Macon County Football 2012

Same thing could be said about Upperman that you say about Sycamore. They didn't beat a team that had more than 3 wins, the combined win total for the teams they beat were 10-41 and I would be shocked if Upperman beat any of the 4 teams I mentioned from Macon's schedule. I added the total wins up of all the teams Macon and Smith played in the regular season. Macon's team win/loss total was 69-43, Smith's was 52-59.It's very apparent who had the tougher schedule and after looking up the actual numbers it's not as close as I thought it was at first.

Solid argument Steno. It would be a heck of a lot easier for me to agree with you if Macon had actually beaten Smith. While your SOS argument may hold some validity, it does not change the fact, that in head to head play, Smith handled Macon pretty easily 38-21. Mostly because of Macon's stellar D(sarcasm) last season, but nonetheless, head to head results should be considered before making this argument in my opinion.

Smith plays a weak schedule? There isn't much difference, to me, in the strength of schedules of Macon and Smith. Considering they played 3 common opponents with those being White House, LA, and Dekalb on top of the fact they play each other that just leaves 6 games left. Smith County played Gordonsville while Macon County played Goodpasture and Trousdale County. Macon played just 1 more good team than Smith County did.

macon played 8 teams that were in the play-offs last year.how many did smith play that went to the play-offs.with most of the teams they play,they just wells to have rbs on the schedule as well.and 3 common opponents is it.not saying they ant got a good program but i am saying schedule is a little weak for them.

Solid argument Steno. It would be a heck of a lot easier for me to agree with you if Macon had actually beaten Smith. While your SOS argument may hold some validity, it does not change the fact, that in head to head play, Smith handled Macon pretty easily 38-21. Mostly because of Macon's stellar D(sarcasm) last season, but nonetheless, head to head results should be considered before making this argument in my opinion.

For strength of schedule? Head to head there is no doubt Smith was better than Macon but over a 10 game regular season Macon's SOS was easily ahead of Smith's.

How many of you Macon Co. folks are happy you paid Pemberton all that money to see him bailout on you? Pemberton is now the Lane Kiffen of highschool football only this time the helmet was blue with a white T on the side. If I were the poor teachers of Macon Co. that get paid what they do to teach the kids to become good hardworking Americans I would be Peed off about the extra 20 to 30 thousand Pemberton made while he was there to do an average 5-5 job. All I can say is WILD CAT STRIKE!!!! Demand more money. Looks like somebody has it to pay if they want to.

don't matter if he stays or goes or who the next coach is! it's still gonna be the third straight win over the eagles for the tigers. yes a 3 peat book it.

• Upvote 1

don't matter if he stays or goes or who the next coach is! it's still gonna be the third straight win over the eagles for the tigers. yes a 3 peat book it.

Yes, its becoming quite obvious that Motown is becoming No-town when it comes to football. In the last two years, they have been the least talented team that I have seen both seasons.

Actually you could take those 4 teams and have some competitive football games. Cannon County and Warren County are week, but what would you consider Greenbrier? Greenbrier only won the 2 games they did because they played another 0-10 team and played a lower class team. If Greenbrier played the same schedule Cannon and Warren played I gaurantee you that you would see similar results from Greenbrier. Upperman and White County would beat Greenbrier by double digits. I would put Upperman and White County up against Jo Byrns, Sycamore and Westmoreland and that would make for fun football games. Jo Byrns is a 6-5 playoff team, but put them in a class where they play AAA and they may win 2 games. Sycamore isn't a bad team, but half of their wins came against Greenbrier (2-10) Westmoreland (3-7) Ezell Harding (4-6). When they played Goodpasture they got beat pretty bad, and met up with White House 2 different times and got pretty badly 2 different times.

you are wrong and make no cents what so ever.greenbrier has been real strong.up untill this past season.2010 they played toe to toe with everybody in the district and finished 3rd behind g.p. and w.h.and the year before that they were tough as well,in a long story short greenbrier has had a bunch of winning seasons in the past 10 years and will be much,much better this year.they have a good football program and they would beat the teams you are compairing them to bad,real bad.none of the teams you say can or never could beat g.b,not even last year.ask anybody your not even close here.

For strength of schedule? Head to head there is no doubt Smith was better than Macon but over a 10 game regular season Macon's SOS was easily ahead of Smith's.

