Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Let's get real!!! This DB in kingsport where the last time they won the state tournament was in 1887 don't act like it is Alabama or something, coach holtz or the ol ball coach would not be standing outside the football locker room waiting for an interview. LOL You guys just keep beating everybody with yor numbers around here and then take your butt kicking in the play offs and play some more prevent defense. LOL

Are you drunk?

Again, I will say that I have supported Coach Clark (G-Man) as much or more than most fans have in Kingsport. It was real easy being on his side thru the 2004 Season, we dominated Conference Play, Championship one after another and we won many Playoff Games, Home games especially.

But since then, you notice things, even when winning big in the Regular Season. DB Specail Teams used to dominate the game. I bet we used to get 10 or more blocked punts on average every year, but that has came to an almost halt over the past 5 seasons. Did we blocked any punts this year? Maybe 1, I can't remember. And our Kicking game, used to dominate, the Indians always could be confident of making 40 yard FG's, same thing happened about the time of the missing blocked punts, those went away. 2 Seasons ago it was game 3 before the Indians even had an Extra Point get past the line of scrimmage, most were blocked with the ball still in the holders hands. And Punt Coverage.... it's fine against these local programs, but in the recent Playoff Games the Indians have given up huge return after huge return, massive walls that our guys would just get blasted out of.

The question is: Why are the Indians not winning Playoff Games, at HOME, when they are favored in every one of those games, and in some instances, wins by multiple TD's (are expected). When you are the #1 Seed, playing the last place seed from another District, IN YOUR HOUSE, you don't loose, period. Not once, not twice not 3 times, you win that game every time. And when you are ranked in the State Top 5 (and much higher), you don't loose a Round 2 Game, IN YOUR HOUSE.... those are the games that set up the games that we are all waiting for.

What ever happens... happens.

This is a must: Drop Clinton and Sevier County from the Schedule and I would drop Farragut too. Sign up some tough home and away series with the likes of Riverdale and Maryville and Oakland, ect. DB travels better than anybody in the State, the best fans hit the road. We have to get ready for the Playoffs during the Regular Season

Roll Tribe Roll

Art, I know you know your football but the schedule is not the problem. I know everybody likes to harp on that because they just like to hate on DB. We played this weak schedule this year and our team came out in round one and put it to Jeff. Co in the first half 30-0. Held them to minus 25 yards of offense. Came back out in the second half and got pushed all over the field and outscored 14-7. Came out in the second round against a 11-1 Sevier Co. team and put it to them as well 21-0 at the half. Came back out in the second half and got outscored 35-7 and lost. We alll know why we lost and we all know why we layed down in the second half against Jeff. Co. The same reason is responsible for the McMinn Co. loss. The schedule didn't cause this. Clark has a problem that he can't fix. Don't know what happened to him but he can't fix this.

Ok, lets you and I have a civil conversation. So far Im only seeing a couple of posters on here in support of Clark staying on as head coach. I haven't talked to anyone in the community that is supporting him and I heard that it was the "talk" all over school today that he should resign. A week or two ago I never thought that Clark would implode on the sideline the way he did. Yes its happened a few times before but with most people when you jump out a third story window and survive you tend to not try that again. I think Clark has a problem that he can't fix. As far as who to replace him with well that shouldn't be so hard really. You put a group together and you search for sucessful coach. This coach does not have to come from Tennessee you know and he doesn't have to be a high school coach. The first state I would look in would be Georgia. Theres only been a "athlete problem" at DB a couple years out of the last 20. We had great athletes this year and will again next year. We know where the problem is.

Like i said earlier, fire him and fire him now. Everyone who wants to send Cary Daniels(Athletic Director) an email can do so at www.k12k.com. This needs to be done and done now. We're wasting time if we don't. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dbFAN91

Like i said earlier, fire him and fire him now. Everyone who wants to send Cary Daniels(Athletic Director) an email can do so at www.k12k.org. This needs to be done and done now. We're wasting time if we don't. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

Well.....I wonder if Cary Daniels will even know what we're talking about. And Im serious.

Art, I know you know your football but the schedule is not the problem. I know everybody likes to harp on that because they just like to hate on DB. We played this weak schedule this year and our team came out in round one and put it to Jeff. Co in the first half 30-0. Held them to minus 25 yards of offense. Came back out in the second half and got pushed all over the field and outscored 14-7. Came out in the second round against a 11-1 Sevier Co. team and put it to them as well 21-0 at the half. Came back out in the second half and got outscored 35-7 and lost. We alll know why we lost and we all know why we layed down in the second half against Jeff. Co. The same reason is responsible for the McMinn Co. loss. The schedule didn't cause this. Clark has a problem that he can't fix. Don't know what happened to him but he can't fix this.

WaCo, the problem is, as you know.... facing any game when adversity sets in. Then, stick your head in the sand and hope, hope, hope, it all goes away and we still have the lead. I know WaCo, I know. The Sevier County Game was the exact same as McMinn Co. except without that total embarrasment of a play to try and hold on in that one. I knew the game was over when they blocked our punt and made it 28-14. So did 75% of everybody on the Home side if they are honest with themselves.

