WebbvsUSJ and St.GvsHarding

MemphisPrep1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was unexpected. You've got to give those USJ kids credit, they brought the heat. It reminds me of the Webb @ ECS game in 09' ECS was heavily favored and Webb came in clicking on all cylinders ready to go and just flat out outplayed ECS. Pretty much the same thing happened tonight, but reversed. USJ came in looking for blood and they sure got it. Webb's D line was dominated all night and they just didn't seem to have an answer for Mayhall. I'm thoroughly impressed with USJ and am looking forward to seeing them @ state. I have to say, Caleb Blance really put Webb on his back tonight. With easily over 100 yards in rushing alone, Caleb was Webb's offense. I have to say, I didn't see the game going this way but USJ came out with the W. They just outplayed Webb all night. They brought it and didn't let up all night, so Webb never had a chance to catch up. Hate to see the seniors' season end like this but the better team won tonight.

Oh gosh your prediction....bless your heart if you think USJ will hold Webb to 21 points. Good luck with that. Hopefully you can find a seat that suits all your needs. See you at Faust Field pal.

you were right. we didn't hold webb to 21 points. However, at Faust Field we hung more on your sparrtenz than any other team this year. I think the most points all year.

Well, that was unexpected. You've got to give those USJ kids credit, they brought the heat. It reminds me of the Webb @ ECS game in 09' ECS was heavily favored and Webb came in clicking on all cylinders ready to go and just flat out outplayed ECS. Pretty much the same thing happened tonight, but reversed. USJ came in looking for blood and they sure got it. Webb's D line was dominated all night and they just didn't seem to have an answer for Mayhall. I'm thoroughly impressed with USJ and am looking forward to seeing them @ state. I have to say, Caleb Blance really put Webb on his back tonight. With easily over 100 yards in rushing alone, Caleb was Webb's offense. I have to say, I didn't see the game going this way but USJ came out with the W. They just outplayed Webb all night. They brought it and didn't let up all night, so Webb never had a chance to catch up. Hate to see the seniors' season end like this but the better team won tonight.

classy post. Always sad to see senior seasons end.

As a webb fan, congrats to usj. That qb was deadly accurate tonight, had a great arm. When a high school team can thow like that when he has no pressure all night its almost impossibe to stop. I thought the biggest 2 plays of the game was in the 3rd quarter when webb's LB dropped the int where he would of walked in the endzone and the very next play usj hits a 98 yard TD passon 3rd and 10! Thats a huge 14 point swing. Congrats to USJ and hope you all have a safe drive home and good luck to both teams in the championship game. Sad to see caleb blance leave, had great career at webb.

Complete domination... sure USJ gave up a lot of yardage to C. Blance and 4 TDs but it really didn't matter. USJ manhandled Webb's o-line and d-line all night long. Webb's defense was hapless at stopping the pass. 5 DBs and 3 LBs in pass coverage still couldn't stop USJ's deadly accurate QB and receivers. All the credit to USJ players and coaches, they played and called a great game. What a special night for all of their seniors.

It's been a great run for Webb, starting with the 2009 team who started it with two significant accomplishments by ending the losing streak to Knoxville Catholic and winning the state championship, the 2010 team with their perfect season and state championship and finally this year's team who had a great year but just had no answer for USJ last night.

Hope the throng of USJ coaches, players, parents, students and fans had a safe trip home. Good luck against St. George's, you whipped them once this year now go get your gold ball!

First of all, great job USJ! I don't think anybody in this state (besides Mickey Marley and the Bruin faithful) thought that you were going to go to Knoxville and beat Webb like you did. I hope that I get a chance to get my hands on that film.

Secondly, what about two West Tennessee team playing for the state finals this year? It has been a long time, but I think its OK for me to say that I think that the west side of the state had better football that the middle and east this year!

Thirdly, I am proud to say that I think that I was the only one across the whole board to pick SG to beat Harding!

So, with all that said, SG vs USJ.... Cookeville, TN... Dec. 1... Be There!