Milan VS CAK

Slim88

I noticed in the film that he didn't seem to run but did seem to have nice touch on the ball and to be pretty accurate when he was asked to throw.

He's been really good in the POs. Just hope it continues....we're gonna need it.!!!!!! Got some family ties up there that had a nephew play for CAK last couple years.

Trevor Milan (#7) who I've mentioned several times before on this thread had I believe 5 TFL and a sack against CPA. The other D-end Braxton Simpson who recorded the safety had 3 TFL and 3 sacks last week. If we can get enough pressure with our front 4 where we can drop Coleman and Graves (who has a couple of pick 6's this postseason) I like our chances.

In the Milan paper CAK head coach said Milan reminded him a lot of Alcoa. Sound fundamentals, not much trickery, great athletes, pound the football.

CPA fan told me #7 really hurt them. Said he plays left DE, facing our RT, and that he really has a motor. That is always worrisome when a passing team like CAK faces a good pass rush. Since he is smallish for the position he will have to rely on his speed and quickness. He is facing a very big OT at 6'5" 280 (our left OT is slightly bigger). If I were the OC which of course I'm not, after a couple QB pressures from this guy I would run the ball right at him and see if he could stand his ground against that big of a size difference. This CAK offensive line is very good at pass blocking and has done a great job protecting the QB this year. Not only are they big, but they have great technique. But they aren't perfect and we've given up a few sacks throughout the year and if these DE's are as good as described above then we may give up a couple in this game. I know this, they will have at least 3 times the opportunities as they did last week :D

Only thing im worried about is #29 getting tired. If he was just playing tailback id say that milan scores 21-28 points just by him pounding it. He is very fast also. I think most people just believe he is a big force. However, I don't think he is better than Avery Williamson of 08-09. Personally I think this is the 5th or 6th best Milan team since 1999. 2003, 2008,2009, 2004, 2006, 2011. 2003 offense was the best milans had since the 80's. that 2008-2009 defense was really good. When looking at the TSSAA website..heck Milan should have at minimal 7 other state championships if not for only 3 classes in the 80s. Running into MUS and Brentwood Academy. Talk about fair? Phew...

Back to this years game..

Charlie High, I believe, is the truth. Lets be realistic..Kids thrown for 4 thousand + yards.

The only way to beat CAK is to keep the ball from them and score on your own long drives. Milan is the one team capable of doing that. I saw the highlights from the Alcoa game and after seeing the Alcoa of 2008-2009, this 2011 Alcoa team looked undersized compared to this Milan squad. Especially talent wise on the outside. Milan isn't going to give you a man to man on the outside without safety help..thats just too easy. Milan isn't going to have a 13 play, 80 yard drive..just to go out there and give you what you want on the perimeter. I assume they will play that bend but don't break and send some pressure the entire game. Morris is no slouch. He is a great high school football coach. He'll try to keep that ball as long as he can. BTW, this is the first season I have seen where Morris kept his tricks in his bag all season. IMHO, ive seen 7-10 plays in the past 7 years that were automatic TD's. I haven't seen him run one of those yet. On another note, Milan QB threw for 300 against Goodpasture from the shotgun when Milan took that early 0-21 hole. I believe he can sit back there and pick apart a defense. Milan is just not a running team at all. They are very balanced. Just determines the play calling. Morris wants to run it first, but he'll let it loose.