District 13/14A

hogheaven

A little late in posting, but here are the results from last week's 14A games and the current 14A standings:

Peabody 50

South Fulton 0

Humboldt 27

Greenfield 0

Union City 34

Lake County 28

Halls OPEN

Humboldt 3-0 5-2

Peabody 3-0 4-3

Union City 3-1 5-3

Lake County 1-2 4-3

Halls 1-2 3-4

South Fulton 0-3 3-5

Greenfield 0-3 1-6

As far as the week ahead goes, will Humboldt fall to Peabody and finally break their district winning streak? Isn't it at like 16 straight or something now? I guess this is the biggest game of the year in the district outside of last week's UC victory over LC. I guess you all saw the latest playoff projections: everybody in our district is currently in except Greenfield.

This week's 14A games:

Greenfield @ Halls (Thursday)

Peabody @ Humboldt

Lake County @ South Fulton

Union City OPEN

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden will be coming back to Single A unless they want to move up .Dresden should be in the same district as now but trade places with Huntingdon once the playoffs start.Union City is the biggest school in Single A.Union city has 361 students and the first school in 2A is 363.Wonder what the odds were that UC kept a couple students in the gym or at home that day..Looks like Huntingdon will be going back to 2A in football but Class A in other sports.Same for McKenzie .Halls will also be going to 2A in football but Single A in other sports.At least Halls won't have to compete with Milan in the playoffs.Looks like Halls will swap places with Humboldt once the playoffs start as Humboldt will be Single a in all sports.

Edited by mrbigster

Yea CardsFan pointed that out in another thread. Feel a little better getting to play the same teams most likely; but possibly playing McKenzie in the playoffs is a far cry from Gleason (no hard feelings Bulldog fans, especially since y'all own us right now).

The only thing I wished they would have done is just maybe raise the enrollment up to maybe a hundred more students and had everyone play Single A in all sports.None of this 1 A in one sport and 2A in other sports.But yet a 1A plays a 2A in football and it counts against you.But come playoff time,those schools go to 2A.Would like to see the teams designated for 1A to play 1A all the way through.Same fro 2A schools etc.

Dresden will be coming back to Single A unless they want to move up .Dresden should be in the same district as now but trade places with Huntingdon once the playoffs start.Union City is the biggest school in Single A.Union city has 361 students and the first school in 2A is 363.Wonder what the odds were that UC kept a couple students in the gym or at home that day..Looks like Huntingdon will be going back to 2A in football but Class A in other sports.Same for McKenzie .Halls will also be going to 2A in football but Single A in other sports.At least Halls won't have to compete with Milan in the playoffs.Looks like Halls will swap places with Humboldt once the playoffs start as Humboldt will be Single a in all sports.

Bigster. actually we ran off about 2 dozen who were troublemakers and they all landed at Obion Central, go figure

Just so everyone knows....We, here at UC want to get back to 2A ball. I know people will call bull. But we feel like we can compete very well there. So this notion that some people have, that we try to hide our numbers is incorrect. It sounds to me like they want us back in 2A so they stand a chance at winning a game or two. Regaurdless of what some may think .....we want to be back in 2A. Lets hear it now. I know there will be some remarks about this post.

Just so everyone knows....We, here at UC want to get back to 2A ball. I know people will call bull. But we feel like we can compete very well there. So this notion that some people have, that we try to hide our numbers is incorrect. It sounds to me like they want us back in 2A so they stand a chance at winning a game or two. Regaurdless of what some may think .....we want to be back in 2A. Lets hear it now. I know there will be some remarks about this post.

If "we" means "BigSwo" then I believe you. If "we" means the UC administration and coaching staff then this will be easy to prove because they have a week to move up into 2A.

U already know what my thoughts are! Tiger good luck with that...TSSAA uses the almighty dollar-to heck with the smaller schools, make em play 2A and we have better gates...All about money and they outta have it coming out their ears

SOme folks around here feel like UC lost a step by dropping to 1A and dont like the competition level. Im just saying whats being said around the horn. As far as administration.....I dont know. There is a large group of fans that want to see UC move up though. Dont look like it will be anytime soon.