2A State Champions

TheAlumnist

2a is not that strong on the west side of the bracket there is a handful of 1a teams that could have made it the 2a champ game

Too bad they are playing 1a instead of 2a then, I think Friendship has the best shot to win because of one reason and one reason only, their line will be better than any line they will play and that's where games are won and lost in the playoffs.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently that defense is good enough to crown them champs already. We ain't scared of no sissy private schools :roflol:

We will see about this "sissy" private school when they manhandle the line and run the ball down every team's throat that they play to the state championship.. if they can do it against trousdale and boyd buchanan i doubt they care if you call them a sissy private school :thumb:

I promise you the only good team left is Friendship Christian. The state championship game was last night at Boyd Buchanan. It's unfortunate that Boyd lost the way they did. Boyd, Trousdale and Friendship were the front runners going in. I will say it now. Friendship WILL mercy rule Oliver Springs. Then they will win the state championship game by at least 21 points. Put this in perspective. We (SP) aren't as good this year, but still managed to beat Greenback and Coalfield. Both of those teams put over 30 points on Oliver Springs. If Friendship loses this chance for the 2A state championship someone needs to be fired. Friendship had the best team in 2006 and choked to Jackson Christian. That won't happen this year.

Jackson Christian doesn't play in 2A anymore :rolleyes:

We will see about this "sissy" private school when they manhandle the line and run the ball down every team's throat that they play to the state championship.. if they can do it against trousdale and boyd buchanan i doubt they care if you call them a sissy private school :thumb:

Those schools don't mean much to us in the west, tell it to someone else. JCS wasn't the best team over here the year they beat FC and if I were you I probably wouldn't look past Oliver Springs just yet.

Yes it is the adamsville bunch that squeaked by cascade. That was a great game by cascade and a sloppy one by adamsville who on that nigh had not played a football game for 21 days due to the bye. I was told by some very knowledgable people that know trousdale and fcs very well and in their opinion we match up well with both teams. We have a good defense and an offense that can score lots of points at times. Our biggest problem is we like to beat ourselves some. But each week we get better at that. So until we play who knows for sure. We got a chance and we will take it to whoever we play.

beating your self will make your eyes cross :rolleyes: hope you fix that before its too late :thumb:

You had to have 2 bogus calls to beat another private school in OT. Our boys hammered them earlier.

Well maybe we can meet in Cookeville and show you how to really run the ball :twisted:

Don't count on either West Tn teams to bow down at the feet of the "Almighty East" teams. No one gives Dresden a chance to win and we are still around. Haven't seen any team we've faced just pound the ball down the middle on our defense. :mrgreen:

Hopefully the Lions will be ready to play Adamsville this week, we don't care who makes it, from the other semi as long as we are playing in Cookville the following week. :thumb:

Edited by ysoangry