Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Actually, I'm a man of opportunity. Eagle feathers are hard to find, There's a big demand for use in Indian ceremonies. I see where a dollar can be made. When G-ville gets done with them Eagles Friday night, I can pick up plenty of feathers laying around everywhere. Feathers, ring cushions, Kleenex and maybe invest in basketball shoes = $$$.:thumb:

I don't know those tigers may lose some hide, I've always wanted a blue tiger fur jacket... :mrgreen:

Gordonsville is the underdog in this game... They are 9-2 now and Eagleville is 11-0 for a reason... It's the #2 seed coming to face the #1 seed point blank... Gordonsville knows the challenge that they have ahead Friday night against the Eagles... Everyone wants to hype Gordonsville up and those people that are, have nothing to with Gordonsville except for Croz and he always calls it like he sees it and even Croz isn't saying the Tigers will mercy rule the Eagles... Once again that it is everyone else saying it... Gordonsville will come to Eagleville ready for the battle the 11-0 Eagles will give them...

Now Wolverine, me and you done had this discussion, Eagleville got the 1 seed based on overall record, nobody and I repeat nobody see's Gordonsville as the underdog, the only thing the seed does is gives the Eagles home field. Massey has Gordonsville winning it and if there was a point spread for betting it'd be at least 14 for Gordonsville. Heck, we own the rights to the phrase underdog.

Eagleville has accomplished a great thing by being undefeated this year, but they have barely beaten some teams that if they wanted to be considered a true threat they beat by more than what they have this year. I'm talking about teams like Forrest, Moore County, Cascade, Collinwood, and Westmoreland. Gordonsville will be by far the best team they've faced this year.

It's good to see a school like Eagleville who only maybe 3, 4, or 5 games a year on a consistant basis go 11-0 and make it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs. I hope one day we over here at RBS can get to a level where we can win 5, 6, or 7 games in a season. Congrats to both teams on making it to the quarters, it's a good accomplishment not matter what classification you're in and good luck to both teams.

They just gotta play the game, Eagleville will come focused and ready, barring several turn overs this game will be a lot closer than most people think, not predicting the winner just a competitive game.

This is the same junk I heard last week.

All I'm doing is picking my team to win, and if ya'll can't handle that, ya'll need to put on your big girl panties and find something else to do.

I'm confident Gordonsville will win, maybe ya'll should feel the same way about your team, instead having these pity parties."We shouldn't show up" yadda, yadda, yadda. <_<

Just because people pick against you doesn't mean they disrespect you. However, I don't know if you can play this underdog role up. It's split 50-50 on the Big Ones.

Either way, we'll be there to the buzzsaw come Friday, my guess is it will be blue. :thumb:

BTW, if we don't spice up these message boards, the thread will be dead in a couple of days. So far, it's been some good reading. :roflol:

Ah Croz, you call it pity, but I think the Eagle supporters on here just don't yap about how much they're gonna beat teams by, we know that the 3 of you that are at least admitting you're G'ville backers aren't throwing out most of the slop but if you go back and read some of the threads there's been a bit of chest thumpin going on. We don't brag a lot, we just tell ya we think we're gonna give ya a fight and are better than given credit, we see it as one game at a time and don't annoint ourselves until we actually reach our goal. Heck we don't know if we're gonna win, we just know the boys will show up and play as hard as they can and if things fall right we'll move on to the next team we're not sposed to have a chance against, if not we know they did way more than anyone thought they could. You know the David and Goliath thing, that's us. The way I see it if we ain't on here bragging and if, mind you, if we lose we won't look like idiots, but if we win then all the braggerts be they SP, TC or whoever, what will they look like and us we'll just be happy to be playing again the next week. ;)

Gordonsville will not come in to this game Cocky. They will come to Eagleville with Confidence, determination and passion (we'll bring some talent too). This is not disrespect toward Eagleville but a confidence that we have in this team. You guys are the ones who are undefeated and the #1 seed. Presure belongs to you. "mess with the eagle and you get the claw" sounds really cute. Cute is definitley something we are not bringing to Eagleville Friday. Get ready. We will be there.

