Harpeth Indians Football

howdoitknow

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a program. Could you post the records of the coaches through history? I want to get the histories of Harpeth and Sycamore uploaded on the HSF Database website. Sycamore's records and scores are accurate. I also know that Tharp ('98-'03), Halstead ('04-'10) and Williams ('11) have been their coaches. I remember Cox being the coach of the 7-4 team in 1993 but don't remember him from 1994-1995 for some reason. Thanks again!

I got a phone call from a source that said it was 1995-2004. That made sense because the 2005 game was the "lightning delay" game and that was Loope's first game as Harpeth's head coach. Winkler resigned after 2004 when the "walkout/other stuff" took place.

I have Winkler's career mark at Harpeth as being 63-51 with 8 playoff trips in 10 years and 4 region titles.

3 times to the 1st Round (1995, 1996, 2003)

4 times to the 2nd Round (1997, 1998, 2000, 2001)

1 time to the Quarterfinals (1999)

The 2 teams that didn't make the playoffs were 2002 & 2004.

I got a phone call from a source that said it was 1995-2004. That made sense because the 2005 game was the "lightning delay" game and that was Loope's first game as Harpeth's head coach. Winkler resigned after 2004 when the "walkout/other stuff" took place.

I have Winkler's career mark at Harpeth as being 63-51 with 8 playoff trips in 10 years and 4 region titles.

3 times to the 1st Round (1995, 1996, 2003)

4 times to the 2nd Round (1997, 1998, 2000, 2001)

1 time to the Quarterfinals (1999)

The 2 teams that didn't make the playoffs were 2002 & 2004.

All above is correct :thumb:

Bill Cox was the very first Head Football Coach at Harpeth High...his last season was 1994

The 1997 season was very historic at Harpeth

First undefeated regular season- 10-0

First playoff win in school history- vs Camden

First TSSAA Mr.Football in school history-Brian Elliott

Jason Tant won a Mr. TSSAA Football in 1998

Has any other school in the county had a Mr. Football?

From 1997 to 2000....Harpeth won 4 straight Region 5-AA Titles winning 28 straight regions games in 4 years.

From 1997 to 2000....Harpeth won 4 straight Region 5-AA Titles winning 28 straight regions games in 4 years.

1997 was a great season and I still have my Region 5-AA championship T-shirt

I want to say that Jason Wofford was a finalist but Francis would be the poster that would be able to clarify whether this is indeed correct or not.

Ligon (Jeremiah that is) wasn't a Mr. Football Award winner however I'd put him against anyone that has ever carried the football in the history of this county.

Jason Tant was an exceptional lineman in high school. Matthew Tant was also an excellent football player.

I'll say that Sycamore's Wes Proctor (Austin Peay) and Cheatham County's Michael Jackson (UT-Martin) weren't Mr. Football Award Winners but they did represent the county well by going on to play and start for several years at the college level.

Dustin West and Nick Bogle are 2 names that I'd also throw out there on the list of great ones to have played high school football in this county. West had well over a 100 tackles and Bogle had something like 11-12 interceptions defensively for the 1997 Cubs defense.

I want to say that Jason Wofford was a finalist but Francis would be the poster that would be able to clarify whether this is indeed correct or not.

Ligon (Jeremiah that is) wasn't a Mr. Football Award winner however I'd put him against anyone that has ever carried the football in the history of this county.

Jason Tant was an exceptional lineman in high school. Matthew Tant was also an excellent football player.

I'll say that Sycamore's Wes Proctor (Austin Peay) and Cheatham County's Michael Jackson (UT-Martin) weren't Mr. Football Award Winners but they did represent the county well by going on to play and start for several years at the college level.

Dustin West and Nick Bogle are 2 names that I'd also throw out there on the list of great ones to have played high school football in this county. West had well over a 100 tackles and Bogle had something like 11-12 interceptions defensively for the 1997 Cubs defense.

Matthew Tant was a finalist in 2000 and should have won!!, with B. Elliot the AA Mr. Football Back in 1997 and J. Tant the AA Mr. Football Lineman in 1998

Harpeth leads the county with 2 Mr. Football's :thumb:

Edited by Hoganknows