Tri-County Seven

coachh17

The Lady Cyclones crushed John Battle tonight 82-38. I do not know much about Battle except they were very young and pretty small. Whitney Roberts had a monster game inside and fellow posts Savannah Madgett and Kaley Hodge were also very good. All 12 Lady Cyclones scored and the defensive intensity gets better each game. You can see the confidence growing night by night. All I can say is watch out. I think they will play Hampton tomorrow in the semi-finals.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coachh John Battle is terrible and you know you cant gauge progress against bad teams. Unicoi on the other hand beat two pretty good teams handily, on the road, this week. Battle could not beat Johnson County.

You can gauge your cyclones progress after they play a pretty good Alcoa team.

Take off your blinders every once in a while; you might see the forest..........

No blinders Limestone. Betsy has been outstanding for 10 years, as anyone in East Tennessee can see. Most, including me, thought they might have a bit of a down year this season. All I am saying is we may have underestimated them. Keep talking them down and see how that works out for ya! (I assume you are a Sarah Palin fan)....lol!

I aint talking betsy down coachh, I just aint puttin them on a pedestal anymore. Granted your girls have owned Unicoi and the rest of the conference (except for when S. Greene was in it), for the last 8-9 yrs, but this year its more of an even playing field. Thats all I have ever said. You folks are the ones having trouble with reality. Eliz is good enough to get back to where they have always gone for the last ten yrs which is at least to the the regional semis. Beyond that who knows.

coachh John Battle is terrible and you know you cant gauge progress against bad teams. Unicoi on the other hand beat two pretty good teams handily, on the road, this week. Battle could not beat Johnson County.

You can gauge your cyclones progress after they play a pretty good Alcoa team.

Take off your blinders every once in a while; you might see the forest..........

John Battle may not be a good gauge, but the Lady Cyclones beat a good Pigeon Forge team (went to the Boro last year) pretty soundly last Sat at Elizabethton. I think the final tally was 12 but the game was not that close. The margin narrowed late when both teams had their subs in the game. I'd say that supports the assertion that the Lady Clones could be pretty good by tourney time.

I don't see how you can argue much with coachh's assessment. Based on the head to head games, I'd say his rankings are about as fair as can be at this point in the season. I could put on my 'orange-colored glasses' and say at this point IF Betsy played either the Lady Landers or the Lady Blue Devils on a neutral court they would win. BUT that's only an opinion and Betsy lost the head to head games so far this year. So, like my Granny used to say, "If IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!" Regardless, I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas...

Cloudland will be tested over the Christmas break,Opening up with a very hot Volunteer team then turning right back around and possibly facing Unicoi. And if they survive that they will see either Morristown West or Elizabethton. So not a bad group of teams to prove yourself to over the christmas break.

Cloudland is playing well right now. I'd like to see them beat betsy and unicoi again to leave no doubt as to who the best team is.

Yeah, I agree. As for playing well, I may have spoken too soon regarding the Lady Cyclones. As GOOD as they looked last week against Pigeon Forge, they looked equally as BAD tonight against a short-handed Cherokee team. They won, but it's difficult to say they deserved it. They shot the ball horribly, made silly turnovers and absolutely didn't rebound a lick! Cherokee scored 8 points in the second half - all off of second chance opportunities. Betsy managed only 11 points in the second half. It's always good to be able to play poorly and win. BUT the Lady Clones won't beat many teams playing like they played tonight!

Sparky is right.....Betsy was hideous offensively tonight. However, they still won 30-28 because they played tremendous defense. Cherokee did not get off a shot in the last four minutes and turned the ball over too much. Elizabethton shot about 15% against the tall,long,and strong Lady Chief extended 2-3 zone, but made just enough shots at the end to win. Merry Christmas to all!

Cherokee is about three or four players down from when they played Eliz a month ago, and still almost managed to win on Elizs home court. It is good to be able to play bad and win, but its also bad to play bad.

With South Greene very down this year, and Greenville also down, this is a year when Eliz and Unicoi "should" both have sectional games, "if" they continue to improve over the next 6 weeks. This post Christmas tournament should be interesting. If anybody has the complete schedule please post it.

Merry Christmas fellas.

2011 Johnson City Honda Christmas Tournament

At Boone first round games 12/27

Game 1 10AM Cloudland - Volunteer

Game 2 11:30 Unicoi - Gate City

Game 3 1PM Unaka - Morristown West

Game 4 2:30 Sullivan South - Elizabethton

Game 5 4:00 Sullivan East - Granger Co

Game 6 5:30 University High - Boone

Game 7 7:00 Hampton - Crockett

Game 8 8:30 Johnson Co - Meigs Co

Jv games