Macon County Football 2012

Now that it has been announced officially(Pemberton to Brentwood), who are the front runners? do you think that they are interested in SC coaches? Who else would want to come to Macon?

Hey Gump: I talked with Coach Maynord yesterday and he said in no way would he be interested in the job, but he had heard that Coach Creasy was one that they would try to get. I would not think Coach Creasy would be interested in the job, but $$$$$$$ could cause some to be blindsighted.

Macon County.........."A place where good coaches realize that the grass is NOT ALWAYS greener on the other side"

Macon is not going to get a worthwhile coach this time around and they'll be right back to being the district's bottom feeder (along with Westmoreland).

Goodpasture, White House, Greenbrier, and Sycamore will stomp Macon in 2012

Macon County.........."A place where good coaches realize that the grass is NOT ALWAYS greener on the other side"

Macon is not going to get a worthwhile coach this time around and they'll be right back to being the district's bottom feeder (along with Westmoreland).

I believe instead of paying someone a bunch of money to come in and coach, they should hire within the system or someone from Macon County. RBS has a man doing a fine job who just so happens to be from Lafayette.

I believe instead of paying someone a bunch of money to come in and coach, they should hire within the system or someone from Macon County. RBS has a man doing a fine job who just so happens to be from Lafayette.

You would certainly gain stability if you hired somebody from MC and who actually cared about the program. The only thing is, usually when they have done this, they have hired people who did not know the difference between an x and an o, and the ones who may have actually known a little just wanna play the kids that have "last names".

I respect the people in Macon who want to make big time coaching hires because it shows the we wanna take our football seriously. I have no problem with hiring a big name coach, even if it means extra money. The problem with MC football is the parents who are willing to do whatever it takes (money wise or "supposed big shots") to make sure that their kid sees the field, even if they are not any good. The issue is that and it will remain that until people decide to step away and leave the coaches alone.

So while I am not opposed to a supplemental income for good coaches, I am opposed to the last name system that we have here in Macon and it must stop if we ever wanna be consistently in the playoff race. I do think we have enough quality talent to be a competitive 6-4 team every year. People are just gonna have to leave the coaches alone.

Furthermore, whoever comes in should put a stop to the name system and not be so blind about the extra money that you can gain from putting a sub-par athlete on the field. It wont stop until somebody lets it be known that they wont put up with it.

When they try to stop it, that is when they will be gone. Too much politics for there to be a good coach to step in and take over. Much like our basketball program will be when it's time to find a coach.

Furthermore, whoever comes in should put a stop to the name system and not be so blind about the extra money that you can gain from putting a sub-par athlete on the field. It wont stop until somebody lets it be known that they wont put up with it.

Only a few communities does not have this problem

Saw the head coach posting on TSSAA, is every teacher in Macon County dual certified? Seems odd that they state they need a PE (weight training instructor) and must be certified in something else other than health or drivers ed. Is that because it is only part time PE so they need to pair it with something else for a full time teaching spot? Just curious, odd posting.

will not happen.macon will beat the warbirds for the 3rd straight year at sycamore.macon returns alot of good football players with size and speed.it don't matter who they get for a coach.im almost certain it will be a 3 peat for the tigers. .im gonna go a little deeper.here is my out-come of 2012. whitehouse will probally win the district.,3 way tie for the number 2 spot between g.p,g.b,and macon.westmoreland and sycamore will battle it out for the last place finish in the battle of the buzzard bowl.yes this will be the third straight win over your war-birds.

will not happen.macon will beat the warbirds for the 3rd straight year at sycamore.macon returns alot of good football players with size and speed.it don't matter who they get for a coach.im almost certain it will be a 3 peat for the tigers. .im gonna go a little deeper.here is my out-come of 2012. whitehouse will probally win the district.,3 way tie for the number 2 spot between g.p,g.b,and macon.westmoreland and sycamore will battle it out for the last place finish in the battle of the buzzard bowl.yes this will be the third straight win over your war-birds.

Wow! I cant believe this is what you think. I'm a Macon fan, but my glasses are not colored blue enough to make me think they are gonna be good this year. Outside of WH, and GP, I don't see anybody being good in the district. Maybe Sycamore has a chance to be, but Macon and Westmoreland will both be lucky to win 3 games. Get real. Macon barely beat a bad Sycamore team in 2010, and then struggled to beat an at best, average Sycamore team in 2011. Lets not act like we blew them off the field.

1. White House

2. Goodpasture

3. Sycamore

4. Greenbrier

5. Macon

6. Westmoreland

Though I think you could flop 5 and 6.