oneida 2012

CleatlessInjun

I got to thinking, My post about the team is pretty freaking arrogant. I guess I think I'm the god of football and I decide when a player matures. I thought it would be last year, maybe it will be this year....maybe Never! No one knows?

Either way...hearing more good news.

Boys working hard! That is always good news! Cheetah is playing! Fast is never bad! :thumb:

The More good news is Mr. Duncan has decided to play tackle football. Great feet and hips, incredible nose for the ball. Natural DB. He and Cheetah playing corners is a huge upgrade to the secondary. And you say....All we need is a coach! :thumb:

Coach Pike has stepped up and is helping out this year. Coach Pike was the D coordinator for the 2008 Middle School (the one that ran TL's defense and crushed all comers!) He also has a State Championship ring from '92 and was one of the best QB/DB in Indian History. He is a police officer too, so if you talk smack and can shoot you! :rolleyes:

Huge upgrade on defense for a team's offense that avereaged 28 points per game last year. Man, that orange an white kool-aid is starting to look good! :hungry:

#3 SmashMouth

Medalist

Group:CoachT+

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

Team, Team, Team! Got to work on building a team! If Oneida can find that elusive team chemistry, they will be tough to beat. I was surprised how well Oneida matched up physically with other teams last year, just didn't have the mental side down to manage a whole game. I think the experience will show up this year. We'll see.

Finally get to see the Cheetah in high school. Good news since the Indians were soooo needing some speed players! I would give him a few plays, maybe a dink pass off in the flats. He is mighty speedy!

I think Bear is gonna live up to his nicname...been playing at LB since his freshmen year, started last year. I've seen him and he is bigger, faster, stronger and maybe a bit meaner. However, The kid I hope to see back 100% is Jesse King. Have to wait and see.

Do these 2 post have a lot in common? Dont count those chickens to fast smashmouth.

#3 SmashMouth

Medalist

Group:CoachT+

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

Team, Team, Team! Got to work on building a team! If Oneida can find that elusive team chemistry, they will be tough to beat. I was surprised how well Oneida matched up physically with other teams last year, just didn't have the mental side down to manage a whole game. I think the experience will show up this year. We'll see.

Finally get to see the Cheetah in high school. Good news since the Indians were soooo needing some speed players! I would give him a few plays, maybe a dink pass off in the flats. He is mighty speedy!

I think Bear is gonna live up to his nicname...been playing at LB since his freshmen year, started last year. I've seen him and he is bigger, faster, stronger and maybe a bit meaner. However, The kid I hope to see back 100% is Jesse King. Have to wait and see.

Do these 2 post have a lot in common? Dont count those chickens to fast smashmouth.

Actually, Cheetah didnt play last year (I actually dont know everything :rolleyes:). Bear and Jesse did well but the team never really came together, IMO.

Having said that...I learn the hard lesson! I was lying thru my teeth when I said Oneida would finish 4th last season. I was just about ready to book my ticket to the big championship game! Glad I didnt! I really thought Oneida would go 10-0 last year. Truth is, these are high school boys! No one knows who is gonna be good next year.

2 years ago - Barly lost to Coalfield. Barely, Barely lost to Sunbright and beat OS.

1 year ago - Lost to Sunbright, Lost to OS TWICE! and got thumped by Coalfield.

With pretty much the same team, just a year older.

I am excited about some of the news coming outa the gym, but I need to see the Greenback game.

Edited by SmashMouth

Smash your to need to chill or you will blow a head gasket.. fall is a long way off and remember this is kids playing a kids game. It is suppose to be fun . Half the fun is watching it play out on friday nite.

I always try to remember we are talking about boys and it is only a game. The gold ball wont keep you warm at night or come help you in a jamb!

I do want to see the kids reach their potential. We all want to see them build self confidence and a stong work ethic through football. That is what will carry them in their lives, especially in a tough economy like this. You think Coalfield's defense is tough, trying finding a job that pays more than 6 bucks an hour!

It's too early to predict anything, but I can't help but be excited hearing Coach Pike is back! Quality individual!

They will have a great year. I hope to get to watch them next week but you know how work goes.

Last year I got it all wrong. Oneida brought back a team that barely lost to Coalfield and Sunbright and beat OS. I just assumed they would go thru winter and spring, show up in the Fall and beat the brakes off everyone! Shame on me!

It's Oneida Football, Got to Love it! I'm gonna be as crazy as always, BUT I'm gonna cheer for what I see, not what I want to see.

Lot's of tangible/real growth so far. Really great opportunity coming up!

Im taking my wife on a date to watch the scrimmage. And you guys say all I think about is Oneida Football! Sheessssh! :flower:

So will sunbright

You come uninvited to an Oneida thread, spewing your typical Morgan Co. hate and venom to the point you get banned for 10 days!

Then, your first post back, instead of being a man and taking it back, or apologizing or even trying to explain your evil tirade, your post is....

"So will sunbright"

That's not even a coherent thought. Also, you should capitalize Sunbright.

I may be a jerk and a loud mouth, but at least I have the stones to admit when I'm wrong and apologize.

Edited by SmashMouth

You come uninvited to an Oneida thread, spewing your typical Morgan Co. hate and venom to the point you get banned for 10 days!

Then, your first post back, instead of being a man and taking it back, or apologizing or even trying to explain your evil tirade, your post is....

"So will sunbright"

That's not even a coherent thought. Also, you should capitalize Sunbright.

I may be a jerk and a loud mouth, but at least I have the stones to admit when I'm wrong and apologize.

no one talks as much as you DJ, but man I love to hear you rumble.... its entertaing! :motorbike:

Edited by Polarsloth