#4 Clay County 4-1(1-1)

#5 Monterey 1-4(0-2)

District 8a:

#1 Gordonsville 3-2(1-0)

#2 Watertown 5-3(0-0)

#3 Trousdale County 2-3(0-0)

#4 Friendship Christian 0-1(0-0)

#5 Red Boiling Springs 2-7(0-1)

As I said it's really early, of course PC will slip to probably 4th and Clarkrange and Clay County will fight it out for 2nd and 3rd with Monterey in last. I have no idea about 8a as it's probably still up for grabs.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's early but here is where we're at in the region:

(according to the coacht schedules)

District 7a:

#1 Jackson County 7-1(1-0)

#2 Pickett County 4-3(1-0)

#3 Clarkrange 5-2(1-1)

#4 Clay County 4-1(1-1)

#5 Monterey 1-4(0-2)

District 8a:

#1 Gordonsville 3-2(1-0)

#2 Watertown 5-3(0-0)

#3 Trousdale County 2-3(0-0)

#4 Friendship Christian 0-1(0-0)

#5 Red Boiling Springs 2-7(0-1)

As I said it's really early, of course PC will slip to probably 4th and Clarkrange and Clay County will fight it out for 2nd and 3rd with Monterey in last. I have no idea about 8a as it's probably still up for grabs.

Jackson Co. has not lost to a TN team.

Try Gordonsville or FCS. Trousdale will be 3rd or 4th with RBS 5th.

There is not a good team in this district and any team could beat each other on any given night. From looking at the scores 7a may sweep 8a this year. Gordonsville barely beat RBS the other night. I still stand by my original pick with TC winning 8a...

There is not a good team in this district and any team could beat each other on any given night. From looking at the scores 7a may sweep 8a this year. Gordonsville barely beat RBS the other night. I still stand by my original pick with TC winning 8a...

Clay has played Friendship and RBS and had no problem with either team. Gordonsville will come to Clay Tues. night, I see Clay putting up big numbers on this one.

Clay has played Friendship and RBS and had no problem with either team. Gordonsville will come to Clay Tues. night, I see Clay putting up big numbers on this one.

District 8a is really up for grabs. RBS is struggling this year, but after losing what we did I can see how they are struggling. Larry has taken lesser teams and done good things with him, but he's got his hands full this year. However, being in a weak district it helps and if they can improve they'll be able to compete because there is no team that will be a clear favorite. In 7a whoever gets the 2nd place in the district will more than likely have an easy road to the state tournament.

District 8a is really up for grabs. RBS is struggling this year, but after losing what we did I can see how they are struggling. Larry has taken lesser teams and done good things with him, but he's got his hands full this year. However, being in a weak district it helps and if they can improve they'll be able to compete because there is no team that will be a clear favorite. In 7a whoever gets the 2nd place in the district will more than likely have an easy road to the state tournament.

I agree that the 2nd place team from 7A should have a pretty easy road to the state tourney. That is not that fair, and it has caused some very questionable games and efforts in the past. Wish there was some way to make it more fair for the best team to make it every time. But, as they say you have to win to get there whoever its against,

Edited by bob77

I agree that the 2nd place team from 7A should have a pretty easy road to the state tourney. That is not that fair, and it has caused some very questionable games and efforts in the past. Wish there was some way to make it more fair for the best team to make it every time. But, as they say you have to win to get there whoever its against,

Well it isn't bad every year. The last 2 years it's been pretty even, but it's set up where both 1st place teams get to possibly play in the region championship. Not every district and region has the problem we do, but in this area 7a is far superior year in and year out than 8a is.

Bob this reminds me of the old 7AA tournament where JC, LA and Upperman all battled it out year in and year out and whoever came in 2nd in the District tournament was a virtual lock to go to the state tournament. This year 2nd place in the District 7A tournament will be a LOCK to go to the state tournament as well. Taking nothing away from the teams in 8A, i just don't see anyone in that district that would give either of the big 3 in 7A much of a game. Its just a shame that one really good team will be left at home but it is what it is. The substate will be a mere formality no matter if you travel or stay at home. Getting 1st place in the regular season would be huge as the #2 and #3 teams will have to play eachother in the semi's for the right to go to the championship game so it should be another great year to watch some really good teams play. I haven't made it to many of the games this year but plan on attending the Upperman game on Thursday. Look me up if you come to the game!

• 1 month later...

Looks to me like Trousdale is in the drivers seat in 8a, don't say I didn't warn you.

yes, they are... somehow... I'm sure you weren't planning on FCS losing two starters also... you have been right so far, I still will say Gordonsville will win this district. They are the only team in 8A that has beaten a 7A team so far this year (PC and MHS). And the only team that can win a region game if they finish 1st I believe. PC will more than likely finish 4th and they have already beat TC girls pretty bad on their home court once this year. It will be interesting to watch as the rest of the season plays out.