CAK vs Austin East (AE)

FootballDad

Both teams are having special years and are new to this level of the playoffs.

... new to Austin-East in recent history.

I predict a high scoring game. FB Dad....ask your linebacker about some special guest appearances at practice this week. As always...GO WARRIORS :popcorneater:

Austin-East's offense has struggled against lesser competition than CAK. It would be a pleasant surprise to see them score a lot of points.

Thanks for asking that Columbia, the D does live in the shadows at CAK for sure. Well, they didn't do much at all the first half of the season, ha. But now they are playing good football. They are pretty much a base 4-4 cover 3 style of team. They will mix in some man coverages and some blitz and stunt packages when the occasion calls for it. There is some size on the D line with a mix of a speed guy or two. Inside backers are tough, very active and have good range, but neither of them are close in size to your #10. Secondary has been good at times and bad at times as well. Lots of rotation back there depending on the circumstances of the game and the passing threats they may be facing. Overall I would say CAK has a nice defense that has improved immensely since the loss to Grace and has been instrumental in recent victories, especially over Alcoa and Polk. They have decent speed, a couple of guys who can lay the lumber, and overall are tough young men. I hope that is a fair evaluation for those that have watched CAK play.

I saw your son in the Anderson County game. He seemed to be making plays all over the field. Does he play ILB or OLB?

Is CAK's defensive scheme a true 4-4 or more like a 4-2-5 where those OLBs are similar to strong safeties?

Lots of schools say this to CAK when they have not played them before. Is that because they think the private school kids cant hang with the "big tough" public school kids? I sure hope not, because that's a very poor assumption. CAK has proven again and again (Alcoa the past few times, Polk last year, Loudon, AC, etc.) that they can play with the big tough guys and beat them. These kids arent afraid or weak. I dont mean to rant, but people get me fired up when they seem to assume that CAK will just roll over once they get hit a few times or that they've never been hit or experienced "noise/pain". I can assure you that Alcoa last year brought more "noise/pain" than you would know what to do with and CAK hung with em 14-3. This'll be a great game I think. Both teams are having special years and are new to this level of the playoffs. I predict a high scoring game. FB Dad....ask your linebacker about some special guest appearances at practice this week. As always...GO WARRIORS :popcorneater:

Ha, he already told me about it. I love it. Once a Warrior always a Warrior. We miss you guys, always good to have you around :thumb: Talking about taking a hit and coming back for more, man you were a big hit magnet but you would jump back up and come back for more, and I respect that!

I saw your son in the Anderson County game. He seemed to be making plays all over the field. Does he play ILB or OLB?

Is CAK's defensive scheme a true 4-4 or more like a 4-2-5 where those OLBs are similar to strong safeties?

He played OLB for 2 years and moved to ILB this year. He's versatile enough to play both. He was in a lot of coverage sets against AC since they are predominantly a passing team, so that is probably why you saw so much of him.

As far as CAK's defensive scheme, they work out of a 4-4 base but as you've mentioned they have played it like a 4-2-5 at times. They've played it like a 5-3 as well, it just depends on their opponent.

haha I'm just having a little fun.. I know CAK isn't taking AE lightly!! I hope AE isn't taking CAK lightly.. AE DB's will have to step up big time because that passing game of CAK will eat AE alive if they don't.. Yes, the band SHOULD be there.. THEY BETTER be there..

I thought you were, you definitely seem to enjoy having a little fun on the T, especially when its AE vs Fulton, ha. Its time for AE & CAK to finally meet on the gridiron. (Fulton too, we tried, but that's another story) Not sure my Warriors were ready a few years ago to be able to hang with the Roadrunners, but the past 3-4 years our boys have grown up a bit, primarily due to getting kicked around by Alcoa along with some tough games with Loudon, Polk and a few others. While others may predict a big CAK victory I know the coaches and players have a lot of respect for AE's abilities and are focused on the Roadrunners. It will be interesting to see how AE's vaunted D handles CAK's record setting pass attack. Also, I hope to see CAK's defense continue to play at the level they have played since the last part of the season and in the playoffs. AE will challenge them with some very good athletes with a lot of speed & power. Hope you can make it to the game.

Good luck to CAK friday night from a Polk fan. I'll be in Cookeville for the championship games and hope to see yall there. FootballDad if you guys win friday night we will have to meet up in Cookeville. Once again good luck CAK.

Thanks Blaster, I'd love to get together in Cookeville if we are fortunate enough to beat AE. They are very athletic and will challenge us in all phases of the game. But I may come anyway even if we don't win. I've got Powell & Mt.Juliet connections so they may be there as well.

Thanks Blaster, I'd love to get together in Cookeville if we are fortunate enough to beat AE. They are very athletic and will challenge us in all phases of the game. But I may come anyway even if we don't win. I've got Powell & Mt.Juliet connections so they may be there as well.

CAK finally gets past alcoa and has that chance at the state title, but wait BEEP BEEP here comes the roadrunners with the upset. I personally think this is the one game people should be havin there eyes on friday night ,everybody is over looking AE but im hear to tell you now , this is the last team cak should have wanted to play. A team like AE when there hott and winning could be dangerous. Cak will have there hands full come friday

CAK finally gets past alcoa and has that chance at the state title, but wait BEEP BEEP here comes the roadrunners with the upset. I personally think this is the one game people should be havin there eyes on friday night ,everybody is over looking AE but im hear to tell you now , this is the last team cak should have wanted to play. A team like AE when there hott and winning could be dangerous. Cak will have there hands full come friday

No doubt. Much respect for AE's capabilities. Special teams play is a real concern for CAK against the big play capability of the Roadrunners. CAK will play hard and with confidence. It will be a great game.