Milan VS CAK

Slim88

Oh, I know very well--from a youth spent playing on several losing teams (for which I had no excuse like my opponents were "open zone" or "private"--simply that some of my teams were BAD) how to lose as graciously as win. I will gladly say, as I have written on here on other threads, that Grace earned its win over CAK and so did Lavergne. My comments about those games were, as you probably know if you read my post honestly, simply to put in context someone else's opinion that Maryville would easily beat CAK in a hypothetical matchup because CAK had lost a couple of season games.

The poster that you're taking up for, thedawg, earned every bit of scorn he has received on this site. There's a big, and obvious difference between whining/being a sore loser and honestly assessing a game after the fact. Please don't nit-pick my post and try to lump me in the same category with him. Thanks.

hey litttle warrior dude, you need to know that i'm not a player. i'm simply a diehard bulldog fan who get's on this rag and expresses his opinions like everyone else does. whether or not anyone agrees(including milan fans) or not. I DON'T CARE!

i call it like i see it. yeah i'm tired of my dawgs making it to the show only to get embarrassed by an open zone or private who should be playing up or in D-II. if it happened to you, you would feel the same. i know you'll disagree because you have the tainted gold ball. i'm not gonna change my thinking on this. call it whining, sore loser or whatever. I DO NOT CARE! THIS IS MY OPINION, THIS IS MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

respect to the football dad. sorry your son got hurt because he is a beast.

hey litttle warrior dude, you need to know that i'm not a player. i'm simply a diehard bulldog fan who get's on this rag and expresses his opinions like everyone else does. whether or not anyone agrees(including milan fans) or not. I DON'T CARE!

i call it like i see it. yeah i'm tired of my dawgs making it to the show only to get embarrassed by an open zone or private who should be playing up or in D-II. if it happened to you, you would feel the same. i know you'll disagree because you have the tainted gold ball. i'm not gonna change my thinking on this. call it whining, sore loser or whatever. I DO NOT CARE! THIS IS MY OPINION, THIS IS MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

Where did I say you were a "player?" I called you a "poster," as in someone who posts. If you'd bother to actually read other people's posts carefully, you might not get so riled up. But this post by you is an example of why people have piled on you so badly--calling me "little warrior dude," your whole demeanor, etc.

Everyone does not express their opinions quite the same way you do. Most try to do it in a way that is not so disrespectful of others. True, there are a fair number of folks on here like you who have a hard time controlling your....anger...or frustration...whatever you want to call it. But you're right up there among the worst I've seen. I hope you find some peace, whether it's through Milan doing better or you tempering your own personal expectations of the team.

Actually, I wasn't taking up for anyone. My comment towards your post was based on the criticisms I received from numerous posters (not necessarily CAK fans) after my analysis of Milan's performance Friday. Don't reckon I lumped you into any category, I was just making a generalized statement....but guess since I'm a Milan fan, we're not allowed our open honest opinions without being criticized and called sore losers. Everyone else can...just not us Milan faithful......

Fair enough. You certainly haven't seen me call you or other Milan fans a sore loser. I don't think I've seen any other CAK fans say that or imply it either, WITH ONE exception--thedawg, whose attitude ranks among the worst I've seen on CoachT, and believe me, I've seen some bad ones. HE, not other Milan fans, is a sore loser, plain and simple.

For the most part, the Milan fans who have posted on here have seemed to be very nice people and diehard fans for a program with a rich and respectable football history. The Milan people I met at the game seemed very nice as well. You've got a fellow fan in "thedawg" who needs to have some of his fellow Milan fans persuade him to tone it down some before he gives all Milan fans a black eye.

Edited by Warriors2011

Thanks dawg, I'll pass along the compliment. :thumb:

Where did I say you were a "player?" I called you a "poster," as in someone who posts. If you'd bother to actually read other people's posts carefully, you might not get so riled up. But this post by you is an example of why people have piled on you so badly--calling me "little warrior dude," your whole demeanor, etc.

Everyone does not express their opinions quite the same way you do. Most try to do it in a way that is not so disrespectful of others. True, there are a fair number of folks on here like you who have a hard time controlling your....anger...or frustration...whatever you want to call it. But you're right up there among the worst I've seen. I hope you find some peace, whether it's through Milan doing better or you tempering your own personal expectations of the team.

never said that you said i was a player. i was just pointing out the fact. i do read all the posts carefully. that's why i repond as i'm doing right now. it's obvious you only pick and choose what you read because you missed the part where i said "I DON'T CARE!" as far as the little warrior dude comment. you would understand if you seen me.i tend to look down at most of people. don't worry little dude. it's all peace and harmony in my life. GOD IS GREAT- BEER IS GOOD- PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! that's how i live my every day life. so give me your best privliged,pampered lifestyle shot. i'm THEDAWG and i ain't going nowhere. :hungry:

As an avid Milan Bulldawg supporter, I thought I would get on here and post some of my thoughts on what I saw this past weekend. I just returned home from watching all the games this weekend and read all of the posts before I attempted to say anything. First, let me say I graduated Milan in '99 and played football in Milan. I know what it is like to have a championship caliber football team. Also, I have seen or played in every Milan football game but 3 since 1995 and am very familiar with Coach Morris and this program.

