Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Thanks Owlball, that's what I was looking for. We're all amped up. Personally I think it'll be a great game with a closer score than most seem to think, could be wrong. If you make the trip down be safe.

I will say that if Eagleville doesn't block #53 Coen it will be a long night. Honestly there hasn't been anyone to block him all year. He is a beast. He is being called the "The Beast in the East."

I have not seen Gordsonsville play, but I did see Eagleville and Nashville Christian at MC. I would love to pick Eagleville to win since they are local, but I don't think they will. Eagleville may be better than Nashville Christain, but they didn't play Moore County much better. MC played pretty bad in both games.

Croz, I know I am from across the river but I cheer for Gville every game they are playing except smith county. My wife has two nephews that play for Eagleville and I have heard nothing but them talking smack for the past two weeks. Saying I hope we get the chance to play Gville. Well big eagles the time has arrived. Lets see if you can back up those words. I hope and honestly think Gville will handle them pretty easy. Maybe not mercy rule them but atleast by 2 to 3 scores. Good luck to the Tigers and hope to be cheering you guys on in semis in the jungle against South Pitt.

Someone from G'ville posting as owlball. Well, I guess you have to pull for G'ville now that the owls are roosting. The two boys playing for Eagleville aren't your wifes nephews, they are her cousins and I know as their father that we have not been talking smack about wanting to play G'ville. We do want the opportunity to play them , because it will only make us better and let our kids know what it will take to get us to that level. No one around Eagleville has been talking smack about beating G'ville, but we are looking forward to Friday night because this is new territory for us.

Edited by Eeagles2010

If they're talking smack then they're not getting it from their coaches, that's for sure, I'll have a word with coach Pip on that. (Now that I know its the Jernigan boys, I know Nathan's not talking smack, unless like you said it's the family ties thing in good humor). Maybe you should talk to them and not put it on the whole team? I don't think the mentality of the team is that they're world beaters, they've gotten accustomed to being counted out in almost every game this year and nothing can bring a team together and focused or more determined than that. I seriously doubt they're taking Gordonsville lightly, I know several boys on the team and their parents and they're not made that way. G'ville should get a tough, hard hitting game win or lose.

I am their parent and these statements about my sons talking smack aren't true. I teach them to be respectful and play hard. I don't even want them being disrespectful on the field ! This is not a family ties good humor thing, that is how situtations like this gets started. I don't even talk trash, because as my dad always told me" You may have to eat those words someday."

Edited by Eeagles2010

Thanks Owlball, that's what I was looking for. We're all amped up. Personally I think it'll be a great game with a closer score than most seem to think, could be wrong. If you make the trip down be safe.

I have never been to a game at Eagleville High School. What are the best directions from Gville and how is the parking at Eagleville? Is there plenty of parking or should I get there early to get a good parking place. Also, the same question as far as the seating cause Gville will bring alot of fans down to Eagleville.

I am their parent and these statements about my sons talking smack aren't true. I teach them to be respectful and play hard. I don't even want them being disrespectful on the field ! This is not a family ties good humor thing, that is how situtations like this gets started. I don't even talk trash, because as my dad always told me" You may have to eat those words someday."

I apologize if I stepped on anyone's toes over the posting. I meant nothing at all like the posting was taken. I hope to see a good game come Friday night at Eagleville. I would sure hate to drive an hour and a half to see a blowout by either team. With that being said, I do know alot about Gville. I know they are very good this year. Great defense with good linebacker and standout DT. On offense, they are very explosive. Great quickness and very good hands. A quarterback that knows the game well and plays very smart as a junior. I don't think Gville will mercy rule Eagleville like alot has said, but I do believe Gville will beat them by atleast 2 scores. Just don't think Eagleville is quite at the level of Gville. Going in the right direction but not quite yet. But who knows. Thats why they play the game. I would have never said the FC beats Trousdale last night either. Good luck to both teams but just think Gville gets to the quarters this year once again.

Gordonsville will mercy rule Eagleville. I thought Eagleville would lose tonight, but they managed to win. Good job against Columbia Academy. Gordonsville wins next Friday by AT LEAST 35 and probably more than that. Goodluck.

I am calling it now Ambassador Eagleville will upset Gordonsville.Gordonsville is looking ahead- My prediction

And i'm calling this... Gordonsville is not overlooking anybody and especially not Eagleville, there taking it one week at a time... They play the Eagles this Friday night in their house and on there field,they know they have to win this week before they can even think about who they play the week after... Everyone else is trying to hype Gordonsville up and say they will mercy rule the Eagles but the Tigers do know whats at stake this week...

Croz, I respect you alot on here but I will caution some of ya'll about comparing the Westmoreland vs eagleville score in week 1. Westmoreland played you all with a different QB than we started the season with and at that point in time we had suffered lots of close calls and a ton of adversity. Eagleville has a very good defense. Gville does look to have one of the best teams I have ever personally seen them have since I have been a spectator of HS football. That being said I'm saying this game comes down to 1 score victory and is too close to call. See how right I am.

I was by no means making a prediction from it. It's just a data point. :ugeek:

Croz, I realize that some of those poster's are TC, SP, Smith, don't know where slimshady is from but he was flinging crap too. I apologize if none of them were from G'ville. As for your young man Coen (hope I spelled that right, no disrespect meant.) I haven't put him down at all, I actually gave him props. I know you're one of the more respected posters from G'ville and your boys played great last night against a 5-7 team. Wasn't it you that compared E'ville to NCS? We are not them without a doubt. The only reason I brought up those other games is to point out that the favorite doesn't always win. I know your boys are gonna bring it and bring it hard but E'ville is not gonna be easy for you in my opinion, they held a team last night to 7 points that had averaged over 40 points a game this year. G'ville may beat them and figuratively speaking they have a possibility of mercy ruling them if they turn the ball over a bunch but E'ville can win this game too. If nothing else FC beating TC last night is a perfect example of that, throwing all scores out the window. G'ville could come down here and turn it over 3 or 4 times, so could E'ville. I hear the great accomplishment on the 10-0, 11-0 whatever, what I don't hear is honest respect. You feel your boys are gonna waltz in here and put up a 3 or 4 td win and I don't. Either way we're gonna disagree. If you're headed down this way Friday night be safe. Not many places to eat in Eagleville, little Mexican restaurant is not bad, M'boro has everything. Should be a packed house for both teams. Maybe the E'ville boys will make a game of it. We'll see.

Slim is from Trousdale.

You Eagleville posters need to lighten up a bit. I'd hate to see ya'll have to deal with the TC or SP poster on here, and God help you if you ever have to play Mckenzie and deal with Butchie.

And, I did compare NCS to Eagleville. They played a couple of common teams and the scores were similar. It's not a be all- end all, but it can give a person an idea.

And, tell me about this Mexican Restaurant. :hungry: