Humility for Fairview

ddaddy

I'm glad to see Fairview finally winning some games. Through the past 10 years I have found myself pulling for the underdog jackets. Through hard work and good coaching they have finally began to win some games. This message to the Fairview people, do not forget what it was like to go 17 and 74 over the past 9 years. This will help you be humble in your success. Humility will help you maintain you successful ways. Remember an 18% winning percentage is just a few years back. Some of you are going to take this as a slam against Fairview, but it is intended to be constructive. Don't become the team that everyone loves to hate.

[Edited by ddaddy on 10-15-02 5:56P]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Mac Davis said..

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble

when your perfect in every way.

I can't wait to look in the mirror

cause I get better looking each day

To know me is to love me

I must be a HECK of a man

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble

But I'm doing the best that I can!

But actually D-Daddy, your statement is quite profound!

We at Fairview are glad people like you that support us and keep rminding us about all the losing season's....You see my friend even you are trying to help and don't get me wrong I appreciate what you saying....BUT!!!Our guys are some of the most humble guys you could ever know.You see when people talk about our kids and especially #22 that rattles my cage,and when that happens this dog will fight!!!For all the days of everyone sceduling Fairview for their Homecoming massacre is over with.The days when running up the score on us are over with.So you see my friend we here at Fairview work hard and look at the future and will not or need not be reminded of the past.We do not brag or try to get attention...we are simply hoping that we get a little respect and that is not asking for much...we here at Fairview feel we deserve it!!! I am only answering cause you told me to read it....I respect what you are saying...in turn respect what I am saying as well :rolleyes:

Ddaddy, you are so right. Just a few guys on this site spewing trash does influence the Jackets' reputation more than any of these kids know. Like you, I'm always pulling for the underdog - and God knows these kids fit the description. It's taken much hard work to get where they are and all you see on this sight is how bad they're going to beat somebody and how bad Waverly, Harpeth or the flavor of the week is. Humility comes with maturity. Good luck to Fairview......Win with class.

Guest fvhs4all

Fairview will be hard pressed to ever forget what it was like to go 17 and 74 over the past 9 year when people continue to make post such as this. I am not a Fairview native, but a parent of one and it is very distressing to see these type of post about our kids. I realize this came from other threads when unfortunately Fairview fans are always on the defensive. A dose of humilty would certainly not be in order (your thoughts not mine) if we could get just a little respect. Fairview is a small town and the biggest thing to happen to us is a win on Friday night, why not celebrate, why not brag a little. The kids have certainly earned the right and YES they have earned it. Being in the county we are in, we get virtually no respect. We are a 2A school and play comparable competition (2a, 1a and one 4A school) but when we have a winning season, it couldn't possibly be because we finally have achieved the status of having a talented team and coaching staff, it is simply because all the other teams are so awful, right? I don't proclaim to know all the rules of the sport or to even understand it, I am just a parent that supports their child and all the others on the team. 10 to 12 of these boys have been playing together since the age of 5 and 6 had have not always been winners, so they deserve it. If everyone wouldn't get on here and be so disresprectful, we (fans & players) wouldn't feel the need to reply. I do take this as a slaw against Fairview (otherwise you wouldn't have went to the trouble to know all the stats and percentages) and will reflect upon it as all those other who show no respect to us. Honestly, have you ever known a winning team that everyone didn't "loves to hate".

Touche---go Jackets!!!!

Posted by ddaddy:

I'm glad to see Fairview finally winning some games. Through the past 10 years I have found myself pulling for the underdog jackets. Through hard work and good coaching they have finally began to win some games. This message to the Fairview people, do not forget what it was like to go 17 and 74 over the past 9 years. This will help you be humble in your success. Humility will help you maintain you successful ways. Remember an 18% winning percentage is just a few years back. Some of you are going to take this as a slam against Fairview, but it is intended to be constructive. Don't become the team that everyone loves to hate.

[Edited by ddaddy on 10-15-02 5:56P]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HUMILITY IS ON IT'S WAY!!! BELIEVE ME. WHEN WE PLAY THIS FRIDAY YOU WILL BE BROUGHT BACK TO THE REALITY OF THIS PLANET CALLED EARTH. YOU WILL SEE WHAT HARD WORK AND TRADITION DOES FOR A TEAM. WE HAVE SAT BACK AND LISTENED TO BOBBY 22 SINCE LAST WINTER AND FINALLY THE TIME HAS COME TO PUT A VERY HUMBLING EXPERIENCE ON HIM. IT'S NOT A POWDERPUFF THIS WEEK AND YOU WILL TAKE IT ON THE CHIN THIS WEEK AND I SUSPECT IN WEEK TEN WAVERLY WILL END YOUR DREAMS AND TURN THEM INTO A NIGHTMARE. WHY CAN'T YOU BE HUMBLE LIKE WE ARE AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT TILL YOU AT LEAST PLAY SOME REAL COMPETITION. HAD YOUR NON-REGION SCHEDULE BEEN LIKE OURS YOU WOULD BE 1-6 NOW. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE SHOCK ON YOUR FACE TOMORROW NIGHT. MEAN JEAN YOU WILL WISH YOU WERE BACK AT THE PERRY COUNTY VS CHESTER CO. GAME AFTER THIS ONE. GO TRIBE AND COACH WINKLER WILL TEACH THE ROOKIE A LESSON OR TWO TOMORROW NIGHT.