Riverdale Offseason Thread

RutherfordRazor

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about playing our back up more but i also agree with that in basketball...we are u0p 30 points in basketball and the starters are still in...

That is one of the things that Rankin did we knew the year before who the starters was going to be the next year he didnt put in whole sale subs he would play 2 or 3 here and then another 2 3 there mixing it up not always the entire 2nd team some starters and some second and third teamers...

One of the disadvantages with running the wing T a lot of times the score doesnt get much seperation until 4th QTR and with the mercy rule and the clock not stopping then that gives less time and fewer plays for the back ups to get in...and as a PARENT of a back up WE HATE THAT LOL (he is only a freshman so he hasnt been effected by this)

A good example of this helping RIVERDALE was in 01 we lost our lineman 5A Mr football lineman due to an injury in the semi finals game and we had a SO step in and take his place and that SOPH won the defensive MVP and building that depth during the season REALLY helped that night

Then just move on up to Blount County and jump on the Maryville bandwagon.

Why? R'dale USED to win it all. Not my fault our current Coach cannot plan ahead and not choke. If he would actually pay attention to details and plan more than 5 minutes ahead instead of panic by panic we would not have to have this discussion year after year when he....

CHOKES!!!!!!!! :roflol:

Why? R'dale USED to win it all. Not my fault our current Coach cannot plan ahead and not choke. If he would actually pay attention to details and plan more than 5 minutes ahead instead of panic by panic we would not have to have this discussion year after year when he....

until you can be a man and spend quality time with caoch A, and find out whats really going on at Riverdale, you don't need to say anything. i mean quality time. for a whole season. you need to hang out from weightroom time to the end of practice time. starting in January until final game. put up or shutup!

With the exception of Siegel (who played two QBs) give us one example of any team in Rutherford County that gave their backup QB any real reps. Building depth doesn't seem the be a big concern in district 7AAA. I know a few players get reps in practice and a few unorganized JV games. But on Friday night, when the lights come on, it's just the same 17 or 18 players every week. Looks to be the same on all the local teams and this may be the reason District 7AAA doesn't have a team in Cookville this week. Lets face it, The way its done here will work as long as you don't have any injuries. And if you do.... Well, it's over. :popcorneater:

I agree, but I also know that coaches are looking for playmakers and if a kid can make it happen I believe he will work his way into playing time somewhere on the field. I think the attention that the JV gets is a joke, their games look like a backyard football game with pads. And can someone tell me why are kids at practice standing around. They sould be somewhere running the same offenses against the same defenses that the varsity is running. I strongly believe that the difference between a good team and a great program is repeat ability and we are sorely lacking in that area. Until that changes nothing will change.:popcorneater:

LOD, man you gotta take it easy. Remember the stress in the chest. I do agree that things at the Dale have changed. But it's not just in the coaching staff. The landscape has changed, more schools in the county as well as those coming into the county poaching around, fall baseball, rugby and so on. How strong would Riverdale have been with the kids from Blackman on their team or Oakland with the kids from Siegal on their team. My point is and to your credit it does put even more presure on the details. Staying on the kids about working out, making sure you maximizing the opportunity you have to coach a kid up, working on the JV like you mean it and getting some football players to move into the neighborhood. Times they are a changin I hear they gettin dial up even as far away as marville, ovens that cook without a fire even people that have cold air blowing into their houses. What's next? :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

I agree, but I also know that coaches are looking for playmakers and if a kid can make it happen I believe he will work his way into playing time somewhere on the field. I think the attention that the JV gets is a joke, their games look like a backyard football game with pads. And can someone tell me why are kids at practice standing around. They sould be somewhere running the same offenses against the same defenses that the varsity is running. I strongly believe that the difference between a good team and a great program is repeat ability and we are sorely lacking in that area. Until that changes nothing will change.:popcorneater:

have you been to more than one weeks practice. the last three years there is no one standing around. everyone is doing drills or running plays. wells takes defense staff and works half the practice with freshman and jv while coach A and his coaches work with varsity. then they swap the next half. everyone is working the whole practice and evryone has a chance to prove they can play. everyone gets alot of reps. only time the starters were getting all the time was the last week when they were working with dale.

LOD, man you gotta take it easy. Remember the stress in the chest. I do agree that things at the Dale have changed. But it's not just in the coaching staff. The landscape has changed, more schools in the county as well as those coming into the county poaching around, fall baseball, rugby and so on. How strong would Riverdale have been with the kids from Blackman on their team or Oakland with the kids from Siegal on their team. My point is and to your credit it does put even more presure on the details. Staying on the kids about working out, making sure you maximizing the opportunity you have to coach a kid up, working on the JV like you mean it and getting some football players to move into the neighborhood. Times they are a changin I hear they gettin dial up even as far away as marville, ovens that cook without a fire even people that have cold air blowing into their houses. What's next? :popcorneater:

RELAX MAN YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT SEASON. MARYVILLE IS JUST A MACHINE THIS YEAR AND CANT BE STOPPED