FCS VS Dresden

therealfan

First off let me congratulate Dresden! Played a flawless game! Very disciplined and well coached! As for being classless, I wouldn't say that! Were they a little cocky, did they have some swagger? Yeah, most great teams do! What they did do was hold their blocks very well, played all out every play and were very physical! I don't know much about FCS ! But I would strap up tight and get ready to play ball!

............ as far as a illegal hit on our running back! I saw it with my own eyes! It was clean! #86 came in and finished the play and brought the lumber! It really put us in a bind! He had 105 yards on 6 carries! Dont know if it would have made a deference in the game, but I know we was in it! But the better team won friday! And ill be rooting for the lions!

Thank you!

Edited by footballmom4

PLEASE!!! Name ONE player FC has recruited. Like your boys, most of ours grew up in our county. I even went to school with some of their parents. We aren't importing boys or cloning NFL players. Is that all you've got? It just sounds like you're setting up an excuse if you lose. I don't know who will win just like you don't know. Both teams have teenage boys who have worked hard to get to the biggest game of their life. Grow up! Talk football or call Dr. Phil.

Lol I have not gotten on here until today and of all the post I have read I actually like yours! All the boys who made it to Cookeville this weekend have worked hard to get there and should be proud of their effort and the discipline it took.

Would you rep that team?

That was VERY ugly!!!!! YES we will ALL represent our team!!!! Our boys have played hard all year just like yours. Our boys have fought strep throat, ear infections, the flu and fevers all week and still played. You should be ashamed as well as some of the other people on here should be. This is why I didn't get on here before today.

1st off, wow. :blink:

2nd, you would have been beat twice by trousdale if you had beaten signal last year.

finally congrats on the goldball, glad it's in region 4 where it belongs. :thumb:

I sat near some of these fellers for as long as I could stand on Saturday.

Now I know why everbody hates Signal.:roflolk:

Nevertheless, every team and player that wins a gold ball deserves congratulations for all ther hard work.:thumb:

And Dresden thought they had a chance

Of course they had a chance you goofball or they would not have been there. How old are you? Why do adults want to trash talk about kids? I understand a certain amount of trash talk goes on before a game. It gets everyone pumped up but after why don't you try setting a good example like Adamsville did. How do you expect kids to learn good sportsmanship when adults act so stupid? Remember the name of your school "Friendship Christian"? When does that part start?

Congrats to Dresden on your season and Silver Ball. It's not unusual to get rattled and really mess up ones first shot at the Gold Ball. It happens pretty much every season to a couple of teams at the least. Lion players, don't pay any attention to all this crap that is posted trying to tear down your season. You earned your shot at the Gold and the others can't say that. They probably envy ya'lls Silver Ball truth be known.

If lower class A area teams feel they can wipe the floor with 2A they can move themselves up and give it a shot!!!

The Lions had a great season and even though there is a lot of crap on here to swallow along with the disappointment, we've been there too so we do understand. In the end it will still be a memory never forgotten and all the Lion fans need to go out to the school and check out that trophy!! It's dang nice!!!!

Hold up your heads and be proud of what ya'll have accomplished. And I'd have to say that most of west TN was pulling for ya'll too just so ya'll know........................................

Thank you! We told the boys after the game they are all winners. It's sad really to see what adults say on here then fuss about the way kids act. We appreciate your support and everyone from West Tn who cheered us on! It has been an amazing year and we love our boys! GO LIONS!!!!

At no point has anyone done anything dishonest at FCS. Dresden was clearly outclassed and overmatched yesterday. It became evident quickly that you didn't belong there at all.

I do know one thing. I woke up this morning a state champion! Did you? :thumb:

OMG what are you, like 12? People who dont have all the facts and obviously no sense should not be allowed to post. Wait, then there wouldn't be that many post! Way to go Dresden! Thank you to everyone for your support of our boys!

Deserves doesn't have anything to do with anything. Our boys worked hard and were responsible for getting it done on the field. They did that. They do not control any of the referee calls. I'll quote Dana White here, "don't leave it up to the judges." :thumb:

Crawl back under your west TN rock with your tail between your legs. And yes, I can replay it on the Internet. :mrgreen:

Don't hold all of these discontent for the West for all of us. Through out the last decade, this Dresden fan base has blamed everybody for their failures. They are the dirtiest football in the county and calling for the heads of the refs to throw a flag for stuff they've done all year. Multiple players kicked out of games for fighting, dirty hits, coaches suspended for being ejected...they are a joke and we knew they would get destroyed by you guys. Look at their record next year and see where they are at. Yes, 2A was down considerably this year and they got by a historically good Mckenzie team who plays hard--but they also exhibit good sportsmanship. The only people pulling for Dresden from this side of the state were either alumni, your hated rivals and the players/parents of Dresden football. One game this year, the coach refused to let his players shake the hands of the better program (Mckenzie) after their loss to them in the regular season. You guys had the much better team, congrats and maybe you'll be able to make it back next year. You won't see Dresden around any time soon.

Don't hold all of these discontent for the West for all of us. Through out the last decade, this Dresden fan base has blamed everybody for their failures. They are the dirtiest football in the county and calling for the heads of the refs to throw a flag for stuff they've done all year. Multiple players kicked out of games for fighting, dirty hits, coaches suspended for being ejected...they are a joke and we knew they would get destroyed by you guys. Look at their record next year and see where they are at. Yes, 2A was down considerably this year and they got by a historically good Mckenzie team who plays hard--but they also exhibit good sportsmanship. The only people pulling for Dresden from this side of the state were either alumni, your hated rivals and the players/parents of Dresden football. One game this year, the coach refused to let his players shake the hands of the better program (Mckenzie) after their loss to them in the regular season. You guys had the much better team, congrats and maybe you'll be able to make it back next year. You won't see Dresden around any time soon.

Where did you play football Mr. Hater? You sound like a Greenfield faithful :roflolk:

I had a great time yesterday at the FCS-Dresden game, finally made it back to Cosby. Never ventured over to the Dresden side as I sat with my college roommate who has 2 kids at FCS. I really liked the truck horn that toofsfairy had, gonna have to look into one of those for my very own. When I break that out next year in rural Appalachia I'll be the hit of the party or arrested, either way I'll be set for that one night. Bought a FCS State Champ bumper sticker (with 2 minutes left in the game)for the truck. Looking forward to coming back during baseball season to watch the aforementioned college roommate and his friend work their magic with the middle school team, trust me these guys are good. Speaking of good, those FCS boys can play some football, looked like to me that if they had played 16 quarters yesterday poor old Dresden might still be sporting a goose egg on the scoreboard. Inthegap, my apologies for not making the cookout and as far as our "corn" goes, we're just getting it ready for market if you know what I mean.