District 3AAA

corbus

I hate this for Schoffner!! He did not deserve the second T. He got the first T for staying on the rim a little too long and had that one coming, but the second T was just another bad "judgement call" by another shameless ref.

I wish I knew his name, if so, I would certainly use it, but he's tall with short dark hair and looks like a combination of Goober/Gomer Pyle. He was incredibly biased; it was embarrassing. I would challenge anyone who has game film to argue my point on this one. He should be either ashamed, or quit for his own lack of talent.

I NEVER post on the "T", but this was BAD!!

Shoffner just let his emotions get to him and must have said something out of line to the #33 kid for Halls. They had been going at it hard and #33 was trying to get under his skin, i watched the whole thing unfold. We had trouble with that #33 last year, he mad Lonnie Mcclanahan very mad at Halls last year, and Lonnie wasn't the aggressive type. #33 is kind of an instigator type player, but you have to keep your cool. I don't know what was said, so i can't say if he shoulda been t'd up or not? The ref your speaking of was pretty bad though, i agree.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoffner just let his emotions get to him and must have said something out of line to the #33 kid for Halls. They had been going at it hard and #33 was trying to get under his skin, i watched the whole thing unfold. We had trouble with that #33 last year, he mad Lonnie Mcclanahan very mad at Halls last year, and Lonnie wasn't the aggressive type. #33 is kind of an instigator type player, but you have to keep your cool. I don't know what was said, so i can't say if he shoulda been t'd up or not? The ref your speaking of was pretty bad though, i agree.

Shoffner has played mad several games this year. This is going to hurt OR against Powell.

I let mine get to me too SS....and I've got underwear older than you...lol

LOL yeah, so i am not gonna get onto a 17 year old kid for losing his, especially when i probably would have too, cause their is something about that #33 kid for Halls that gets under my skin and i am not even playing, so i can understand Spencer losing his, cause he is actually playing against the guy and competing against him! Heck, it is part of the game. Kids go back and forth with it all night, it is called competing. Unless it was just way out of line, i wouldn't have called a T. It may have been, i don't know, but some of these refs think it is sunday school out there and not a competitive ballgame.

Ok, I guess I didnt make my self clear enough about the Halls arrogance thing. So, I will try and clarify a bit. Im not really talking about the team as much as I am the fans, parents, and school administrators. All teams need a little swagger and thats cool. These Halls people are really obnoctious(?). There student section is over the line of hjgh school basketball. They say things in a chanting way about kids from other teams that should not be allowed by their principals, coaches or administartors. But they condone this type of behavior and some actually think its cute. I personally am all for student sections so dont get me wrong. But when u start calling some homos, or inbreads, and the like, thats when the adults need to step in. The CC kids started to chant something the other night that was personal to a Halls kid and I saw the coach from CC tell them NO NO NO!!, and he was right to stop them. I have seen them play 6 times this year and in five of them they have been borderline embarrassing to the school, and their too ignorant to see it, because they are winning this year. The refs let them yell some horrible things at opposing players, and then when that player starts getting off on halls and looks at the student section to say "HOW U LIKE ME KNOW" the refs call the player down. Thats not right. I saw them Tell the Torres kid not to look over there again or they'd tee him up. I also saw them tee up the Campbell county girl, Morris I think, when she ran by them and told them to get louder as she was draining shots on their girls team. So, im rambling now. Its not really the team, just all the crap that goes along with the team.

Ok, I guess I didnt make my self clear enough about the Halls arrogance thing. So, I will try and clarify a bit. Im not really talking about the team as much as I am the fans, parents, and school administrators. All teams need a little swagger and thats cool. These Halls people are really obnoctious(?). There student section is over the line of hjgh school basketball. They say things in a chanting way about kids from other teams that should not be allowed by their principals, coaches or administartors. But they condone this type of behavior and some actually think its cute. I personally am all for student sections so dont get me wrong. But when u start calling some homos, or inbreads, and the like, thats when the adults need to step in. The CC kids started to chant something the other night that was personal to a Halls kid and I saw the coach from CC tell them NO NO NO!!, and he was right to stop them. I have seen them play 6 times this year and in five of them they have been borderline embarrassing to the school, and their too ignorant to see it, because they are winning this year. The refs let them yell some horrible things at opposing players, and then when that player starts getting off on halls and looks at the student section to say "HOW U LIKE ME KNOW" the refs call the player down. Thats not right. I saw them Tell the Torres kid not to look over there again or they'd tee him up. I also saw them tee up the Campbell county girl, Morris I think, when she ran by them and told them to get louder as she was draining shots on their girls team. So, im rambling now. Its not really the team, just all the crap that goes along with the team.

The student section is pretty annoying, i agree. Let them have their fun though, they aren't used to winning lol

Now for the Schoffner kid. He is good enough to know not to get the second one. But with that said, the reffing in our district has been awful this season. You have to know the situation and not give him that second one. I mean u call him over and chew him out for a second, and tell him u already got one so dont make me give u another and he's a smart enough kid to say sorry it wont happen again. If you look in the TSSAA rule book( which these guys never do), It says to call a technical as a LAST resort. I mean we have got to let these kids play with some emotion for gosh sakes!!! This is the best times of their lives and if a kid gets a nice dunk and doesnt do a chin up and touch his feet on the backboard, LET IT GO!! Geez, he just did some thing great and these jerks who think were there to see them blow a whistle ruin it!! Now for the re- action to Schoffners( or the refs) action. He is out for two games, which means hes out the Powell game Friday and out for the first game of the tourny Vs. the winner of the 4/5 game which will probably be Campbell or powell, and Campbell played them to a 3 point game earlier and Powell has beaten them once so far, so it could hurt them a bit. I hope that ref is proud of the fact he has sit the best player in our league out of his last chance to win a championship in high school. Geez!!!!LET THEM PLAY!!!!

Now for the Schoffner kid. He is good enough to know not to get the second one. But with that said, the reffing in our district has been awful this season. You have to know the situation and not give him that second one. I mean u call him over and chew him out for a second, and tell him u already got one so dont make me give u another and he's a smart enough kid to say sorry it wont happen again. If you look in the TSSAA rule book( which these guys never do), It says to call a technical as a LAST resort. I mean we have got to let these kids play with some emotion for gosh sakes!!! This is the best times of their lives and if a kid gets a nice dunk and doesnt do a chin up and touch his feet on the backboard, LET IT GO!! Geez, he just did some thing great and these jerks who think were there to see them blow a whistle ruin it!! Now for the re- action to Schoffners( or the refs) action. He is out for two games, which means hes out the Powell game Friday and out for the first game of the tourny Vs. the winner of the 4/5 game which will probably be Campbell or powell, and Campbell played them to a 3 point game earlier and Powell has beaten them once so far, so it could hurt them a bit. I hope that ref is proud of the fact he has sit the best player in our league out of his last chance to win a championship in high school. Geez!!!!LET THEM PLAY!!!!

i agree man, it is ridiculous. He should have warned Spencer, i hate that this happened. D*** refs.

It is shameful when refs, instead of the players, decide the games outcome. OR won, but lost since Spencer will be out Friday and 1st district game. I have seen some good, some bad, many inconsistent, especially between girls and boys games.

We will talk more when district is decided!

I agree.....of course.. I was dodging water bottles last night!!