Lawrence County at. Summertown

reggieboy

This game was ridiculous from the start. Summertown really played terrible. If they were playing any other team in the state they would have lost by 20. One unexpected event in this game was how BAD Lawrence County was. I'm lobbying for a match up between Lawrence County and Coffman Middle School.(BARN BURNER). Another Unexpected thing from this game was well I can't say unexpected because it happens everytime two in county rivals play, The refs make a show out of the game. There's nothing more upsetting than a group of refs (or 1) who honestly thinks the sold out gym is there to see him. It takes the game away from the players who prepare eveyday to come out and play. At one point in the game Summertown had 18 fouls to LAW CO's 5. They allowed 0 contact AT ALL, which is probably a blessing because if Summertown wasn't in foul trouble the game could have gotten out of hand early. At the end of the game Summertown Walked over Lawrence County by 23 but the score didn't show how terrible the game actually was from every aspect. Atleast the girls game was entertaining.

Edited by reggieboy

This game was ridiculous from the start. Summertown really played terrible. If they were playing any other team in the state they would have lost by 20. One unexpected event in this game was how BAD Lawrence County was. I'm lobbying for a match up between Lawrence County and Coffman Middle School.(BARN BURNER). Another Unexpected thing from this game was well I can't say unexpected because it happens everytime two in county rivals play, The refs make a show out of the game. There's nothing more upsetting than a group of refs (or 1) who honestly thinks the sold out gym is there to see him. It takes the game away from the players who prepare eveyday to come out and play. At one point in the game Summertown had 18 fouls to LAW CO's 5. They allowed 0 contact AT ALL, which is probably a blessing because if Summertown wasn't in foul trouble the game could have gotten out of hand early. At the end of the game Summertown Walked over Lawrence County by 23 but the score didn't show how terrible the game actually was from every aspect. Atleast the girls game was entertaining.

Gotta give credit to Summertown they beat Lawrence County handily, but in the Wildcats defense, we did lose every starter from arguably the best team ever to come out of Lawrenceburg last year. Typical Summertown fan though, always complaining about officiating. When there was a foul, they called it, bottomline. Why not try to congratulate your team on a victory instead of downgrade their performance. I'm sure Coach Trotter doesn't need hometown heroes like you to tell his team what they did wrong. When the Wildcats find their stroke from behind the 3point arc, things should get better

Edited by volunteercat56

You could tell how this game would be from the beginning. Maybe the tone was set by all the Lawrenceburg fans leaving after the girls game. I can't be Lawrenceburg would ever use the excuse rebuilding or lost to much talent last year. I'm glad these two teams are playing again and I'm glad Stown can compete at the level of a school 3 times as big. Great game experience with the crowd and the student sections. Little brother won the fight last night it's nice to get one every once in a while.

Really buddy? You come out, first downgrading your own team, then downgrading LCHS that bad? It shows what kind of person you really are. Summertown did indeed play a good game. Chard and Allen have improved tremendously from last year where they could only shoot the three, to being able to drive the lane and finish. However, I believe it is not necessary to downgrade LC that bad. LC lost 6 seniors that played 90% of the minutes. It is hard for a team with hardly any experience go into that "Hoosiers" look a like gym and compete effectively. However, Summertown played a good game and deserved to come out with the W. But for your own sake, learn some respect.

Welcome reggieboy!! That's a fine post for your first one. Very original!! It's good to see that you only had about 25 years to come up with a "Summertown finally defeats Lawrenceburg" post and you still had to bash those poor ole refs. Good to pick up a win while you can. BE PROUD!! You deserve it.

Didn't go to the game but I still got some opinions to voice. Now, I am purple and gold through and through so lets just get that out of the way. First off I get tired of hearing about Lawrenceburg being the bigger school therefore we must be much better. That's ignorant, when the whole school starts playing instead of 5 at a time then you got a gripe. Secondly, if i am not mistaken we absolutely beat the feathers off the eagles last year at our (fullsize gym) and won a close one at your gym too. Not to mention you had a semi final state tournament team. LCHS is extremly young with a lot of promise even this year. Please stop getting on here and insulting our team about playing E.O. COFFMAN just because you won by 23pts which is probably higher than your IQ. most of the kids that play was in E.O. COFFMAN last year so truth be told you don't have much to brag on since you only beat us by 23. By the way, heard most people left the gym after the girls game due to lack of oxygen in the crackerjack box you call a gym. And before you start complaining I agree totally you need a new and bigger gym.

• 2 weeks later...