Chester @ Covington

chs15

I don't know for sure how many people the stadium holds, but I have never seen anybody fill up the visitor's side completely, and that includes Brighton & Munford. Both schools have more students than Covington and they are just a 5 minute drive from us, so I don't think that you will run out of room. We will be glad to host all the fans that you can bring. Our field is one of the best in West Tennessee, too.

Looking forward to a good crowd on Friday.

nice i know our fans are looking forward to the game. I know this might be a little off topic but where is a good place to eat other then fast food?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Covington restaurants:

Coming into Covington from Brownsville as soon as you cross the railroad tracks, look on your left:

Pappy & Jimmy's - nice small restaurant. Plate lunches, catfish, other seafood, sandwiches. Inexpensive.

As you reach the square, look left underneath the buildings at the square:

Marlo's Down Under - Nice entrees, chef is really good. This is upscale dining, entrees run $15 to $30 per person, but great gourmet food.

On Hwy 51

Bald Butcher - Good variety on the menu. Sort of like Shoney's & priced like Shoney's. Salad bar too.

On Hwy 51

Margaritas - Mexican chain - excellent food.

There are several other Mexican restaurants that are good. There is a Chinese buffet next to Margaritas that is inexpensive, and seems to have a great variety. Some in my family like it and some don't. You can also go to Little Porky's BBQ.

However, if you really want BBQ, I suggest that you take I-40 to exit 35, get off and come thru Mason, stopping at Bozo's BBQ. It is a little out of your way but Bozo's is famous, and the current owner, John, does a great job with his Q.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

I don't know for sure how many people the stadium holds, but I have never seen anybody fill up the visitor's side completely, and that includes Brighton & Munford. Both schools have more students than Covington and they are just a 5 minute drive from us, so I don't think that you will run out of room. We will be glad to host all the fans that you can bring. Our field is one of the best in West Tennessee, too.

Looking forward to a good crowd on Friday.

We haven't went anywhere this year that we haven't filled up the stands so it will prolly be full for the first time CC brings a lot of fans to every game

Some Covington restaurants:

Coming into Covington from Brownsville as soon as you cross the railroad tracks, look on your left:

Pappy & Jimmy's - nice small restaurant. Plate lunches, catfish, other seafood, sandwiches. Inexpensive.

As you reach the square, look left underneath the buildings at the square:

Marlo's Down Under - Nice entrees, chef is really good. This is upscale dining, entrees run $15 to $30 per person, but great gourmet food.

On Hwy 51

Bald Butcher - Good variety on the menu. Sort of like Shoney's & priced like Shoney's. Salad bar too.

On Hwy 51

Margaritas - Mexican chain - excellent food.

There are several other Mexican restaurants that are good. There is a Chinese buffet next to Margaritas that is inexpensive, and seems to have a great variety. Some in my family like it and some don't. You can also go to Little Porky's BBQ.

However, if you really want BBQ, I suggest that you take I-40 to exit 35, get off and come thru Mason, stopping at Bozo's BBQ. It is a little out of your way but Bozo's is famous, and the current owner, John, does a great job with his Q.

Thanks, i know everyone around town is getting excited here in Henderson! We are excited about watching a good game. GO EAGLES!!!!!

Othe choices if you use Exit 35 from I-40

Braden Station is about 3 miles from the exit, toward Covington. This is a seafood buffet (about $17) but they have catfish, oysters, deviled crab, shrimp with tons of veggies, cobbler for dessert, etc.. Their seafood is all fried except for peel 'em & eat 'em shrimp.

The original Gus's Fried Chicken is in Mason near Bozo's. Gus's was named the 6th best restaurant in the world by Gentlemen's Quarterly a few years ago. Their spicy hot chicken is great, too. They now have franchised several locations in Memphis and elsewhere.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Othe choices if you use Exit 35 from I-40

Braden Station is about 3 miles from the exit, toward Covington. This is a seafood buffet (about $17) but they have catfish, oysters, deviled crab, shrimp with tons of veggies, cobbler for dessert, etc.. Their seafood is all fried except for peel 'em & eat 'em shrimp.

The original Gus's Fried Chicken is in Mason near Bozo's. Gus's was named the 6th best restaurant in the world by Gentlemen's Quarterly a few years ago. Their spicy hot chicken is great, too. They now have franchised several locations in Memphis and elsewhere.

Definately go through Mason,no disrespect to any other restaurant in or around town but both Bozos' and Guses' are as good as you get anywhere.

wow really did you read what i said. I know coaching makes a difference. But i dont think Covingtons coaching is better then CC at all. In fact ill put Hodum up against alot of coaches in the state. I dont wanna be a pain or nothing and was trying to be tactful in what i said. Ok well here goes i believe that CC will win becasue of there coaches. They have brought a team together and made it to this round in less then a year. How many programs can do that? These kids will give up everything for these coaches. Oh and go ask TCA how valuable Hodum and the staff was. They didnt do to good this year. Yes it does matter. GO EAGLES!!

On a side note how many does the stadium hold? Im expecting alot of CC fans to make the drive to the game.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TCA... My 14 year old sister can go coach a Private School SLAPPPP!!!!! And win a CHampionship!!! I mean thats like dumping a bucket of quarters in the garbage can, closing your eyes and trying to pick one out.... EASY!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TCA... My 14 year old sister can go coach a Private School SLAPPPP!!!!! And win a CHampionship!!! I mean thats like dumping a bucket of quarters in the garbage can, closing your eyes and trying to pick one out.... EASY!!!

Sounds like your sister is a pretty good Coach then!

If the garbage can is deeper than your arms are long it might be pretty hard!

Edited by use2play4cc

Hold on. The Massey MATCHUP says Covington 28 Chester County 21, so I don't think this is a blowout at all. I expect a close game, and I will look forward to hearing more about Chester County as we go along.

For Chester County fans, Covington is back to running our wing-T offense that was our bread and butter when we played in the 3A state championship game twice in the last 10 or 11 years. You can expect to see run, run, run and maybe 2 or 3 passes per game from us. We have three capable running backs that can each gain 100 yards per game or more.

Let me know what kind of offense I will see from Chester County.

they run the same offense just not as crisp. quick team, the defense sworms the the runner but they have not played anybody in weeks like covington. and i dont know who massey is and really dont care ia go by what i see. covington plays half as good as they did in the second half of the 1st obion game and this will get ugly.covington has the edge in all 3 parts of the game,plus speed and endurance.