the game or at best were marginal athletes. I sit up in the stands and listen to people complain and 99 percent of them have never started a football game in their life, yet they are all experts. It is very difficult to win a state championship in this league now. I think it's great that the tradition of football excellence at BA has made not winning a state championship every year a failure. You want to see boring football go up to Kentucky and watch Trinity in the ky state championships. They have won their last two games 127-0 and I doubt they will be scored on. I love sec football because of how tough the conference is. If you win a state championship in d2 you will need to put together a pretty special season. In my opinion this makes for great football, better rivalries and maybe even a bit sweeter year, knowing you beat some great teams.

I find the people who complain the most either never played the game or at best were marginal athletes. I sit up in the stands and listen to people complain and 99 percent of them have never started a football game in their life, yet they are all experts. It is very difficult to win a state championship in this league now. I think it's great that the tradition of football excellence at BA has made not winning a state championship every year a failure. You want to see boring football go up to Kentucky and watch Trinity in the ky state championships. They have won their last two games 127-0 and I doubt they will be scored on. I love sec football because of how tough the conference is. If you win a state championship in d2 you will need to put together a pretty special season. In my opinion this makes for great football, better rivalries and maybe even a bit sweeter year, knowing you beat some great teams.

Actually, I've found that many of the men in the crowd at BA have played football and many were (now past their prime of course) good athletes. And I'm sure many of us have some valid points. And by the way, many times the so-called marginal athletes end up being the best coaches - HS, college and pros.

certainly agree that not only do you need to be on top of your game every week in this conference but things need to go your way to win a c-ship.

I don't think he could take not having the full power/final say. It's his way or the high way.

You are so right! I think if it was up to Potter, he wouldn't have any other coaches. There was that one practice, a few years ago, he was such a tyrant that his coaches just stood back. They couldn't even say a word. In fact they were afraid. I am sure things haven't changed that much.

He has no respect from his team, the parents and I am sure some staff. It has to be hard to win when there is no respect. Fortunately, they have had good talent and boys that want it for themselves.