BRAC 2012

RespectTheGame

I really thought Malone was the better RB for CD last year. He should be hard to handle this year, IF the Black Knights have any kind of passing game to keep defenses honest.

I'm hearing rumblings about how big and strong North Greene is right now. Not sure what that means exactly but I was told their conference better get ready to be "ran over." Can anyone confirm or elaborate?

Out of the same rumor mill... Supposedly West Greene has a stud speedster SO running back that'll be heavily featured this year. Faster than Boles, so they say. Does anyone know his name or how true this is?

Over the past couple of years, South Greene has chatted a ton during the off season. Should I take the 'silence' as a tough road ahead for the Rebs? I know their best WR is playing for the Huskies now, but there must be some weapons waiting to take over-- there always seems to be for them. Any names to look for? Season prediction?

Greeneville will be dominant. They will have an epic showdown with Signal Mountain in the playoffs. They have enough topics devoted to them (no disrespect).

That would be a good way to take the silence pain

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best player from last year was Dalton Boles by far, he is probably the best running back ever to come out of East Tennessee probably even the whole state

I don't know about all that . I would say a good description of Dalton is he was a nifty little back with good speed , smart and makes good cuts and sees the holes well . He would fit nicely into most programs in 3a or 4a being the feature back in some and not the feature back in others . but hey he had a great career , signed a nice scholarship and it was fun watching him . Congratulations

Having that one good back has hurt the Buffs though the past few years when they have actually been relevant come playoff time. Good defenses can shut down ONE good player.

This is true ONLY if the offense has a poor or nonexistent passing game. Having a feature back and a decent play action or quick drop passing game is absolutely lethal in high school. West Greene has never seemed to put them both together.

I don't know about all that . I would say a good description of Dalton is he was a nifty little back with good speed , smart and makes good cuts and sees the holes well . He would fit nicely into most programs in 3a or 4a being the feature back in some and not the feature back in others . but hey he had a great career , signed a nice scholarship and it was fun watching him . Congratulations

Agreed

This is true ONLY if the offense has a poor or nonexistent passing game. Having a feature back and a decent play action or quick drop passing game is absolutely lethal in high school. West Greene has never seemed to put them both together.

Correct, thats why I put the emphasis on one good player. A one dimensional offense just can't stack up against a good defense in the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...

I think WG is gonna suprise some people this year! Although the star back is gone, there are 2 more thats going to step it up and create some yrds. Wg returns some beef up front and some speed on D, the 2 scrimmages I seen were really positive. I didn't think we had this much skill returning! I hope I am right, although there is always the chance that other teams may return better! Of Course G'ville will run the BRAC again (as usual) but the Buffs will make some noise! .500 season or better! JMO

The new back at West Greene should be Michael Padget. Not sure if the spelling is correct but anyways yes he is faster than Boles, for what that is worth, if anything. He still has some growing to do but he could become a very good back for The Buffs over the next few years.

The back you are talking about is Johnathon Padget, the other beast will be Nathan Morgan! Not trying to be a Smart A** but this is the names that everyone should be looking out for! GO BUFFS!

The back you are talking about is Johnathon Padget, the other beast will be Nathan Morgan! Not trying to be a Smart A** but this is the names that everyone should be looking out for! GO BUFFS!

Thanks for the correction, I didn't even notice I put Michael....not sure where that came from. Anyways, I haven't been able to see any 7 on 7's/scrimmages/practices etc. this year, but have heard that Morgan has the starting spot right now, but Padget may take it from him. What are your thoughts from seeing the boys in action?

What about wg pass defense? What about There line backers? Can they stop The run? That is the biggy

Has WG's pass D ever been more than average? And that is coming from a fan.... Kesterson will be a stud for WG this year on D, I am almost positive he will play LB, not sure as to if it will be inside or outside because I haven't been able to watch them yet. Thats the only for sure standout player on D I can think of returning..... Time for some other players to step up. Edited by RespectTheGame