Matches to look forward to

nashwrestling

Being the Division II fan that I am, just thought I would share some matches within the division that I am looking forward to this year! Feel free to add others that I've left off.

106- James Westbrook (McC) v. Michael Murphy (Bay)

The younger of the Westbrook boys going up against ex-McCallie wrestler with a strong wrestling pedigree...Should be interesting to see if Murphy lives up to all of the hype. Also can't wait to see how these two do against the apparent CBHS stud coming in

Also watch out for Mike Eckhart (FR)

113- Adam Connell (McC) v. Nick Gray (CBHS)

Gray, one of the better technicians I've seen over the years. Also gotta love that bed head the kid's always got going! Connell, you know he is going to come into every big match prepared with Gordon being his father. Can't wait to see this one! Edge to Connell.

120- Cole Holloway (Bay) v Alex Elsea (McC)

True clash of styles as Elsea wrestles the more defensive style and Holloway an expert on his feet. Edge Holloway, can he defend his title? Will he be a five timer?

Don't look past Collin McNally as he has really improved over the off season. Could he upset one of the conventional favorites?

126- THE MATCH EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR

Zach Watson (Bay) v. Tate Robinson (CBHS)

Both have proved they can compete on the national scene. Something tells me these two will see each other again after high school. Tate is truly a gift to the sport, but how can you not give the edge to the veteran Watson? I think he's earned the right to be considered the favorite. Can Tate stop Watson's dream of becoming a 5xer?

Dark Horse: Danny Maloney ... got to think he might cut down to 120 or go up , but nevertheless, a very highly touted wrestler with loads of potential... Can he find his way back to the finals?

132- Brandon Bruner (Bay) v Mike Akers (FR)

Both experts on top, who can win on their feet and who can be the one to get off bottom? Both state champions, Akers has worked his tail off this summer as I'm sure Brunner has... Edge Akers, wins it on their feet

Dark horse: Tim Westbrooks, you can make an argument that Westbrooks is possibly even the best of the 3 despite lacking a state title... Will this be his year?

138- Alex Ward (McC) v Daniel Ballet (MBA)

Neither wrestle that flashy, look for a low scoring match with very few mistakes. Very tactical. Two intelligent young men.

145- Kaleb Baker (CBHS) v. Cole Mosely (FR)

Mosely coming off a strong showing at super 32, can this former state champ knock off nationally ranked Baker? Look for big time fireworks in this one!

Darkhorse: John Mark Bellet (MBA) improves every year, could he have a break through and be the next Simpson?

152- Mark Marchetti (FR) v. Houston Clements (Bay)

Both very strong and physical wrestlers. Clements won in last meeting at VA Beach in a close match. Hope he isn't out for the year as I have been hearing...Great kid, would hate that for him. Who will wrestle in his place if he cannot compete?

160- Michael Hooker (FR) v. Matt Cate (Bay)

Hooker looked dominant last year. Can he finish his final two seasons of his high school career undefeated? Can Cate win his first title his final year? Always fun to watch these guys

170- ???

185- TJ Holmes v. no body :roflol:

195 - Ricky Fisher v. my newest favorite Memphis Grappler, LAMER

Lamer, is this your year?? Show us what you got! Can you knock the big man, Fisher, off his ship? Edge. Fisher

Prove me wrong, Lamer :thumb:

220- ???

285 - Gouger v Youngblood

Will either of these two MEN even wrestle this year? If not, edge goes to... VA TECH's own, Woody Barron (BA)

Feel free to tell me if I'm an idiot... Just what I'm looking forward to this year!

Edited by nashwrestling

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the anonimity of your name so keep it a secret till the last day of the season then reveal yourself to me. There will be many potenetial opportunities for Mr. Fisher and i to me up; father ryan, southeast prep slam, and state duals as of right now. many opportunities and yet only two possible outcomes. :)

I heard Ricky Fishers new diet plan has helped him shed some pounds, as he will compete at 132 this year.

:roflol: Guess this makes Lamer the clear cut favorite at 195 lol. Didn't our dear friend BCB :flower: post on last year's board posting rules something regarding athletes who post about themselves? lol Maybe we need BCB to remind us all of those rules again.

:roflol: Guess this makes Lamer the clear cut favorite at 195 lol. Didn't our dear friend BCB :flower: post on last year's board posting rules something regarding athletes who post about themselves? lol Maybe we need BCB to remind us all of those rules again.

Getting close ol fish eater.. One thing I will say early is my son Cole Mosley....is a beast..

Two weeks and 3 days till EFT cranks is up

bcb iii :flower:

Who is this addressed to? and must agree with BCB. I'd hate to have to wrestle Cole Moseley this year.. he is a monster.

Who is this addressed to? and must agree with BCB. I'd hate to have to wrestle Cole Moseley this year.. he is a monster.

Not to you, Freestyle. I assuming you aren't a wrestler posting about yourself...? I was obviously talking about our 195lb friend.

On another note, Baker-Mosely will be one of the premier match ups of the year. I hope I am wrong, but I would have to say Baker is a favorite in this one.

Edited by nashwrestling

Not to you, Freestyle. I assuming you aren't a wrestler posting about yourself...? I was obviously talking about our 195lb friend.

On another note, Baker-Mosely will be one of the premier match ups of the year. I hope I am wrong, but I would have to say Baker is a favorite in this one.

That will be a great match. I believe the last time they wrestled Cole won a close match, but that was a couple years ago. Mr. Moseley has been putting in work and I think he can edge out Baker.

That will be a great match. I believe the last time they wrestled Cole won a close match, but that was a couple years ago. Mr. Moseley has been putting in work and I think he can edge out Baker.

I beleive that few years ago your refer to was like 4, and that was with Mosley being heavier than Baker at that time. Not sure it will be anywhere near the same if they matched up again.