In no way is it "easily ahead of Smith's". In your stats in an earlier post it's skewed just a bit. Macon's opponents have 17 more wins than SC, but you added SC in that statistic. If you do that it is like saying Macon is one of the reasons SC's schedule is so weak while SC is one of the reasons Macon schedule is stronger. That brings the total of the other teams 59-53 for Macon and 47-52 for Macon which is just 12 more wins. However, Smith County played Warren County who went 0-10 while Macon played Jo Byrns who went 6-5. That is one game were talent wise both teams are about even. Jo Byrns went 6-5 playing an A schedule which considering how weak A is it is not very good. Warren County plays a 5A schedule. I gaurantee if Jo Byrns played Warren County's schedule then they probably go 0-10 as well. Warren County played and lost to Moore County by just 4 points, and Moore County is another A playoff team like Jo Byrns. From that paragraph that takes care of 11 of the 17 more wins that MC's opponents more than SC's opponents. Macon does play a slightly tougher schedule than Macon's but not by much.

To Bigstick, To answer your question SC played 5 teams that made the playoffs while Macon County played 8. It doesn't matter about how many times you made the playoffs, because Jo Byrns is a playoff team. However, Warren County is an 0-10 team who only lost to Moore County, an A team, roughly like Jo Byrns who was a playoff team. Why not play a team like Jo Byrns instead and say SC played 6 teams who made the playoffs which is 2 less than Macon played. I stand by what I say when I say Macon only played 1 or 2 more consistantly good teams than SC

In no way is it "easily ahead of Smith's". In your stats in an earlier post it's skewed just a bit. Macon's opponents have 17 more wins than SC, but you added SC in that statistic. If you do that it is like saying Macon is one of the reasons SC's schedule is so weak while SC is one of the reasons Macon schedule is stronger. That brings the total of the other teams 59-53 for Macon and 47-52 for Macon which is just 12 more wins. However, Smith County played Warren County who went 0-10 while Macon played Jo Byrns who went 6-5. That is one game were talent wise both teams are about even. Jo Byrns went 6-5 playing an A schedule which considering how weak A is it is not very good. Warren County plays a 5A schedule. I gaurantee if Jo Byrns played Warren County's schedule then they probably go 0-10 as well. Warren County played and lost to Moore County by just 4 points, and Moore County is another A playoff team like Jo Byrns. From that paragraph that takes care of 11 of the 17 more wins that MC's opponents more than SC's opponents. Macon does play a slightly tougher schedule than Macon's but not by much.

It's not skewed, since Smith and Macon played each other you have to use them. If an outsider was looking at the strength of schedule he wouldn't omit either team just because they played each other. Again you have to look at the total 10 game regular season. And it is easily ahead of Smith's, probably by varying degrees by who you ask, but by any way you want to try to stretch the numbers Macon's would still be ahead.

you are wrong and make no cents what so ever.greenbrier has been real strong.up untill this past season.2010 they played toe to toe with everybody in the district and finished 3rd behind g.p. and w.h.and the year before that they were tough as well,in a long story short greenbrier has had a bunch of winning seasons in the past 10 years and will be much,much better this year.they have a good football program and they would beat the teams you are compairing them to bad,real bad.none of the teams you say can or never could beat g.b,not even last year.ask anybody your not even close here.

We were talking about last years schedule, but going by what you are saying I could also say the same thing about York. They were a quarterfinal team just 2 years ago.

In years past, MC has had very good Jr. High teams with good looking athletes. Once they got to high school, they are no-shows. Can't figure it out.

Because MC can't keep a coach long enough to develop the talent coming up. This sort of thing kills a lot of different teams in different sports. Most of the great coaches and programs has a coach that is established in the program. Getting a new coach every 2 or 3 years kills a program. Bringing someone in with a good track record isn't going to help, but they need to bring in someone who's going to be their for a long time.

Edited by swanson71

Actually you could take those 4 teams and have some competitive football games. Cannon County and Warren County are week, but what would you consider Greenbrier? Greenbrier only won the 2 games they did because they played another 0-10 team and played a lower class team. If Greenbrier played the same schedule Cannon and Warren played I gaurantee you that you would see similar results from Greenbrier. Upperman and White County would beat Greenbrier by double digits. I would put Upperman and White County up against Jo Byrns, Sycamore and Westmoreland and that would make for fun football games. Jo Byrns is a 6-5 playoff team, but put them in a class where they play AAA and they may win 2 games. Sycamore isn't a bad team, but half of their wins came against Greenbrier (2-10) Westmoreland (3-7) Ezell Harding (4-6). When they played Goodpasture they got beat pretty bad, and met up with White House 2 different times and got pretty badly 2 different times.

greenbrier last 10 years.2002 8-4,2003 10-4,2004 13-2,2005 9-3,2006 3-7,2007 6-6,2008,5-5,2009 6-5,2010 7-5,2011 2-8. real good in a tough district the last 10 years.this is a great program!now i want you to compare the 4 teams you are talking about and york or i will put it on here for you.trust me not even close.look it up.again your theory don't hold a bit of water.