FNL, we don't feel any pressure, like I was telling Croz, with the exception of Massey we have been considered the lesser team pretty much every game this year, there's no pressure in that, it just makes you focused and determined, we got the number one seed from all the posts I've been reading from playing a patsy schedule that we didn't plan other than scheduling who we could outside of our district and by having a better overall record, we're not the favorite by any means.

We respect your team,and what you done this year,but the tigers will be ready for some head-butting,a## kicking football come friday night.Bishop remembers when we played in 2000-2003 years together.We were the hogs!on the o-line and d-line...I see alot of heart,pride and honor in this years team,like we had when I played @ GHS...Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

So you played on the line with me, that kinda narrows it down

Am I going to have to repeat myself again. The only Gordonsville fan that's even mentioned a mercy rule is me, and I said "If Gville plays like they did Friday, a mercy rule is possible."

Nashville Christian played some teams just as tough as Eagleville did, so it is a fair comparison.

So wow, The Tigers will run into a buzzsaw and a claw this Friday. Those poor tigers, I hope they're ready for basketball. :roflolk:

Don't worry, though, Eagleville getting as far as the Quarterfinals is a good accomplishment. :thumb:

FWIW, Sonny Moore says Gville is a 10 point favorite.

Croz, I'm pretty sure I know ol BigBob, if I'm correct he's a good friend of mine, take it from me he won't give you any peace, he'll ride that horse all the way to the barn, (if it's who I think it is), heck he's been ribbing me on stuff for the 3 years all in good fun, wouldn't have it any other way. This could get fun. :lol:

Gordonsville is only a 10 point favorite according to Sonny Moore? WOW, that shocks me. I picked against Eagleville last week. I thought Columbia would beat them, but Eagleville won 21-7. If you only scored 21 on Columbia, you will have alot of trouble scoring 14 on Gordonsville. I am picking Gordonsville 42-7 on Friday night.

Then you'll be wrong son. :roflolk:

Now Wolverine, me and you done had this discussion, Eagleville got the 1 seed based on overall record, nobody and I repeat nobody see's Gordonsville as the underdog, the only thing the seed does is gives the Eagles home field. Massey has Gordonsville winning it and if there was a point spread for betting it'd be at least 14 for Gordonsville. Heck, we own the rights to the phrase underdog.

I know we have and I know where your coming from... It was aiming it more towards BigBob44... He just thinks it's Gordonsville people talking how were gonna mercy rule Eagleville and so on but the its everyone else ... Now one from Gordonsville has said it, Croz is the only Gordonsville and Croz is always straight forward with what he thinks... We respect Eageville and what they have accomplished in there short football history and look for a great match up come Friday night

Stay outta the rum pirate, I don't think Gordonsville will even score 30, just my opinion. :blink:

If the Offense is clicking, they will score more than 30. The question is how much will Eagleville score? Gordonsville's Defense is solid. I do not see Eagleville scoring more than a touchdown on the first unit defense. Defense also has a way of turning turnovers in to points. Is Eagleville a grind it out team or do they have the ability to score from anywhere on the field?

Gordonsville is only a 10 point favorite according to Sonny Moore? WOW, that shocks me. I picked against Eagleville last week. I thought Columbia would beat them, but Eagleville won 21-7. If you only scored 21 on Columbia, you will have alot of trouble scoring 14 on Gordonsville. I am picking Gordonsville 42-7 on Friday night.

What you fail to see is that CA was averaging over 40 points a game for the season. Eagleville held them to 7 which took them a 4th and 4 to get. CA scored 20 on Wayne county which is a powerhouse program like Gordonsville. Eagleville lost 3 fumbles which is not typical, they were plus 21 in turnovers this year, 2 of those were inside CA's 20 yard line and they were driving easily and would've scored most likely both times so it could've been a 35-7 game. Eagleville also got 3 turnovers against CA.