Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Ok thanks for the clarification, still if WC and E'ville both held them to 7 points with their starters then that should be an indication that E'ville's D is very good. CA innialated 7 teams offensively. They liked to put #10 in motion and opt to pitch or fake and hand it to #29. They had respectable drives against the Eagles, one ended with an INT and the the other took them to 4th and 4 on the goal. They did very little in the air against the Eagles. Did they throw a lot in their game with WC?

Maybe 4 or 5 ,been a while since we played,was surprised didnt throw more but had less success throwing than running. They had right at 100 yds when we went all jv

I really think this game will be close and competitive. There are so many factors that play into a game that all this mercy rule crap is just that. Depth may be the biggest factor for G'ville as they probly have more than E'ville. I know that most of em aren't G'ville fans. Mercy rule based on what, that they beat a mediocre team last week that was lucky to have won the week before, given G'ville has played some good teams. They must be assuming that A) Eagleville's defensive stats and efforts for the year are a facade, B) that Eagleville's going to lay down, C) that G'ville won't have any turnovers, D) that they're so in awe of G'ville that they feel they have no hope...:blink: Too many assumptions based only on the fact that G'ville is a good team and somehow that Eagleville won't show up even though they're 11-0. They could beat Eagleville badly if Eagleville gives the ball away but outside of that, I don't think a blowout is happening. If G'ville wins it will be at most by 2 td's but I'd say less than 10 pts. That being said I think Eagleville has a chance to pull off the upset and if that happens I could care less if it's by 1 or 10.

Not to be poking but I think you left out reason B?

I really think this game will be close and competitive. There are so many factors that play into a game that all this mercy rule crap is just that. Depth may be the biggest factor for G'ville as they probly have more than E'ville. I know that most of em aren't G'ville fans. Mercy rule based on what, that they beat a mediocre team last week that was lucky to have won the week before, given G'ville has played some good teams. They must be assuming that A) Eagleville's defensive stats and efforts for the year are a facade, B) that Eagleville's going to lay down, C) that G'ville won't have any turnovers, D) that they're so in awe of G'ville that they feel they have no hope...:blink: Too many assumptions based only on the fact that G'ville is a good team and somehow that Eagleville won't show up even though they're 11-0. They could beat Eagleville badly if Eagleville gives the ball away but outside of that, I don't think a blowout is happening. If G'ville wins it will be at most by 2 td's but I'd say less than 10 pts. That being said I think Eagleville has a chance to pull off the upset and if that happens I could care less if it's by 1 or 10.

I for one agree with you Redkuda I don't see a mercy rule happening G'ville is good but so is E'ville ,That said I believe it will come down to the wire with the team making the least mistakes winning.

Depth may or may not be an issue. Alot of our guys play both way and hardly come off the field, but they are in great shape. We have 8-10 seniors but 20 something juniors, and most all play a role in some form or fashion.

I also see you're already giving a built-in excuse if you get blown out.

I'll be honest, I think Gville is more than capable of winning by 3 td's, could be less and could be more.

But I predict 27-7 Gville.

I for one agree with you Redkuda I don't see a mercy rule happening G'ville is good but so is E'ville ,That said I believe it will come down to the wire with the team making the least mistakes winning.

You've seen Nashville Christian and Eagleville.

Can you give a comparison of the two and the games you played against them?

You've seen Nashville Christian and Eagleville.

Can you give a comparison of the two and the games you played against them?

Hey, Croz, were gonna broadcast this game on the Duck. I know Carson pretty well, but don't know Coach Marshall at all. Can you give me some background info on him? How long has he been at g'ville? His previous experience? That type of stuff. Thanks.

Edited by FreeAgent11

Hey, Croz, were gonna broadcast this game on the Duck. I know Carson pretty well, but don't know Coach Marshall at all. Can you give me some background info on him? How long has he been at g'ville? His previous experience? That type of stuff. Thanks.

To be honest, I don't know him personally, but I know a little about him.

This is his 4th year at Gville, and the third in a row to make the quarterfinals.

He was previously an assistant at Oakland, but I don't know how many years.

He assisted Mark Medley at Lebanon and then was the head coach there for I believe 2 years.

And, I think he assisted at Westmoreland.

He graduated Gville in the 70's, and played some college ball at MTSU.

That's about all that I know.

Hope it helps, maybe some others can add more.

Oh, if I'm not mistaken, I believe he coached with a coach or two from Eagleville while he was at Oakland. I'm not sure which ones.

Edited by croz6110