Bray's Rankings D1 and D2

CoachBray

Thanks for the kind words. However, I do not get paid for doing this. I have been doing this for years (for free) as a service to the wrestling community. It does generate discussion for our great sport and that's a huge positive. It's a little harder than you think as I do this by myself and only get 2-3 Emails per week with updates. The rest is sitting in front of a computer looking up brackets, newspapers, and NWCA websites. With that, if coaches would update their stuff on the NWCA website (like they are required to) that would help a lot. Also, send in info to the appropriate people. We are all coaches that do the rankings. Outside of practice. matches, and tournaments, it is an absolute grind to search out this information.

Well coach u do u good job at it why don't y'all work together or do y'all compete against each other to see who is closer...

With that, if coaches would update their stuff on the NWCA website (like they are required to) that would help a lot.

This lack of doing something that is required is ironic. Ironic in that during a match that attention to detail for scoring and rules is so much a part of almost every coach, yet when it comes to doing a requirement of their particular position, they seems to fall short. I wonder why this is tolerated by those that make the requirement of them.

Yea im sure if they did not have 10to different wrestling mats and 5I different singlets and made their kids pay for their own shoes knee pads shirts shorts and so on they would have the money unlike most D1 schools make their kids pay for every little thing and use the same mat for 10the years..

You must be talking about the D2 schools out in chatt because in memphis we don't have those priviledges. My school last year finally put our matches on the intercom for students to come out and watch us. We as a team through fees have singlets whenever we feel we need new ones(which is every several years). We have had one match for years and still have our original mat from back in the day. So funding isn't the issue. Our parents pay to get in and for food and we still have to do all the things public school kids do after a match or tournament. Our coaches pride us on humility and simpleness.

I may not know all my stats, but i was giving you a list of #1 vs #1 matchups to look at. and your listing people outside of the D2 top 2 or 3 that have little to no experience.

Furthermore,

I can attest that not one of the people doing rankings in the state of Tennessee: Josh Bosken, Ken Hammonds, Ronnie Bray, Garrett House, or myself gets a single dime for doing any of the rankings and we each spend upwards of 10-15 hours a week searching through data. Take no further look than the dual results I have posted on another thread...Not only is that data set incomplete (as Coach Bray so aptly put), but it represents approximately 20-25% of all matches in the State of TN. Other data has to be searched for through local papers or by prodding for information through various coaches around the state.

Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about "this D2 guy is better than this D1 guy and vice versa"....a good wrestler is a good wrestler...if said wrestler feels slighted for not being on the rankings done by volunteers, than said wrestler should work harder to be noticed and use it as fuel to reach an ultimate goal of placing in state later this season.

I am also tired of people hiding behind screennames and acting like they have a clue. If you have real data to be used in rankings fine, but don't post conjecture just to try to bait people...it is unbecoming.

Bryan Knepper

MTSU Wrestling Coach (Volunteer)

TWF Dual Rankings (Volunteer)

Furthermore,

I can attest that not one of the people doing rankings in the state of Tennessee: Josh Bosken, Ken Hammonds, Ronnie Bray, Garrett House, or myself gets a single dime for doing any of the rankings and we each spend upwards of 10-15 hours a week searching through data. Take no further look than the dual results I have posted on another thread...Not only is that data set incomplete (as Coach Bray so aptly put), but it represents approximately 20-25% of all matches in the State of TN. Other data has to be searched for through local papers or by prodding for information through various coaches around the state.

Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about "this D2 guy is better than this D1 guy and vice versa"....a good wrestler is a good wrestler...if said wrestler feels slighted for not being on the rankings done by volunteers, than said wrestler should work harder to be noticed and use it as fuel to reach an ultimate goal of placing in state later this season.

I am also tired of people hiding behind screennames and acting like they have a clue. If you have real data to be used in rankings fine, but don't post conjecture just to try to bait people...it is unbecoming.

Bryan Knepper

MTSU Wrestling Coach (Volunteer)

TWF Dual Rankings (Volunteer)

Thank you Coach K. I said it a while back in another thread, why hide your name. Be a man and put your name to your words. I completely agree with you. I put in hours just looking up info for my upcoming duals and tournaments so multiply that times 100 and thats your extra work. It is much appreciated and noticed.

I wonder what you guys would do IF you did know the name of these guys who "hide behind a screen name". How does that change anything? This site, like almost every forum is set up to encourage a screen name choice. Most people do not use their given name as their screen name for what ever reason they want. There are crazy people out in the world who would search the internet and get that person's address and decide to confront someone, destroy property and many other unwanted events based on not liking someone's post.

While those that volunteer to do the rankings are doing them for free and not taking a dime, I am sure they have their own motivation for why they do it. Maybe it is to promote their college team and maybe it is to be involved in the sport in a higher profile than others by sharing their opinion.

I appreciate seeing the rankings and I typically never say anything on here regarding where someone is ranked or should be ranked. Thanks to those who spend their time doing them, for what ever reason they have for doing it.

Cougar,,,,,keep posting your opinions on what you believe is a slight or wrong ranking....it keeps it interesting.

Merry Christmas.

I wonder what you guys would do IF you did know the name of these guys who "hide behind a screen name". How does that change anything? This site, like almost every forum is set up to encourage a screen name choice. Most people do not use their given name as their screen name for what ever reason they want. There are crazy people out in the world who would search the internet and get that person's address and decide to confront someone, destroy property and many other unwanted events based on not liking someone's post.

While those that volunteer to do the rankings are doing them for free and not taking a dime, I am sure they have their own motivation for why they do it. Maybe it is to promote their college team and maybe it is to be involved in the sport in a higher profile than others by sharing their opinion.

I appreciate seeing the rankings and I typically never say anything on here regarding where someone is ranked or should be ranked. Thanks to those who spend their time doing them, for what ever reason they have for doing it.

Cougar,,,,,keep posting your opinions on what you believe is a slight or wrong ranking....it keeps it interesting.

Merry Christmas.

If I knew "Cougar's" real name, I would not waste the gas driving to Dickson to destroy his mobile home.

Also at 106 Dickson county beat Sam bellet (previosly ranked D2) by pin first match

And beat the ranked 6 kid now by pin as well Dickson county kid not ranked in D1 so again even thief D2 barely has a 106 group they would not be ranked if they were D1..

Uh, #1 D2 106 beat the #1 D1 106 at Cleveland 7-1.

If I knew "Cougar's" real name, I would not waste the gas driving to Dickson to destroy his mobile home.

Haha so funny to bad I never lived in one of those but u got jokes huh and im not even in tn so if u wanna fly to a state not so close to tn I will give u a hint.. let your thunder show.. hope that was hood enough and its funny to be a man a coach to threaten a person for their comments.. coach badon would never in his life do that its a good thing I wrestled for him .. and not u.. if I was a parent of one of your kids they would be going to a different school after reading that..

And Texas thanks im going to keep posting what I think because they made the rankings for ppl yo debate about them ..