Riverdale Offseason Thread

RutherfordRazor

you bring up several good points but i do have a counter point to that...when we showed up for football and 2 a days that was the first time we did any work for football other than maybe running around the block a mile or 2 TODAYS KIDS work everyday a couple hours a day during the summer and work out everyday during school so they are in better so called football shape than we were

as far as talent at RIVERDALE we was not as good as the 04 or 94 team but we was just as talented as our other state champion teams and runner ups HAVING SAID THAT MARYVILLE WAS really good too

And FINALLY Coach Rankin is a GREAT COACH he is not in the TSSAA football hall of fame and the RIVERDALE hall of fame for nothing. and people told us after the 94 team our talent was gonna go down then after the 97 team same thing then after the 01 team the same thing and the 04 same thing so I am lead to belive that we would have been ok the 00 02 03 teams had no business being in the state championship game as they were young but we always found a way to win

Nice post! Under Coach Rankin and staff the young men at Riverdale busted their rear ends year round in the weight room and during conditioning! If i remember correct if you look at the summer pics after weight training the majority of those young men were cut pretty good! Don't remember alot of fatties! I also do not buy that the talent is no longer there! Might be a little less but with 2200 kids in that school I have a hard time believing that! GO WARRIORS! WORK EVEN HARDER THIS OFF SEASON! :hungry:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this talent was displayed where?

Played my high school football at RAF Lakenheath, England. Played American teams at SHAEF Belgium, Wiesbaden Germany, Central London, Evearaux France, and Kiserslauten Germany. We didn't have a bus, the Air Force flew us everywhere! I made the ALL Europe team and was flown to Hawaii to play the Far East team that was made up from service kids stationed in Japan, Taiwan, Okinawa, and the Phillipeans.

Did not play college ball as I was in Vietnam then. I walked on with the Jacksonville Sharks of the OLD World Football league and made the team. You may have heard of my linebacker coach. Mild mannered gentleman named Dick Butkus.

When the league folded I was picked up by Edmanton in Canada. I stayed there for a couple of months until I was picked up by another southern team called the Atlanta Falcons for their taxi squad. Stayed there for two months until I broke my neck in a car wreck. Atlanta changed coaches during this also. Was cleared to come back, but the possibility of becoming a vegetable from the neck down was not appealing. So I came home and started college and went back in the National Guard.

So I guess you could say I have seen a 'little' football in my life. No I have never Coached, but I have been around some VERY good ones!

Happy now? <_<

Now I have a question. What are your qualifications? And you played where and what level? For that matter what has YOUR team done in METRO you are so proud of?

Played my high school football at RAF Lakenheath, England. Played American teams at SHAEF Belgium, Wiesbaden Germany, Central London, Evearaux France, and Kiserslauten Germany. We didn't have a bus, the Air Force flew us everywhere! I made the ALL Europe team and was flown to Hawaii to play the Far East team that was made up from service kids stationed in Japan, Taiwan, Okinawa, and the Phillipeans.

Did not play college ball as I was in Vietnam then. I walked on with the Jacksonville Sharks of the OLD World Football league and made the team. You may have heard of my linebacker coach. Mild mannered gentleman named Dick Butkus.

When the league folded I was picked up by Edmanton in Canada. I stayed there for a couple of months until I was picked up by another southern team called the Atlanta Falcons for their taxi squad. Stayed there for two months until I broke my neck in a car wreck. Atlanta changed coaches during this also. Was cleared to come back, but the possibility of becoming a vegetable from the neck down was not appealing. So I came home and started college and went back in the National Guard.

So I guess you could say I have seen a 'little' football in my life. No I have never Coached, but I have been around some VERY good ones!

Happy now? <_<

Now I have a question. What are your qualifications? And you played where and what level? For that matter what has YOUR team done in METRO you are so proud of?

Awesome story of you life LOD, your my hero! :popcorneater:

Awesome story of you life LOD, your my hero! :popcorneater:

I am NO hero and I hated writing it. The only reason I did was because the Metro Coach that is the big fan of Coach A insinuated I did not have a valid reason for questioning both Coach A's choking and the state of Metro coaching in general.

Hopefully he is satisfied now that I have seen a 'little' football in my life.

I am NO hero and I hated writing it. The only reason I did was because the Metro Coach that is the big fan of Coach A insinuated I did not have a valid reason for questioning both Coach A's choking and the state of Metro coaching in general.

Hopefully he is satisfied now that I have seen a 'little' football in my life.

This has nothing to do with coach A.I like all coaches,may like some ways of coaching better than others ,but all styles and methods win and lose every week. I have never insinuated anything,you have an opinion and that is fine. I was just interested where you played wishbone football. As for my qualifications, I have none in comparison,but I do enjoy football.

This has nothing to do with coach A.I like all coaches,may like some ways of coaching better than others ,but all styles and methods win and lose every week. I have never insinuated anything,you have an opinion and that is fine. I was just interested where you played wishbone football. As for my qualifications, I have none in comparison,but I do enjoy football.

Played the wishbone in England as my Coach was a Oklahoma product. :roflol:

I did not like it that well either, because as a tight end it got me run over ALOT!

LOD, why do some of the colleges, Navy Georgia Tech etc..., still run the wing t since it doesnt work?

WingT can work 'IF', it is a blend of run and pass. The trouble was when Coach A came to R'dale he did NOT pass. Called only running plays and it resulted in teams loading the box and totally shutting our offense down.

The problem was NOT the offense, it was the Coach and his judgement as to plays and staff he choose. Presently it is better, but still not perfect. He has about a month to work on it before starting the next season.

In the mean time, the energy MUST be spent in the weight room!

WingT can work 'IF', it is a blend of run and pass. The trouble was when Coach A came to R'dale he did NOT pass. Called only running plays and it resulted in teams loading the box and totally shutting our offense down.

The problem was NOT the offense, it was the Coach and his judgement as to plays and staff he choose. Presently it is better, but still not perfect. He has about a month to work on it before starting the next season.

good answer. thanks i agree.

What time are you gonna be there and what body parts you hittin today? I'm doin back and biceps. Maybe we can hook-up and throw some iron around. :popcorneater: