Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Guest Termite

Thanks for your prediction Ambassador. I have been amused by some of your predictions this year. How many games have you seen Eagleville play? Gordonsville may mercy rule Eagleville and they may not, who knows. Do you give stock tips?

i don't know if Ambassador give stocks tips or not,........but I'll take a stab at it.

Buy stock in RING CUSHIONS and KLEENEX this week. With the tail kicking from G-ville , then the snot slinging , you'll clean up.:thumb:

Owlball, if you graduated from Gordonsville, how could you stoop so low as to go by a slogan coined by John Wood.

You're listening to Owlball. :roflol::roflolk:

I didn't know how to register and join coacht so I got a friend to set it up for me and he is a smith county fan and did it as a joke. NOT FUNNY HUH! lol. I cannot change it til the end of the season cause of bigones. Trust me after this season is over I will have it changed. Trust me.

Oh, I will be present at the game. Hope for a great showing by both teams. How is the parking at Eagleville. Have never been to a game there.

It's kind of scattered, some by the field, there are some across the street and there some all around the school. When you arrive if you're looking at the front of the school to the right side is a drive that leads back to the basketball gym, big parking lot you can take the sidewalk across the courtyard and down by the baseball field right to the stadium, about 300 yards. Y'all travel well, it should be a packed house. The field is very nice and the stands are the aluminum stadium type, visitor's side runs from about the 35 to 35, there's a lot of standing room around the track/fence. They have a nice concession stand but there's no fast food and only a Mexican restaurant and a diner in town, may want to stop off at M'boro they have everything. If you eat at the field I recommend the bbq baked potato loaded.

I will say that if Eagleville doesn't block #53 Coen it will be a long night. Honestly there hasn't been anyone to block him all year. He is a beast. He is being called the "The Beast in the East."

So I'm hearing, he's a finalist for Mr. Football lineman so he's gotta be pretty good. I'm sure they'll try to counter him in one way or another, probably not gonna stop him so you have to find another way to attack. what formation do they play 3-4 or 4-3? Is he a tackle or end?

So I'm hearing, he's a finalist for Mr. Football lineman so he's gotta be pretty good. I'm sure they'll try to counter him in one way or another, probably not gonna stop him so you have to find another way to attack. what formation do they play 3-4 or 4-3? Is he a tackle or end?

He's the DT in a base 50 defense.

You can't leave him unblocked even if you're running away from him.

He also is on the kickoff team which is a nod to his athleticism.

Defensive Tackle in a 50 Defense. Yes, Coen is very good, but do not underestimate the other 10 defenders. Coen is the first one to say this is a TEAM Defense. You will see first hand Friday night. Looking forward to coming to Eagleville. It will be my first visit there.

I am their parent and these statements about my sons talking smack aren't true. I teach them to be respectful and play hard. I don't even want them being disrespectful on the field ! This is not a family ties good humor thing, that is how situtations like this gets started. I don't even talk trash, because as my dad always told me" You may have to eat those words someday."

I knew you didn't, which is why this whole thing kinda ticked me off, once he said who it was I knew it had to be something ridiculous. I've talked with you several times and consider you a friend, we talked Friday night, I was down in front of you about the punt return thing. Matt W. is my son, he and Nathan are good friends (baseball) and I've talked to Nathan several times and have the utmost respect for him, don't know Andrew as well but if he's anything like Nathan he's a well mannered young man. I would understand if the family was doing some ribbing at each other, that's usually in fun and no big deal but the way it was stated made it appear differently. I was taught the same way you were, that's why you'll never see me bragging that we're gonna do this or that. I will make points, support our teams and try to be a realist on here. Hope the boys do well, I'm sure I'll see you Friday night.

I knew you didn't, which is why this whole thing kinda ticked me off, once he said who it was I knew it had to be something ridiculous. I've talked with you several times and consider you a friend, we talked Friday night, I was down in front of you about the punt return thing. Matt W. is my son, he and Nathan are good friends (baseball) and I've talked to Nathan several times and have the utmost respect for him, don't know Andrew as well but if he's anything like Nathan he's a well mannered young man. I would understand if the family was doing some ribbing at each other, that's usually in fun and no big deal but the way it was stated made it appear differently. I was taught the same way you were, that's why you'll never see me bragging that we're gonna do this or that. I will make points, support our teams and try to be a realist on here. Hope the boys do well, I'm sure I'll see you Friday night.

Why so serious? :roflolk:

It's kind of scattered, some by the field, there are some across the street and there some all around the school. When you arrive if you're looking at the front of the school to the right side is a drive that leads back to the basketball gym, big parking lot you can take the sidewalk across the courtyard and down by the baseball field right to the stadium, about 300 yards. Y'all travel well, it should be a packed house. The field is very nice and the stands are the aluminum stadium type, visitor's side runs from about the 35 to 35, there's a lot of standing room around the track/fence. They have a nice concession stand but there's no fast food and only a Mexican restaurant and a diner in town, may want to stop off at M'boro they have everything. If you eat at the field I recommend the bbq baked potato loaded.

Ok thanks redkuda.

Yes we travel very well and we should have the visitor side pretty much packed. Thanks for the layout of campus and the tip on the bbq baked potato. Might have to try that.

Slim is from Trousdale.

You Eagleville posters need to lighten up a bit. I'd hate to see ya'll have to deal with the TC or SP poster on here, and God help you if you ever have to play Mckenzie and deal with Butchie.

And, I did compare NCS to Eagleville. They played a couple of common teams and the scores were similar. It's not a be all- end all, but it can give a person an idea.

And, tell me about this Mexican Restaurant. :hungry:

Ahh, I go at it with a bunch of them during baseball season, I'm not much for smack talk, I just try to point out things I feel sometimes get taken for granted, not many people pay much attention or put much into Eagleville because their program's young and hasn't done a lot in those few years, same thing for their baseball team but all three major sports have very good coaches now, the basketball team is a regular in regional and post season, the baseball team has made two consecutive appearances in the State Spring Fling and the football program is gaining ground and improving yearly. They're having to earn every ounce of respect they get so we do take it a little more personal when other more established programs don't seem to give them the time of day or respect. That's because we love our school, our kids and it's programs and no one else may know much about us, but we do, you don't see much smack talk from us, I'd rather talk when we HAVE done something. I'm not sure how many high schools y'all have in Smith Co., (I think that's where G'ville is at) but in Rutherford we have six 6A schools, among them, Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, Blackman and Siegel all of which are powerhouses in football so it's very difficult when you look at the talent they pull which makes coach Carson and the boys success that much more impressive. He'd be successful every year at one of those programs.

Now as for the restaurant, it's pretty good, similar to a Camino Real or La Siesta type, if you come down 840 go past the Boro about 12 miles give or take and exit at Nolensville/Eagleville exit go left, there'll be a split about 3 or 4 miles down, go left takes you straight into Eagleville, there'll be one redlight go left to the school, or go straight and the restaurant is immediately on your right. You can come thru M'boro by getting off I-24 at exit 78b and down to hwy 99 bout half a mile from I-24 on right, will take longer but lots of restaurants, one note, the cops are very bored in Eagleville and love giving out high speed driving awards so take it easy.