Memphis/Shelby County Liberty Bowl Allstar game

dou

Millington did send some kids there in 2010 and yes they had a great time. It is really not a west Tn vs East game though. I think our thought is make it real. Plus it should rotate region to region.

The East vs West All Star game stays in East Tennessee because Toyota of East Tennessee pays a $75,000 sponsorship. Plus, companies like Russell and Gatorade in East Tennessee are also heavily involved. Then, you throw in all of the activities in Gatlinburg and the facilities they get to utilize at Carson Newman and Tusculum it is obvious why they play the game in East Tennessee. What would the kids do in Memphis? Participate in drive-by shootings and go get into a fight on Beale Street? Besides, Nike of Memphis doesn't even support football! They might get involved with a basketball tournament or all star game, but football is not a priority in Memphis/West Tennessee. East Tennessee loves its football!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The East vs West All Star game stays in East Tennessee because Toyota of East Tennessee pays a $75,000 sponsorship. Plus, companies like Russell and Gatorade in East Tennessee are also heavily involved. Then, you throw in all of the activities in Gatlinburg and the facilities they get to utilize at Carson Newman and Tusculum it is obvious why they play the game in East Tennessee.

What would the kids do in Memphis? Participate in drive-by shootings and go get into a fight on Beale Street? Besides, Nike of Memphis doesn't even support football! They might get involved with a basketball tournament or all star game, but football is not a priority in Memphis/West Tennessee. East Tennessee loves its football!

KnoxReb:

The portion of your statement that is bold is informative and concise. It states why the game is played where it is and it does so intelligently.

The portion of your statement that is red is neither and it comes across as petty. It may have been your way of needling us in Memphis/West Tennessee, but I and those like me don't find anything that you had to say in that segment as humorous, factual, or intelligent.

You could have stopped with the top portion and been fine. But no ... you had to throw in the bottom portion that is hateful and mean spirited.

Way to go KnoxReb!

KnoxReb:

The portion of your statement that is bold is informative and concise. It states why the game is played where it is and it does so intelligently.

The portion of your statement that is red is neither and it comes across as petty. It may have been your way of needling us in Memphis/West Tennessee, but I and those like me don't find anything that you had to say in that segment as humorous, factual, or intelligent.

You could have stopped with the top portion and been fine. But no ... you had to throw in the bottom portion that is hateful and mean spirited.

Way to go KnoxReb!

I second your comments KWC. By the way Beale Street is one of th safest places in TN. I raised two kids in Memphis/West TN. /Millington One is finished with college and has a great career. The second attends Rhoades on a full Academic Scholarship. KnoxReb Enough about our bad we have plenty of good. No difference than Knoxville.

Edited by dou