Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

One thing that keeps getting mentioned is Eagleville's turnover ratio.

Including the playoff game, Gville has committed 18 turnovers to their opponents 23.

Alot of those were committed by the backups.

For example, against NC we had two turnovers, both were by the backups with NC's starters.

Our first three game, we committed 8 turnovers to our opponent's 3, and still won one game, and was in the other two.

Just some food for thought.

CA's schedule was less than stellar as well. The two good teams they played, they got beat badly.

Yeah, they scored twenty on Wayne, but I heard that was in garbage time.

The Tennessean has the score between Wayne County and CA 42-7 at the end of the 3rd. Just some comparisons:

The only common opponent these two teams have is Westmoreland. Eagleville won this game by 1 point in O/T while Gville won by 25 points. Moore County lost to Eagleville by 3 points and Nashville Christian by 4 points, NC was a team Gville mercy ruled just Friday night. People can say that Moore County should have beat NC, and Moore County might have had more talent than NC but the teams were obviously close enough in talent that NC was able to make the upset. I would say if Eagleville played in the same region as Gville they would finish 5-5 or 6-4 with a 7-3 record at best, I would put them even with Jackson County and Watertown.

I have a soft spot for the program at Eagleville. What a loving community. It is hard to compete for athletes with a school with such tradition like Riverdale so close. Yet, they have done it. To see two schools in one county undefeated and still in the playoffs is unbelievable. I am not sure that has ever happened. I admire the heck out of Coach Pip over there. He is a good man and role model for his team. I have known him a long time. You know I will support my Oakland folk no matter where they land even if he did go to Smyrna at one time. hahahahah. Coach Carson proved his worth when he was at Smyrna and helped score the gold there.....twice. So it is no surprise that these two guys combined and brought E'ville to a first undefeated season. Kudos to them all. Such a tragedy that they haven't gotten the press that they deserve for this. I have seen them ranked in the top ten each week, so at least the rest of the press have realized their worth even if the DNJ hasn't.

I am a big fan of Coach Moose at Gordonsville as well. Coach Moose is another Oakland former coach who brought so many players to a high level. I would watch him take a freshman and develop him into a player,starter, and contender. The man worked harder and put in more hrs than any coach I have ever seen.

I would be happy no matter which team wins this week because both are good representatives of the sport.

Good Luck to the Eagles and to the Tigers. What an accomplishment to get where they are !

Eagleville has proved me wrong everytime I pick one of their games. I've picked against y'all every-time....lol....so no need to stop now. I think that G'ville will this game by the score of 34-20.

Maybe that will help y'all Eagleville, cause I must put bad joojoo on the opposing team. Good luck to both teams.

It won't work this time. :rolleyes:

One thing that keeps getting mentioned is Eagleville's turnover ratio.

Including the playoff game, Gville has committed 18 turnovers to their opponents 23.

Alot of those were committed by the backups.

For example, against NC we had two turnovers, both were by the backups with NC's starters.

Our first three game, we committed 8 turnovers to our opponent's 3, and still won one game, and was in the other two.

Just some food for thought.

Another thing to consider Croz is field position. Kickoff coverage for Gordonsville looked real good last week. If Eagleville has a long field against the Gordonsville Defense it will be a long night for them. Offensively, Gordonsville can drive the football well and/or score in just one or two plays. Watson, Kasonx2,Nike and Coleman can take it the distance. But if Gordonsville has a short field, its over quickly.