BA about to get serious with football/basketball coaching search

Rainwater

Jeff Brothers is an outstanding man. Regardless if he gets chosen, he is a leader of men- with a personality and drive that is highest quality. As my QB in 88', i would run through a brick wall for him. One of my favorite people in the world, personally and professionally. I remember his 1st snap as a QB as a 145 lb junior, and saw him excel at the SEC level- at a position he never played in HS. Perennial overachiever, even from a young age.

Not trying to make this a Brothers commercial- nor trying to set him up criticism- just wanted to say he is one hIgh quality person.

I would take either

Rankin from Alcoa - he has an impressive resume

Rusty Bradley from CAK - new upcoming head coach with a dynamic system that would attract players. someone may want to check me on this but I think Rusty Bradley played at BA while his dad coached at vandy. His dad coaches with him at CAK and would probably travel with Rusty. So it would be a two for one deal.

:flower::flower::flower:

I cannot wait until somebody mentions Bowers as a candidate...........oh wait.....I just did

Pack, to me, is a game changer. He would energize the current students and players and bring back all of the alienated alums that are out there. Knowing what he is about I think he is a better fit at BA than he would be at his alma mater (MBA).

For all you McCallie fans that are excited about Coach Potter heading home, BA is about to get to the business. So who are your top candidates for the job?

Here is just a small list :

1. David Pack - HC at FRA. MBA alum. Knows the landscape, expectations, and the whole deal. Don't know if he can leave the guaranteed $ from Crockett and Co. over at FRA, but I would expect him to get a call.

2. Paul Wade - OC at Ensworth. 8 championships with 4 different schools. Would like to see him get a shot at the big time with the big boys. Both Bowers and Pack would endorse him for the position.

3. Philip Shadowens - rumors have been circulating that he would be interested in a high profile private school coaching gig. I could see this happening.

4. Jeff Rutledge - HC at PJPII - Bet he is ready to leave that sinking ship in football and head for greener pastures.

Good luck to the Eagles on their search.

BA went outside of the BA family last hire and it obviously did not work. Potter never believed in the mission of BA, he was always wanting to tear down the program to build back up. In my opinion you have one of the best group of assistant football coaches in the state. He would never listen to them it was his way or no way. Well we saw what that did for the program. They never won a championship. They really never beat a top team. Floyd Elliott, Jack Pittman, Jason Matthews - come on - any of these guys would be outstanding head coaches. BA doesn't have to look far for their next leader. These guys are well respected in the coaching community and the BA community.

BA went outside of the BA family last hire and it obviously did not work. Potter never believed in the mission of BA, he was always wanting to tear down the program to build back up. In my opinion you have one of the best group of assistant football coaches in the state. He would never listen to them it was his way or no way. Well we saw what that did for the program. They never won a championship. They really never beat a top team. Floyd Elliott, Jack Pittman, Jason Matthews - come on - any of these guys would be outstanding head coaches. BA doesn't have to look far for their next leader. These guys are well respected in the coaching community and the BA community.

Can't argue with you on that point.

For all you McCallie fans that are excited about Coach Potter heading home, BA is about to get to the business. So who are your top candidates for the job?

Here is just a small list :

1. David Pack - HC at FRA. MBA alum. Knows the landscape, expectations, and the whole deal. Don't know if he can leave the guaranteed $ from Crockett and Co. over at FRA, but I would expect him to get a call.

2. Paul Wade - OC at Ensworth. 8 championships with 4 different schools. Would like to see him get a shot at the big time with the big boys. Both Bowers and Pack would endorse him for the position.

3. Philip Shadowens - rumors have been circulating that he would be interested in a high profile private school coaching gig. I could see this happening.

4. Jeff Rutledge - HC at PJPII - Bet he is ready to leave that sinking ship in football and head for greener pastures.

Good luck to the Eagles on their search.

Excuse me for not knowing this, but was Potter the basketball coach also. The title of the thread would imply that he is/was.

Yes, someone ought to change the title if they feel led. School has 2 critical positions (Head FB and AD) to fill and we need to get behind our existing coaches- including our basketball coach, who I might add is a quality alumni with a family with deep roots in school and community. Just a friendly request, but I know this is free speech and place to voice opinions

I would take either

Rankin from Alcoa - he has an impressive resume

Rusty Bradley from CAK - new upcoming head coach with a dynamic system that would attract players. someone may want to check me on this but I think Rusty Bradley played at BA while his dad coached at vandy. His dad coaches with him at CAK and would probably travel with Rusty. So it would be a two for one deal.

:flower::flower::flower:

Rusty played at BA for a year, then transferred. WIthout going into detail, it would surprise me if he was interested in the BA job.