First, and foremost, hats off to CAK. You have an amazing team and the best passing game I have ever seen. Milan has never played a passing team as proficient as the one we saw this past Friday. I am not going to make any excuses. We were methodically picked apart by a better team, plain and simple. I know some Milan fans have gotten on here and tried to offer up the open zone/private school recruiting debate as an excuse. I am not going to defend or support that, because I have not seen any facts to support it. What I will say is that the ultimate goal is to win a state championship. We have to beat who is in front of us to win a state championship.

Milan's team is built to stop the run. If you go back and look at the games we played this year, we were very proficient most of the time in doing so. Yes, we had some issues in the secondary at times, but at times they played very well and had a lot of picks and returned them for touchdowns. Nevertheless, this is a weak spot on our team. I feel that we are better equipped to stop the run and just don't see an offense like CAK's enough to get the needed experience. Having said that, there is no excuse for giving up almost 500 yards passing. Again, hats off to CAK and what you guys accomplished. However, coach Morris and the bulldawgs need to do some serious soul searching and get ready for next year. We have the potential to definitely see these guys again next year. We have too much talent on this team to settle for the performance we but on the field Friday.

Finally, I have heard many people state that the caliber of football team is much higher in East Tenn than it is in the West in regards to 3A football. This may very well be so. Bottom line again is that we have to play who is put in front of us. We must do the work and prepare for the teams that we will see next year and improve to close the gap on teams the caliber as CAK Seasons over, hit the weights, get ready for next year. We cannot except what happened on the field.

Good post :thumb:

never said that you said i was a player. i was just pointing out the fact. i do read all the posts carefully. that's why i repond as i'm doing right now. it's obvious you only pick and choose what you read because you missed the part where i said "I DON'T CARE!" as far as the little warrior dude comment. you would understand if you seen me.i tend to look down at most of people. don't worry little dude. it's all peace and harmony in my life. GOD IS GREAT- BEER IS GOOD- PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! that's how i live my every day life. so give me your best privliged,pampered lifestyle shot. i'm THEDAWG and i ain't going nowhere. :hungry:

"Well, just how big a Boy are ya?" -Roy D. Mercer :roflolk:

If Warriors11 is who I think it is, I doubt you would be looking down at him lol, but anyway, just wanted to jump in and say congrats on your program's great season. I understand what it is like to live and die with your team and be frustrated when there are things you don't believe are equal. Sometimes good people just disagree, plain and simple. Good luck to your guys in the off season, and let's just hope we are both fortunate enough to get to see each other again in the post season over the next couple of year.s

If Warriors11 is who I think it is, I doubt you would be looking down at him lol, but anyway, just wanted to jump in and say congrats on your program's great season. I understand what it is like to live and die with your team and be frustrated when there are things you don't believe are equal. Sometimes good people just disagree, plain and simple. Good luck to your guys in the off season, and let's just hope we are both fortunate enough to get to see each other again in the post season over the next couple of year.s

at best we would be eye to eye. and thanks for the classy post. i just don't see milan winning another gold ball against the OZ'S and privates. if we are ever fortunate enough to play a closed zone public from the east and we get beat. i will be the first to say that the east is my daddy. :thumb:

at best we would be eye to eye. and thanks for the classy post. i just don't see milan winning another gold ball against the OZ'S and privates. if we are ever fortunate enough to play a closed zone public from the east and we get beat. i will be the first to say that the east is my daddy. :thumb:

A school with Milan's tradition will be back sooner than later. And for what it's worth, CAK and Goodpasture didn't fair any better against Alcoa than Milan did until this year lol :roflol:. The last few years, I think it might have taken a Tennessee all star team to beat those guys :ph34r: .

I have thought alot about this and here is my post

CAK = the Better team.

that is plain and simple!!!!!

whether they are OZ's or Privates doesnt really matter. The fact is that these are teenage boys that work their tails off to become a championship caliber team. For that I congradulate those young men.

Please dont take me as a whiner because I am a realist and excuses really make me mad. This is just how I see it.

For Milan we are in a bit of a quandry for a couple of reasons....

here is my take and opinion

1. We would be better prepared if USJ and JCS had not cut and run after the multiplier was put in place. There were some good games played between the three of us. Playing these teams would have helped us prepare for a team like CAK.

2. We are in a region that is so big that we cannot schedule out of region teams that could better prepare us for meeting a passing team in the playoffs. (i don't think it would have mattered.(see line 2))

3.T$$AA does not give public schools an option of do they want to play in a all public or mixed league. maybe they should let publics choose on a divider. lol.

Now take the CAK and privates out of the equation and it is Milan vs. Alcoa. As I said before I am a realist ;) .

At Milan our goal every year is to be state champs. We work hard and we enter the field with some of the best players and coaches in the state. And in August, on that first day of practice, at some point Coach Morris will say. " The Tennessee State champs are practicing today. Why not here?"

And so it will begin again. a group of 14-18 year olds will go on a 10-15 week quest to see who is the best in the state.

good luck CAK, Alcoa, and all the other young men out there. Because that it what it is all about.

And here is hoping Charlie High will forego his senior year and sign early with UT...lol

Praise the Lord for the talent he gives and the enjoyment we get out of it!!!!!!!