Science Hill

TopperFootball

What iv heard is that got hosed very bad by the refs and Reid going down in the first qt didnt help.I wasnt there this is what i was told.Greenville got a T called on them Good shots the t foul shots makes one the 2nd one he made the ref didnt count said his foot was on the line down one instead of SH getting the ball after the T they gave Greeneville the ball IF thats what happen the dont know the rules they said Coach tried to talk to the refs but they gave them the ball anyway.I dont think thats a excuse thay shuld have beat them anyway because g villesnot that good

Whoever told you that version of the story lied to you. SHHS got the ball after the Tech free throws.

Bottom line in this game, GHS played as well as they have all season and SHHS struggled compared to how they have played lately...combine those 2 and the Greene devils take the win, and deservedly so in my opinion...

Sometimes the breaks don't go your way and the baskets just aren't falling for you, that's just part of the game.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What iv heard is that got hosed very bad by the refs and Reid going down in the first qt didnt help.I wasnt there this is what i was told.Greenville got a T called on them Good shots the t foul shots makes one the 2nd one he made the ref didnt count said his foot was on the line down one instead of SH getting the ball after the T they gave Greeneville the ball IF thats what happen the dont know the rules they said Coach tried to talk to the refs but they gave them the ball anyway.I dont think thats a excuse thay shuld have beat them anyway because g villesnot that good

Of course, if they lose to Greeneville it's because they got hosed by the refs...really? A team that has that kind of talent should mop the floor with Greeneville. You're right, that's not an excuse.

Of course, if they lose to Greeneville it's because they got hosed by the refs...really? A team that has that kind of talent should mop the floor with Greeneville. You're right, that's not an excuse.

Come on now barb, you KNOW it HAD to be the refs screwing them over! It couldn't have been a few missed lay ups, missed free throws, or turn overs that directly led to GHS points! I mean, it was a whopping ONE point defeat...it had to be somebody else's fault!!!! Lol

And for the record to everyone out there, I am not a fan of any one school....just a fan of basketball in general...

And if SHHS got hosed by the refs when they lost to the devils...does that mean GHS got hosed the 40-somethin times they lost to SHHS the past 40-somethin times they have played?

Geez, take ur losses and improve on them...it happens to everybody. Excuses are like butts, everybody has one and they all stink.

Like i said i was not there so i dont know how the game went. And like i said again its no excuse I never blame the refs sure they might miss calls but both ways and u have to play through them games.I remember a post on here early in the year that said greenvilles league had the worst refs they seen .I watch the landair games and they were ok to me

And if SHHS got hosed by the refs when they lost to the devils...does that mean GHS got hosed the 40-somethin times they lost to SHHS the past 40-somethin times they have played?

Geez, take ur losses and improve on them...it happens to everybody. Excuses are like butts, everybody has one and they all stink.

As I recall, the Greeneville/SH games used to be the most exciting of the season. I believe the last time Greeneville won was 05/06 and I believe that year the Devils beat the Toppers twice.

I was at the Greeneville vs Science Hill game, and all I can say is that Greeneville outplayed SH in every aspect of the game. It's part of sports to have games that just don't go your way. When these two teams play again in February, we'll see what happens. You never know...that's why the games are played....