I guess, I was trying to say, (in some way still trying to be a GC guy), that the best way to prepare for adversity is to face it during the season>>> and it seems the Indians rarely do. So, when Round 1 or 2 comes around and somebody smacks us in the mouth and puts up a fight, maybe we would be better prepared to fight back. But, your right, it is not the team, the players, the preparation.... it all falls on the Head Coach and he has not been able to stand up to any situation that requires good coaching.... not in a long long time.

WaCo, the problem is, as you know.... facing any game when adversity sets in. Then, stick your head in the sand and hope, hope, hope, it all goes away and we still have the lead. I know WaCo, I know. The Sevier County Game was the exact same as McMinn Co. except without that total embarrasment of a play to try and hold on in that one. I knew the game was over when they blocked our punt and made it 28-14. So did 75% of everybody on the Home side if they are honest with themselves.

I guess, I was trying to say, (in some way still trying to be a GC guy), that the best way to prepare for adversity is to face it during the season>>> and it seems the Indians rarely do. So, when Round 1 or 2 comes around and somebody smacks us in the mouth and puts up a fight, maybe we would be better prepared to fight back. But, your right, it is not the team, the players, the preparation.... it all falls on the Head Coach and he has not been able to stand up to any situation that requires good coaching.... not in a long long time.

watched the highlights on dbfootballshow.com coach clark wants to blame everybody but himself what a joke, to even mention a referee is funny, just own up to it and say you blew it by trying to run the clock out

Edited by dbfanforlife

watched the highlights on dbfootballshow.com coach clark wants to blame everybody but himself what a joke, to even mention a referee is funny, just own up to it and say you blew it by trying to run the clock out

I don't think that will get it this time. When I was a kid and my mom would be about fed up with 5 kids running around and being crazy....she would say, "Enoungh is enough, and too much is too much"!!

QB Club Meeting tonight, DB91? What time? Everybody should go.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

From Blount County here. If you get to the point where you are looking for a coach, I wouldn't give up on the Rankin idea. He pulled his daughter out of Alcoa and put her in CAK, he has lost 4 games this year and some of the fans have acted a little hideous towards him....I think if he could ever be hired, it would be after this year. At D/B, he would have access to great athletes, great fans that are hungry for a championship, great facilities, and he would be able to compete with Quarles for the 6A title every year. His son graduates this year, he is eligible for retirement, so some privates have been after him...he could make his retirement money and coach for a private and make that money also. If one of the privates don't sweep him up after the season, I could seriously see him going somewhere like D/B, everthing is in place and waiting for someone to right the ship and point it in the right direction and that is what he likes.

You will NOT get Rankin as he will not leave Alcoa for another public school as he has enough time in already to start drawing his retirement pay. The only thing he will leave for is a private school job or a public in another state. The only reason Alcoa got him is they gave him an Asst Principal job with the MONEY that entailed after he did NOT get either of the out of state jobs he wanted. One was at Valdosta in Ga and the other was Hoover in Ala.

Now as to what the problem is, I have NO idea because I am not there to watch. I will say it does take something to give up 28 points in a couple minutes over the last quarter. That is CHOKING on a GRAND SCALE! :roflol:

I will say good luck because unless 'something' changes, this will be the same thread NEXT year. You know like it has been for the last 10 years.

From Blount County here. If you get to the point where you are looking for a coach, I wouldn't give up on the Rankin idea. He pulled his daughter out of Alcoa and put her in CAK, he has lost 4 games this year and some of the fans have acted a little hideous towards him....I think if he could ever be hired, it would be after this year. At D/B, he would have access to great athletes, great fans that are hungry for a championship, great facilities, and he would be able to compete with Quarles for the 6A title every year. His son graduates this year, he is eligible for retirement, so some privates have been after him...he could make his retirement money and coach for a private and make that money also. If one of the privates don't sweep him up after the season, I could seriously see him going somewhere like D/B, everthing is in place and waiting for someone to right the ship and point it in the right direction and that is what he likes.

Coach Rankin is a great coach and if DB didn't have a great coach,he would be a fine one to have.Those Alcoa fans that act that way are just stupid with what he has done for Alcoa.I don't know coach Rankin,but I do know coach Rankin and coach Clark know each other.Unless DB fires coach Clark,I can't see him talking to DB out of respect for coach Clark.I just hope coach Clark and coach Rankin both have better things to do then read coacht.

Coach Rankin is a great coach and if DB didn't have a great coach,he would be a fine one to have.Those Alcoa fans that act that way are just stupid with what he has done for Alcoa.I don't know coach Rankin,but I do know coach Rankin and coach Clark know each other.Unless DB fires coach Clark,I can't see him talking to DB out of respect for coach Clark.I just hope coach Clark and coach Rankin both have better things to do then read coacht.

Rankin does NOT read CoachT. He has an assistant do it for him and tell him what is being said about him. He really would like CoachT not to be here. It tells too much truth about him from folks that do know about him. :roflolk:

While there are some detractors on here for him, there are just as many that will take up for him. Personally I am of two opinions about him. I will give him the fact he knows how to win, I personally do NOT get along with him. Our personallities just CLASH big time. :roflol: