District 3AAA

corbus

Well, I got one of my picks right last night. Karns was just too much for HV. But the one I want to talk about is the CC/Halls game. CC beat Halls and never trailed all night. Despite the refs, CC had 9 offensive fouls. If you guys were there did you see that CC crowd? I mean when the Litton kid got that monster dunk I thought the roof was gonna come off that place. The CC student section dwarfed halls and really kept them quiet all night. It was nice to see those guys leave the gym and know their season was over and we wouldnt have to see them any more. Dont know if we can beat Karns or not. Was 2 close games in season, and now its on nuetral site, who knows? All I do know is our 24 year old coach sent them to the house and we get to play at least till next week. And with Farragut beating Bearden who knows, we get get lucky in the region. I mean we beat farragut twice in regular season. Im just Glad Hall aint there!!!! LOL Go COUGARS!!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good game for Campbell County, great to see the crowd behind them! They dwarfed Halls student section, hope ours comes out Saturday. As for Karns/HVA, that had to be the worst I have seen a team play in the 2nd Q, they barely got the ball over half court most of the quarter. Give them credit for hanging tough in the 2nd half. Hope to see you in the final next Tuesday, not the consolation

Corbus and Chrome. I would love to meet either of u in the finals Tuesday. That would mean we beat Karns and then have a shot at winning it all. LOL. But seriously, all u guys know I liked AC and CC Basketball for years. This CC team plays harder than any ive seen up here for the last few years. Not the most talented bunch, but they hit the open man and play all kinds of tenacious defenses. Man, zone, gimmick, Whatever it is they get after it. I think we can all appreciate that. This new coach, allowing football players to tryout for the team has already made a difference in their toughness. I think theres 5 guys on the team that have never been allowed to play and thats gonna help them. And Chrome, your right, the Moore kid is a good player but he flops on every single shot he takes and at least 4 times agame a ref will call a foul when he was never touched. Its really a joke. He shot several shots of 26 ft or more last night. Do u think that coach will let another kid shoot from there once his kids are gone? probably not, I mean there just not high percentage shots and he did CC a favor throwing up those little push shots, and daddy never told him those were bad looks. I guess its ok, but just not in a one and done game u know? Thanks for joining the discussion.

Having seen Stetson play for quite some time, he is deadly from 3 point range, includng the 25+ footer, just didn't make them. Dad may give a little more (no pun intended) rope, but you also see Froening take those long bombs. I think simply, as I said before the game, if CC took it inside consistently, they had a great chance, and that's what they did. I'm rooting for you guys vs. Karns. Torres just has to get the ball over 1/2 court, and that will be a tough task. Just like Halls, I don't think Karns has a definative answer for Litton or Chapman. For us tonight, its all about the turnover and offensive teamwork. When we play selfishly and sloppily, we lose, simple as that. Defense has been fairly consistent all year. Hope they have an all day pass!!

Yea, good luck Corbus. It will take a couple really well played games for CC and Powell to win tonite but this is why they play the games. There probably the two best teams in the district but I would take our two coaches any day. I think if either game is close at the end, i would take Powell or CC. I think Powells coach should have been coach of the year for the job he did this year. I think it was one of his best coaching jobs hes ever done. I honestly would almost rather face OR in finals than U guys, just because of him. I hope your girls have a good night too. Looks like west and Maryville are the 1 & 2 seeds over there, with Farragut and LCity 3-4. Good luck to all and see u at the games!!!! NO HALLS TEAMS THERE TONITE!!!!! I love it!!!

Yea, good luck Corbus. It will take a couple really well played games for CC and Powell to win tonite but this is why they play the games. There probably the two best teams in the district but I would take our two coaches any day. I think if either game is close at the end, i would take Powell or CC. I think Powells coach should have been coach of the year for the job he did this year. I think it was one of his best coaching jobs hes ever done. I honestly would almost rather face OR in finals than U guys, just because of him. I hope your girls have a good night too. Looks like west and Maryville are the 1 & 2 seeds over there, with Farragut and LCity 3-4. Good luck to all and see u at the games!!!! NO HALLS TEAMS THERE TONITE!!!!! I love it!!!

Congrats to Powell. Oak Ridge choked it up on our home court. Glad i wasn't able to go lol...Powell has been a thorn in Oak Ridge's side this year. You always have that one team that gives you H***. Seems like Powell was ours this year. Congrats Corbus.

Corbus, I add my congratulations to Powell, also. Oak Ridge didn't play their best game tonight and I don't think anyone had a problem with the way the Powell team and their coach played their game.

Powell, this Oak Ridger will be there Tuesday night rooting for you.

However, as a mom, it bothers me that a group of grown men would be proud to deliberately make calls that harm kids. And then smile about it. So, STEVE QUEENER, if you are still the TSSAA commissioner, supervisor, whatever (if you're not, please insert correct name) and you are reading this, it's time to take a stand and get some refs that know how to call a game and have the kids best interest at heart. I don't care whose team it is.

Congrats to Powell and Karns.

Did I mention Powell beat Oak Ridge?!!

Wooooohooooo!

Yeah, they sure did. Have a feeling Oak Ridge hasn't had their final say though. A champ is made by how they get back up. All champs have hard times, what makes a champ a champ is how they respond after getting knocked down. We have a tough group of kids, they will be allright. S*** happens. After all, it is just a game. Gotta put things in perspective. congrats again to Powell. Not gonna make any excuses about the refs. Maybe they were bad, but they ain't the reason we lost. The reason we lost is cause Powell played better then us. Period.

Edited by SweetScience

No doubt about it Powell has exceeded expecations and it is through old school disciplined basketball.

Halls also exceeded expectations during regular season, but they are longer in the tourney.

Campbell County with 6 of the top 7 returning from last years team is just playing up to their talent level now. Campbell County fans really support their teams when they make a run in the tournament. In 08-09 when they beat West and Central in the district tourney only to loose to OR in finals - their crowds were amazing.

Karns is a tough team with the style they play and can knock you out of a game quick with the spurts of offense and the full court pressure.

Would have thought Oak Ridge would have took district on their home court - but now I will have to pull for Powell due to a respect for their coach.

Due to the upsets the Region will be very interesting.

Congrats Corbus!!!! I told u that coach of yours has done an outstanding job this season. We stunk it up with probably our worst effort of the second half of the season. Man they just force u into so many mistakes. Good luck with Karns, Im pulling for Powell. Now we have the task of beating a pissed off team on their home court for 3rd place. Should be a good game CC has not really played two bad games in a row this year. Would love to have beat Karns tho. Just not ready for that yet. Our girls have a chance to win it sso we will go support them as well. Again Congrats, and it was nice to be in Oak Ridge and no HALLS teams there. !!!!!