GCFootball for 2012

SpreadAttack

Listen, I know about his situation and I am glad he has bettered his life! I also heard from the man's mouth, "wait until you see this guard I have coming to play". Maybe he just meant that he was coming and that he had nothing to do with it. If so, I apologize. I always like to see kids get out of a bad situation!

I knew Willie was coming before he even was in Greeneville. When you have family in Greeneville and the family memeber wants the kid to be able to play sports he is going to go to the coaches and tell him "Hey my Nephew is coming to live with me and is a heck of a player". Just because a coach tells you wait to see this guard thats coming in doesn't mean he went out and found the kid and recruited him. That the problem with people when a new kid moves into Greeneville its all of a sudden he is "recruited".

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew Willie was coming before he even was in Greeneville. When you have family in Greeneville and the family memeber wants the kid to be able to play sports he is going to go to the coaches and tell him "Hey my Nephew is coming to live with me and is a heck of a player". Just because a coach tells you wait to see this guard thats coming in doesn't mean he went out and found the kid and recruited him. That the problem with people when a new kid moves into Greeneville its all of a sudden he is "recruited".

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. That's how I became a Green Devil. Situation beyond my controll happend. My family moved in with an aunt two games into the season by game 4 I was starting. I can promiss you there was no recruiting.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. That's how I became a Green Devil. Situation beyond my controll happend. My family moved in with an aunt two games into the season by game 4 I was starting. I can promiss you there was no recruiting.

I remember that Kev-O. Help that O Line quiet a bit :thumb:

Your comment about colleges is wrong! If you can play, colleges will want you! All you need is a coach that will get your name out there...and talent of course. Have you ever thought that maybe a lot of these kids just aren't interested in playing ball in college? I have known of a lot of county school kids that had an offer from a small college to play in college who just decided that they did not want to play in college. Not just football, but other sports also.

No college is not the primary reason for going to a Greeneville program, as I have already said, Kids want to win!

And my comment about colleges is not wrong. If a kid is trying to better his chances of palying in college he is definetly better off in Greeneville.

Let's say you are a really good quarterback and you play at North Greene.

Now You're a really good quarterback playing at Greeneville or Dobyns-Bennet. More talented recievers, lineman and Coaching. The competition is better, the big game pressure is more and often, (which are things colleges look for) and the exposure is always there, not just part of the time.

Come on, do you really believe it's the same?!

You can't be serious.

No college is not the primary reason for going to a Greeneville program, as I have already said, Kids want to win!

And my comment about colleges is not wrong. If a kid is trying to better his chances of palying in college he is definetly better off in Greeneville.

Let's say you are a really good quarterback and you play at North Greene.

Now You're a really good quarterback playing at Greeneville or Dobyns-Bennet. More talented recievers, lineman and Coaching. The competition is better, the big game pressure is more and often, (which are things colleges look for) and the exposure is always there, not just part of the time.

Come on, do you really believe it's the same?!

You can't be serious.

You are still wrong. If you can play, you can play, and they will want you. The competition you play against does matter, I agree with you 100% there. But let's say in basketball, there are AAU teams and a county kid could play on one of those and get all sorts of exposure!