Coach Husband at BA

WaReAgLe3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way just to get back to the topic of the board i really hope husband does not get fired. I am not saying he deserves not to but he is a good man and the kind of man you want to be around your kids everyday. He knows what he is doing. and i still believe he can get the program going again. you cant blame ba if they let him go though

First off i did not say ricky was a bad coach just a good recruiter. Its obvious the man can coach there is no denying that. What i am saying is that he wins with superior talent. The only teams that could match his talent were macallie and briarcrest. Its his superior players and depth that allow him to win so often. His 7 though 10 would start for most teams in the league there is no denying that. Also, the fact that you say he could win coaching any team is a joke of a statement and absolutely preposterous. If you really believe that you know nothing about basketball. in my opinion ricky is not even the best coach in the league. he is third behind bontrager and anglin. Bontrager can flat coach. he is the best coach in this league. if you saw the team he took to the state semifinals you know that their talent was nowhere near close to that of the other three teams. the man is a basketball genus. His teams player harder than anyone else's. if he had the talent ricky does he would be winning every other year also. Anglin is the same way. He is smart and a great game planner. His kids are very tough and that comes from him. Ricky falls behind these two in my book. Yes he has more wins and titles, but put these two in charge of the talent he has and they would be winning every year. I know for a FACT that every other coach in the league cheers against bowers every chance they get. You can say it is out of jealousy but truth is it is because of the way he does things. once again i want to clarify i think ricky is a good coach he is just an even better recruiter. i am not trying to start anything with this post i am just putting the opinion of almost everyone else in the league out there. Stop giving the man so much credit you have to have good players to win period and he always has the best.

I guess you are just ignoring the fact that the majority of his last two teams came to Ensworth in Pre-first grade while Ricky was still coaching at MBA. He had nothing to do with recruiting those boys although I guess there was probably some smart admissions person that could recognize that a 5 year old was going to be a good high school basketball player. EHS did not have the second best talent this year. Probably not even in the top 5. It was a rebuilding year and they played a lot of young players that got better. His 6-10 players would have set the bench or been cut from most other schools teams. But, because Ricky coached them up and played a lot of people they got better during the year.

He is far and away the best most liked coach (by the players he coaches) in TN and no one is even a close second and he would win wherever he coached. If any other school had a chance to hire him their current coach would be gone in a heart beat.

Lastly, he does not need to recruit. If someone is a good athlete and an above average student that can do the work at EHS they come look at the school on their own. Financial aid is provided if there is need and they qualify. EHS provides financial aid in the same range as all the other D2 schools (its public record just go look it up)

Smith is not going anywhere. Tippett is and has been the best coach in the Memphis area. BA started horribly added some players finished season well only to be put out by Ryan. If BA wants to really compete theyhave to get a new coach in there. Otherwise the best talent will be in the stands or transferring.

Help me understand...are you saying the financial aid is not provided if there is not a need as if the family can afford to go there on their own ? Also, where do you go to look up this information ?

Lastly, he does not need to recruit. If someone is a good athlete and an above average student that can do the work at EHS they come look at the school on their own. Financial aid is provided if there is need and they qualify. EHS provides financial aid in the same range as all the other D2 schools (its public record just go look it up)