FCS VS Dresden

therealfan

OMG what are you, like 12? People who dont have all the facts and obviously no sense should not be allowed to post. Wait, then there wouldn't be that many post! Way to go Dresden! Thank you to everyone for your support of our boys!

Shew, you are one angry momma. Why don't you come on over and we can figure out a way to take out those frustrations. :wub:

Edited by toofsfairy

I had a great time yesterday at the FCS-Dresden game, finally made it back to Cosby. Never ventured over to the Dresden side as I sat with my college roommate who has 2 kids at FCS. I really liked the truck horn that toofsfairy had, gonna have to look into one of those for my very own. When I break that out next year in rural Appalachia I'll be the hit of the party or arrested, either way I'll be set for that one night. Bought a FCS State Champ bumper sticker (with 2 minutes left in the game)for the truck. Looking forward to coming back during baseball season to watch the aforementioned college roommate and his friend work their magic with the middle school team, trust me these guys are good. Speaking of good, those FCS boys can play some football, looked like to me that if they had played 16 quarters yesterday poor old Dresden might still be sporting a goose egg on the scoreboard. Inthegap, my apologies for not making the cookout and as far as our "corn" goes, we're just getting it ready for market if you know what I mean.

if you would swap a few peaches out for that "corn", i'd be interested in trading with you when cosby comes callin next fall :thumb:

if you would swap a few peaches out for that "corn", i'd be interested in trading with you when cosby comes callin next fall :thumb:

as my papaw used to say "It's all in the deal you cut" and unless your definition of a few is considerably more than the conventionally accepted number, you might have to up the ante

as my papaw used to say "It's all in the deal you cut" and unless your definition of a few is considerably more than the conventionally accepted number, you might have to up the ante

well now that there old 72 ford flatbed wont haul but about 2 ton at a time and that 360 drinks a lot of gas coming back up the mountain from sc so we cant make too many trips. anyways ill swap even with ya when the time comes ;)

Hey man, sorry I didn't make it over there with Butchie this time but will try to make up for it next season. I do understand your question too. If Dresden had been deer hunting today they would have run out of ammunition before they could get out of the truck from shooting themselves repeatedly. A clasic "deer in the headlights" if ever I saw one. The only game that comes to mind to me that they played similar to that was their regular season game with us which we won. In the playoffs they spanked us soundly!!!

Knowing you I know that you meant no disrespect to the Lion faithful and can assure them of that.

Now what? No more high school football of the real variety untill next Fall. But at my age that will pass quickly and it will be here again before I know it I guess.....just feels like a long ways off.

Ya'll will play in Humboldt next season so maybe me and big boy can make that one. Maybe even eat before the game?? Ya'll know where to find us!!

Duck I will be looking foward to seeing you and butchie. You both take care.

OMG what are you, like 12? People who dont have all the facts and obviously no sense should not be allowed to post. Wait, then there wouldn't be that many post! Way to go Dresden! Thank you to everyone for your support of our boys!

Shew, you are one angry momma. Why don't you come on over and we can figure out a way to take out those frustrations. :wub:

It's a trap, lady. Ole Toofy will slap that nitrous on you, and the next thing you know ... well, you do watch Offra don't ya?:roflol:

Edited by MountainTroll

FCS is a great team. Dresden played the worst game of their season Saturday, which is unfortunate. Had they played better? Who knows. Surely it would have been closer. Did we want to bring home the Gold ball? Of course. However, bringing home the Silver Ball was a great accomplishment for our team. First in history. We are proud of our guys. It was very disappointing, but that is football.

Don't hold all of these discontent for the West for all of us. Through out the last decade, this Dresden fan base has blamed everybody for their failures. They are the dirtiest football in the county and calling for the heads of the refs to throw a flag for stuff they've done all year. Multiple players kicked out of games for fighting, dirty hits, coaches suspended for being ejected...they are a joke and we knew they would get destroyed by you guys. Look at their record next year and see where they are at. Yes, 2A was down considerably this year and they got by a historically good Mckenzie team who plays hard--but they also exhibit good sportsmanship. The only people pulling for Dresden from this side of the state were either alumni, your hated rivals and the players/parents of Dresden football. One game this year, the coach refused to let his players shake the hands of the better program (Mckenzie) after their loss to them in the regular season. You guys had the much better team, congrats and maybe you'll be able to make it back next year. You won't see Dresden around any time soon.

And we didn't see you in the championship game this year, hoser. Crawl back under your rock.

Well ole possumtowner has been sittin her reading all des post bout dis here massacre in cookyville dis pas saterday. Ole possum made it to dis here game but missed de ole kickoff. By the time i could find me an ole seat close to dat dar horn feller my boys in green done runnin down thefield with datdar wind blowing sometin fierece. And den ourboy Dakkolas not Decklas as dat dumb fat man on tv was calling him ran onin to score the only points dat thegreenpossumtown boys needed. Well alot ofolesmack talk was said befor dis game and now stil l talking. To make a long story short theway I seen dis gamewas the wind put dem boys from da west in a bad place to be. But the best team won this game saterday handsdown. Made ole possum proud to bepart of dis group.

FCS is a great team. Dresden played the worst game of their season Saturday, which is unfortunate. Had they played better? Who knows. Surely it would have been closer. Did we want to bring home the Gold ball? Of course. However, bringing home the Silver Ball was a great accomplishment for our team. First in history. We are proud of our guys. It was very disappointing, but that is football.

bringin home the silver is a great accomplishment in itself. that is the best our boys could do back in 01. yet we are still very proud of everything they accomplished. the multiplier just bumped our problem on up to you guys. until tssaa implements a complete split our small public schools will struggle to compete deep in the playoffs. the east 1a goes through south pitt now that the privates were bumped up to 2a & 3a

If you mean class by pushing and shoving our players after the play was over, then yes you definitely had class.

I have to say, if we had been given a touchdown we didn't deserve, we would have taken it too. But, it would have not have had the same satisfaction as getting to the championship game by deserving each and every touchdown.

Now that is all I am going to say on this topic. The game is over. We cannot replay it on the internet.

I think if any of our players pushed after the play was over beyond the emotion of the game it was to get your player (one in particular) off of our boys laying on the ground getting stomped on and kicked. The broadcast on slow motion replay also shows that SAME player shoving a commanders helmet in the ground and then sticking both hands up under his helmet to try and ? scratch? gouge? or whatever. Crazy. If this were the NFL he would have been fined forsure. Then getting up and beating his chest and smack talking? I know your boys worked hard to get where they were but FCS did too!

No better group of fine young men to represent TN class 2A as STATE CHAMPS!!!!!