Milan VS CAK

Slim88

Why can't you just man up and admit that Milan was defeated by a much better team last night?

Instead, you have to come up with this "private + open zones + recruiting =gold balls" thing. It makes you look and sound like a whiney bush league fan.

what are you stupid? i know we got beat by a better team bonehead. a private open zoned recruiting team that should be playing in D-II. :unsure:

Congratulations to all the CAK Warrior players, coaches and fans for the schools first ever football state championship! I know there is a lot of talk about open zone, recruiting, privates, etc... but I choose not to debate that on this thread on this monumental occasion, that argument has been sliced & diced for years and will continue to be, but IMO that is for another day and thread.

Milan played hard and #29 is obviously a very good football player on a good football team. They just ran into a team that presented problems for them that they had no answers for. How could you possibly prepare for an offense like CAK's with your scout squad in practice? You can't. The O line provided a wall of protection, the QB made nice reads and was elusive in the pocket, and the receivers made some great catches and YAC. The RB's did a nice job helping pick up the blitzes and running the ball on a few occasions as well as catching some passes out of the backfield. Defensively, the Warriors played tough considering they lost a key component at ILB early in the game due to injury. Milan had some success on the ground but that was to be expected. The Bulldogs seemed out of their element when they went primarily to the passing game although they did have some completions, but none that hit pay dirt. The Warrior defense put in a good days work and then watched the offense do what they do best. Special teams played well other than the missed PAT's and luckily those didn't come into play.

No way would I have ever expected for CAK to control the game so thoroughly from start to finish. But the Warriors were well prepared not only by the coaching staff, but also by a challenging playoff bracket with the likes of Polk Co., Alcoa and Austin East. This gritty bunch of Warriors pulled together and did themselves and all the past players proud. When they suffered some emotional losses they brushed it off and keep their eye on the prize. :thumb:

Was #16 for CAK a Sr.?

16, 5, 25, and 32 are all juniors (along with number 12)

On defense CAK loses 6 starters and returns 5 (including 37 their best linebacker)

CAK and Alcoa were extremely young this year.

Out west look for Milan, Fairview, CPA, and Cheatham County to be the 4 major players. All 4 of these teams return the bulk of this year's players and will be in the hunt.

what are you stupid? i know we got beat by a better team bonehead. a private open zoned recruiting team that should be playing in D-II. :unsure:

What are you stupid? CAK in no way recruits, and if you can give me a player that has ever been recruited at CAK then, i will believe you. You don't know crap about CAK, therefore you are ignorant to the fact that CAK is one of the few private schools who does not recruit players to play there. You didn't even know who CAK was until you guys heard that we played you.

The "recruiting thing" has really ran its course...Actually its ran its course 8 years ago. We (Alcoa and Maryville fans) are still waiting for your PROOF that we recruit. Not "Oh my Uncle Tom Bob son Billy Joe from Milan said his Aunt Billie Jean lil Cousin Ralphus told him Alcoa was recruiting." SHOW ME PROOF

Then we get to whine about Open Enrollment....So...Why were you all not whining about it in the 70s, 80s and 90s? Hmmm?? Guess what, we were open enrollment schools then. Actually, list me ALL of the OZ players both teams have/had...I can promise I can list you 3-4 that arnt for every one of yours. Again, please please list all the proof you have....Again, just like 10 years from now when you're still whining...We'll be waiting for answers.

• Upvote 1

The "recruiting thing" has really ran its course...Actually its ran its course 8 years ago. We (Alcoa and Maryville fans) are still waiting for your PROOF that we recruit. Not "Oh my Uncle Tom Bob son Billy Joe from Milan said his Aunt Billie Jean lil Cousin Ralphus told him Alcoa was recruiting." SHOW ME PROOF

Then we get to whine about Open Enrollment....So...Why were you all not whining about it in the 70s, 80s and 90s? Hmmm?? Guess what, we were open enrollment schools then. Actually, list me ALL of the OZ players both teams have/had...I can promise I can list you 3-4 that arnt for every one of yours. Again, please please list all the proof you have....Again, just like 10 years from now when you're still whining...We'll be waiting for answers.

CAK has no zone, therefore no OZ players because its a private school. It's kind of hard for me to think that D.J. Oggs would have came from AE for no reason before the season?

CAK has no zone, therefore no OZ players because its a private school. It's kind of hard for me to think that D.J. Oggs would have came from AE for no reason before the season?

You have the choice to play QB for a team that went 7-5, going 2 and BBQ in the playoffs or playing for a team that had one of the top 3 active winning streaks in the Nation and a 7 Straight defending State Champion....Which would you choose? Its not a knock on AE or any other school. Alcoa (as well as Maryville) have put their names on a map to the point where kids WANT to play for them.

Im pretty sure that warrior31 isn't criticizing D.J. Oggs for transferring to Alcoa, i have the utmost respect for Oggs, he is a great football player as well as a great person.

But we all know CAK is a private school, and isn't necessarily restricted to certain zones which makes us suspects of recruiting. We have been falsely accused of this for a while now and it is becoming old really fast and its honestly being interpreted by me and most other people who actually know football as a pathetic excuse for your teams loss

Im pretty sure that warrior31 isn't criticizing D.J. Oggs for transferring to Alcoa, i have the utmost respect for Oggs, he is a great football player as well as a great person.

But we all know CAK is a private school, and isn't necessarily restricted to certain zones which makes us suspects of recruiting. We have been falsely accused of this for a while now and it is becoming old really fast and its honestly being interpreted by me and most other people who actually know football as a pathetic excuse for your teams loss

Thats understandable but trust me...get use to it. If you win, you're automatically assumed to be a cheater. Its not going to go away any time soon.

Congrats to CAK on getting the Championship from a Polk fan. Sorry its a little late beenin Cookeville all weekend. FootballDad sorry about your son haven't read all the post but hope he ain't hurt to bad. I was going to come dow there whenI seen you at th fence but didn't want to butt in. But I hope he has a fast recovery. Again congrats and that QB was on fire an broke some state records. Hope to see you guys again next year.