WebbvsUSJ and St.GvsHarding

MemphisPrep1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warhawk, you are misinformed. Recruited financial aid does not exist at Webb.

In any case, the game tonight will be intense. Both teams are going to bring it all and leave it on the field. I hope to be able to watch what is sure to be an amazing high school football game. Webb has shown all year that they can shut down the run and the pass. With three shutouts, 4 teams held to one touchdown or less, and no team in their division putting up more than 21 points I see this being a very tough game for USJ. Only two teams have held Webb to under 30 points with only two more teams holding them under 40. Two of those teams (Maryville and Ensworth) are in the top ten in the state, in division I. Webb has a lightning fast backfield and a shutdown defense. That said, USJ appears to have a loaded offense, putting up over 40 points in 7 of their games with a combined total of 481 points on the season with an average of 43.7 points per game. The way I see it, if USJ comes out with their offense clicking on all cylinders and Webb makes a few mistakes, USJ has a real shot at getting the W. However, if the Spartans play Webb football like they are coached to do, and they bring the intensity, they will win, maybe even dominate. Whatever the case, tonight is sure to be a heck of a football game. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Good luck to both teams tonight. Go Spartans!

Webb - 45

USJ - 21

Edited by XSpartan

Webb and USJ is such an intriguing matchup this year. Webb is always an offensive powerhouse with a solid defense backin them up. USJ runs a spread offense with a pass first mentality which always seems to give defenses a hard time when most highschool teams aren't able to run such a complex offensive scheme. The reason why the game this year could be a real barn burner is USJ's defense this year has been coached really well to stop offenses made to run the ball, with proof in their games against SGIS and a very under-rated SouthSide team. If USJ's defense can have a solid second half, I have a feeling there will be some really upset Webb fans. Having said that, my prediction:

USJ - 42

Webb - 35

You should get out more. Anderson County, Campbell Co, Knox Central, Fulton, Lenior City, Gibbs, Knox Catholic, Halls - oh, and WEBB - all 1 set of bleachers.

Maybe it's an East thing. Even the smallest II-A schools in the Memphis are have visitor stands. Byrne, TRA, Rossville, SBEC. They aren't all nice, mInd you, and some are exceedingly small but seems like everybody has something. Im kind of scared climbing up the ones at TRA. Makes me no difference though. My back prefers that I walk around anyway.

Webbs stands are bad. the press box is really nice though, probably one of the best in the state. they should add a grassy turf field. They need to add one section to the right side of the stadium and they should add additional visitor seating. It really is sad. Whenever they play a 5a school or higher the visiting teams band takes up 1/4 of the stadium. the problem is the administration and president is a california guy who does not understand southern prep schools or the importance of athletics and an esprit de corp. Just shows you how good Coach meske is at running a football and athletic department. If that school wanted to they could go out and recruit knoxville, maryville, alcoa, and oak ridge for kids and easily have the best teams in the state. Its the only private school in knoxville capable of doing it...but the president could care less. This is why Coach meske chooses to play in the lower division...he knows the school wont back him to be able to get the athletes in to compete against ensworth, ba, baylor, mus, ect.

...but the president could care less.

Actually Huthchinson >> couldn't << care less. Saying he could care less means he cares somewhat... which is completely not possible. Until he gets run out of there, Webb will never reach their full potential in athletics. You are exactly right, they could compete with anyone in the state if Coach Meske had the backing of the administration.

Anyway, tonight my Spartans should roll. I expect C. Blance to go off tonight with TK Kelly showing everybody why he will be a big time DB prospect in 2 years when he's a senior. USJ is probably relieved to not have to defend A. Blance since he's no longer at Webb but don't underestimate the other RBs like Berube & Kelly, they can score in the blink of an eye. Webb's defense will hit USJ harder than anyone they have played this year. Ask the SBEC quarterback how it feels, he didn't want any more after the first couple of possessions!

Spartans 41-7.

Webb's offense is quick, and Webb's defense has proven they can stop anything run (or thrown) at them. I'm feeling Webb 42 - USJ 13.

So, how's that feeling working out for you at half????

USJ-20 Webb-13

Honestly still think Webb has best shot at winning game, but listening to Webb announcers on line is cracking me up---actually doing a pretty good job, but think they are a little more than surprised.

Trust me buddy there will be room for all your fans. But since when does having visiting stands behind the visiting sideline make a difference? ha I have never heard that before. But back to the field, I hope USJ has more play makers then just that one guy because one guy will not beat the Spartans.

Trust me buddy - from where I sit, it was all good !!!

Guess good thing we brought Ryan Garner, Chase Rushing, and both lines---

You are right, Mayhall would not have beat them by himself...I don't think.

Congratulations Bruins !!!