Chester @ Covington

chs15

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a well-played game by both teams. I was pleasantly surprised by the Chester County offense. They were not spectacular (except for the long TD pass in the 4th quarter for their last score). They were solid and did not make many mistakes. Kudos also to the Chester County fans. I estimate that there were close to 2,000 people in our visitors stands. Y'all made the trip and supported your team very well. Good luck in future years, because you can build on your success this season.

I was pleased with my Charger offense. It appeared that the only way we were going to get stopped on offense was by fumbling (twice) or with holding penalties (had several of those). It did appear that Chester County had no answer for our speed at running back. But, then again, not many other people have had that answer either. Milan beat us when our 2 point conversion failed late in the game, and Brighton did manage to beat us early in the year. And, congrats to the defense for holding the opponent to 19 points. When we were down 13-6 at the half, who knew we would hold them to one score in the second half?

I want to congratulate our Chargers for advancing to the semi-finals. One more win puts us in the Championship game. Let's keep on using the fourth quarter as Charger Time. That is when we win the close games, and it says a lot about our conditioning, but also our heart.

Thanks to Covington for your hospitality. You guys played a great game last night. Chester County should not hold your heads down at all after a great season. I will give Covington this they are fast and a great running team. Lots of mistakes by both teams but a good played game. Good Luck to the Chargers next week.

Another great game in Covington last night between two great teams. Both played hard and gave their all. CC has nothing to hang their head about. They are a great football team. One thing you have heard me say about the Chargers on here before is these boys have more heart than any group I have seen, and they showed it last night again. It was great to be able to be there last night and see them victorious. Great job to the players and coaches. Proud of y'all! Good luck against Maplewood. Go Chargers!

Just a quick question for the Chester County fans. If covington was not the fastest team yall have seen all year (as stated previously that they wouldnt be) then i would like to know who was. Not trying to start anything at all, but if not for fumbles, covington was going to score at will. They were much faster than the defense of chester county, and it seemed like Chester Co was not ready for this speed.

I may be wrong, but i just dont see any other team in west tennessee having the speed that covington has?

Just a quick question for the Chester County fans. If covington was not the fastest team yall have seen all year (as stated previously that they wouldnt be) then i would like to know who was. Not trying to start anything at all, but if not for fumbles, covington was going to score at will. They were much faster than the defense of chester county, and it seemed like Chester Co was not ready for this speed.

I may be wrong, but i just dont see any other team in west tennessee having the speed that covington has?

Your backfield was the fastest we've faced! As for 4A in the west (not induing Memphis) Liberty as a "team" was the fastest IMO!