Coach Husband at BA

WaReAgLe3

Coach Maddux isn't going to leave CPA to come and coach at BA. He seems to have a good thing going there and I would seriously doubt he would consider leaving before Jalen Lindsey graduated. I will be interested to see who makes the short list of candidates. From what I've heard, the administration will be at the game tomorrow against USN to 1. see how the team bounces back after the debacle at Hillsboro and 2. "Scout" the coach at USN.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Maddux isn't going to leave CPA to come and coach at BA. He seems to have a good thing going there and I would seriously doubt he would consider leaving before Jalen Lindsey graduated. I will be interested to see who makes the short list of candidates. From what I've heard, the administration will be at the game tomorrow against USN to 1. see how the team bounces back after the debacle at Hillsboro and 2. "Scout" the coach at USN.

There was no bounce back. Lost 52 to 40 to USN.

Yes, I was at the game and our young men looked uninspired out there. On a side note, now that Potter is leaving how long before Husband gets replaced? Do they let him finish the season or not?

I was at the game as well, and the boys looked okay in the first half, but struggled in the second. There is and has been plenty of talent at BA, but Husband doesn't have the ability to coach to his talent. He consistantly tries to make his players fit his coaching style instead of designing his game around the talent he has. Over the past 4 years, I have watched at least 8 good players quit the game or leave the school specifically because of his coaching style.

They should have replaced him last year, and in my opinion should do so as soon as possible or this season will be exactly like every other season he has coached, maybe even worse.

BA lost to CPA 62 to 48. Only 8 players dressed for BA. BA basketball program has always had to cut players from the team. Now they are looking for players. Something wrong with that picture.

With only 8 players competing, there will be limitations on the BA game plan. ie no full and half court press, unable to keep fresh legs on the court, unable to play aggressive defense due to foul out concerns.

Wow- 8 players. Tough situation- especially since the school has a mandatory athletic participation policy. I may seem old school- but it Seems like the kids (especially the upperclassmen) would have more pride in the school than let the team dwindle down to 8- and not let the team go through that kind of hardship.

There are plenty if good athletes there- not to mention the freshman class is loaded with talent. Please tell me there was a special circumstance- help me understand what's going on.

Edited by GoldenGoose85

Wow- 8 players. Tough situation- especially since the school has a mandatory athletic participation policy. I may seem old school- but it Seems like the kids (especially the upperclassmen) would have more pride in the school than let the team dwindle down to 8- and not let the team go through that kind of hardship.

There are plenty if good athletes there- not to mention the freshman class is loaded with talent. Please tell me there was a special circumstance- help me understand what's going on.

There are 3 injured players who would normally get good off the bench time, hopefully by January and district play they will all be well. But that does not make up for the fact that despite being an awesome person and man of God, he doesn't doesn't know how to coach a team. Players who should be excelling in the sport are faltering in an offense that doesn't allow players to take a shot when they are open, but puts blinders on them to "run the play". Parents of boys who have quit have told me their son's were told specifically not to shoot... really?

Edited by 3ptshot

Just 1 more to add to the losses by this 'wanna-be' coach. Has some talent on the team this year, but no one will ever know as the losses will pile up. Blame BA overall for hiring a person unqualified for the position, and not having the guts to make a change. Oh thats right, BA isn't about winning anymore.

Please give all of BA a Christmas gift and step aside. You have drained the life out of basketball at this school.