Clarkrange/Clay Co.

onthego

Clay County played good ball and led at halftime by 6. Second half best defensive player, Ogletree got hurt (knee), will no more about the injury tomorrow. Hatcher came in and got her knee dislocated. Brown, starting guard fouled out. Team kept it together disreguarding the injuries and fouls, Would have been different ballgame if the calls would have went the right ways. Tough loss for Clay County. Hope everything goes well for Ogletree.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay County played good ball and led at halftime by 6. Second half best defensive player, Ogletree got hurt (knee), will no more about the injury tomorrow. Hatcher came in and got her knee dislocated. Brown, starting guard fouled out. Team kept it together disreguarding the injuries and fouls, Would have been different ballgame if the calls would have went the right ways. Tough loss for Clay County. Hope everything goes well for Ogletree.

All i got to say is OMG, and you are right would have been a different game, Crange would have won by more then 5, the officials let clay county play out of control, just saying...

I didnt say thanks? but hey thanks anyways cause i did get kick out of it when i read it :)

What gets me is 95% of the time when a team loses a close game its always the officials fault, well they are not the ones that causes the teams to play the way they do, teams just need to accept the fact that hey we didn't play good enough tonight to win, and correct it the next time around..

What gets me is 95% of the time when a team loses a close game its always the officials fault, well they are not the ones that causes the teams to play the way they do, teams just need to accept the fact that hey we didn't play good enough tonight to win, and correct it the next time around..

Yes, of course it was the refs fault that CC lost. Every time they lose it will be the refs fault if you're from CC. In truth (something rare at this site), CC should have won this ballgame. CR played eratic until the fourth. They seemed to be running around on defense like puppies loose in the yard. Before the fourth I think they were about 1 out of 10 from the 3 point line. CC took advantage of that and kept a nice lead throughout the game. Losing Ogelthorpe had little to do with CC losing the game. She was basically a non factor throughout. The one play that cost them the game in regulation was Roach trying to drive and make a layup with 30 sec on the clock and a three point lead. She should have held onto the ball and forced CR to foul which they would have to have done. Instead she missed the layup, CR rebounded and came down the court for the three to tie the game at the end of regulation. In OT it was all CR. CC was done and fell apart in OT after not closing out the game in regulation.

Clay County is very good and well coached. They just made a few mistakes that cost them the game and I am sure they will learn from them. Roach and Cooper are their best players and I'll go on record in saying Roach is the best player in the district. They need better play from their point but they are tough. Clarkrange was lucky to have won this game given the three quarters of sloppy, lazy play. When they picked up their defense they began to click but they have to come out playing that hard from the jump. Right now Coach Rogers is experimenting with his starting line up and had a new one last night but these girls just don't show the intensity that is the Clarkrange brand. After the game the CC girls were crying. That loss hurt them. I seriously doubt that any Clarkrange girl would have shed a tear had the outcome been different. I don't see the heart, the passion, or the want to in the Clarkrange team.

Edited by Hardcourt

A real tough loss for the Lady Bulldogs last night. I felt sorry for the girls because they left it on the court giving their all. The Roach girl is definitely one of the best players in the district. Great court awareness and an awesome shooter. The Garrett girl #20 played a great game as well. Pulled down big rebounds and put them back in against a real rugged big girl from CR. Losing Ogletree and #55 with knee injuries and #22 fouling out definitely hurt Clay's chances. But they still could have won if they had a coach that knew anything about the game.

I was simply in shock watching him just sat there just like a spectator. He may be a good coach behind closed doors but his game coaching is pathetic. I've seen better coaches in the lower ranks 6 and 7 yr old teams. Prime example Clay's got the ball with 25 secs remaining leading by 3 and he just sits there looking out in left field and doesn't call a timeout to at least talk to the girls settle them down ( because by this time the girls don't know what to do panic mode ) and maybe set up a play or tell them what to do if this happens or that happens. Well low and behold Clay throws the ball away and CR hits a 3 to send it into overtime and the game is all but lost now. It was one of the biggest disappointment's I have ever witnessed.

From what I hear from many of the Clay fans Sims is only trying to break a record set by Thomas Watson as the winningest coach in Clay history. Well if that's true good luck with that coach I hope you get the job done. But you won't set their against a team like CR or Jackson Co. and win but maybe the trip down to some school in Nashville will give you one more win towards your goal.

Oh forgot this one. In overtime Clay finally loses the lead and CR has the ball with about a min to go leading by 2 and Clay is still in a zone just letting the clock run. No pressure whatsoever. How the man has won a game is beyond me. I know the girls he had were better than their opponents is how they won. Much like last night Clay definitely had the better atheletes but were simply out coaced by Rodgers. Change coaches and Clay wins by 20 easy.

Simms coached a good game considering clarkrange took out two of celinas defensive players both with knee injuries. And if anyone is concerned the doctor can feel ogletrees acl so it might be partial tear or meniscus tear, if she returns it will be after christmas. She got her mri done today and will know more friday. Hatcher is out for three weeks with strained tendents and thats if the mri looks good. I hate it for these two girls and the players on the team, they wasnt upset about the game they was upset about the injuries. Hopefully both will return healthy!