1:00 PM Round 4

2:30 PM Quarter (crossovers)

4:00 PM Semi

5:30 PM Finals

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the 5 match rule waived for tournaments outside of Tennessee?

There were only 5 matches per team possible. Your 3 pool matches and then the semis and finals if you made it. The non pool winners just wrestled a crossover match to get 4 matches in. Collins Hill defeated a scrappy Baylor team still misding quite a few starters 43-30 in one semi. Brandon beat Soddy in the other semi, not sure what that score ended up being.

RMC,

Are you going to let your friends up north know how the event has been going?

BRANDON (FLA.) 38, COLLINS HILL 24

106 pounds: Sean Russell (Collins Hill) forfeit

113: Ryan Millhof (Collins Hill) dec. James Flint (Brandon) 3-2

120: Drew Ferguson-Mitchell (Collins Hill) dec. Victor Fugate (Brandon) 4-2

126: Rossi Bruno (Brandon) fall Todd Headlam (Collins Hill) 2:53

132: Kevin Nostrem (Brandon) maj. dec. Steven Bradtmueller (Collins Hill) 12-4

138: Spencer Rickman (Collins Hill) fall Troy Joyce (Brandon) 1:15

145: Dakota Greene (Brandon) dec. Michael Roquet (Collins Hill) 10-5

152: Travis Berridge (Brandon) fall Anthony Codella (Collins Hill) 1:08

160: Clark Glass (Brandon) maj. dec. Matthew Connell (Collins Hill) 11-3

170: Jacob Haydock (Brandon) fall Aubrey Johnson (Collins Hill) :13

182: Kyle Koziel (Brandon) dec. Andrew Krawulski (Collins Hill) 7-2

195: Robert Enmon (Brandon) dec. Tommy Donaldson (Collins Hill) 9-5

220: Jonathan Summitt (Brandon) dec. Elijah Wellington (Collins Hill) 8-2

285: Zach Carmin (Collins Hill) fall Darron Lester (Brandon) :38

Soddy Daisy and Baylor were to wreslte for 3rd and 4th, but chose not to wrestle. I figured they'd probably seen enough of each other.

CH had a close semi with Baylor, but did insert 4 JV wreslters in the line up. I think SD's score was about the same as CH's against Brandon as Soddy Daisy and Baylor won their respective pools.

I haven't seen CH in a while and I think they've got some work to do on the upper end of the lineup if they want to compete with the likes of Brandon.

BRANDON (FLA.) 38, COLLINS HILL 24

106 pounds: Sean Russell (Collins Hill) forfeit

113: Ryan Millhof (Collins Hill) dec. James Flint (Brandon) 3-2

120: Drew Ferguson-Mitchell (Collins Hill) dec. Victor Fugate (Brandon) 4-2

126: Rossi Bruno (Brandon) fall Todd Headlam (Collins Hill) 2:53

132: Kevin Nostrem (Brandon) maj. dec. Steven Bradtmueller (Collins Hill) 12-4

138: Spencer Rickman (Collins Hill) fall Troy Joyce (Brandon) 1:15

145: Dakota Greene (Brandon) dec. Michael Roquet (Collins Hill) 10-5

152: Travis Berridge (Brandon) fall Anthony Codella (Collins Hill) 1:08

160: Clark Glass (Brandon) maj. dec. Matthew Connell (Collins Hill) 11-3

170: Jacob Haydock (Brandon) fall Aubrey Johnson (Collins Hill) :13

182: Kyle Koziel (Brandon) dec. Andrew Krawulski (Collins Hill) 7-2

195: Robert Enmon (Brandon) dec. Tommy Donaldson (Collins Hill) 9-5

220: Jonathan Summitt (Brandon) dec. Elijah Wellington (Collins Hill) 8-2

285: Zach Carmin (Collins Hill) fall Darron Lester (Brandon) :38

Soddy Daisy and Baylor were to wreslte for 3rd and 4th, but chose not to wrestle. I figured they'd probably seen enough of each other.

CH had a close semi with Baylor, but did insert 4 JV wreslters in the line up. I think SD's score was about the same as CH's against Brandon as Soddy Daisy and Baylor won their respective pools.

I haven't seen CH in a while and I think they've got some work to do on the upper end of the lineup if they want to compete with the likes of Brandon.

What was the Soddy vs Brandon score? I was told they didnt win a match other than forfeits once the match was out of reach. What weights did Collins Hill wrestle jv guys? I was told they inserted one jv guy to wrestle watson and then bumped the next few weights up a weight class but wrestled varsity guys.

Edited by bradley08

What was the Soddy vs Brandon score? I was told they didnt win a match other than forfeits once the match was out of reach. What weights did Collins Hill wrestle jv guys? I was told they inserted one jv guy to wrestle watson and then bumped the next few weights up a weight class but wrestled varsity guys.

From what I hear the Soddy/Brandon match was alot closer than most thought. Also was told that Soddy is now ranked in the top 50.

From what I hear the Soddy/Brandon match was alot closer than most thought. Also was told that Soddy is now ranked in the top 50.

does anybody know for sure. I would like to know how one of Tennessee's best matches up against Brandon. I spoke to a couple of people there and they said Soddy only won one weight class as far as they knew other than what Brandon forfeited? They did say they were watching several matches and could have missed some wins.

does anybody know for sure. I would like to know how one of Tennessee's best matches up against Brandon. I spoke to a couple of people there and they said Soddy only won one weight class as far as they knew other than what Brandon forfeited? They did say they were watching several matches and could have missed some wins.

For the Soddy-Daisy - Brandon....I thought it was 45 - 24.....I could be wrong.

From what I recall against Baylor....Headlum wrestled at 126 and he's varsity.....they wrestled JV at: 145, 152, 170, 195, 220.......I'll post when I get the line up.

Soddy vs. Brandon match results

hwt- Seley pins in the first 6-0

106- Houser (sd) receives forfeit (Br) 12-0

113- Brewer (sd) gets pinned in 3rd 12-6

120- Peckinpaugh (sd)gets decisioned 12-9

126- Rossi Bruno (br) receives forfeit 12-15

132- Deckleman (sd) gets tf by Kevin Norstream (Br) 12-20

138- Richmond (sd) loses by dec 12-23

145- Lewis (sd) loses by dec 12-26

152- Darren Smith (sd) loses in OT 12-29

160- Alexander (sd) pinned by Clark Glass (Br) 12-35

170- Henry (sd) gets major dec 9-1 12-39

182- Reno (sd) gets pinned 12-45

195- Brett Ervin (sd) receives forfeit 18-45

220- Swanson (sd) receives forfeit 24-45

Final- 24-45 Brandon

Breakdown...

- Brandon wrestled without, from what I heard, stud of a 106 pounder and no one to take his place.

- Soddy wrestled without state champion Jacob Stevens at 113, and bumped a 103 up to fill in for him.

- In order to pick up the slack from Stevens absence, Soddy forfeited to Fargo champion Rossi Bruno at 126, bumping everyone up from 126 to 152. The bump made the score look much worse than it could have been if Lewis and Smith had wrestled their weights, but it was a smart move by henry, as he was going for the win and not a close loss.

- I'm pretty certain Brandon only forfeited at 195 and 220 to save their kids for collins hill... or to make the score look worse than it already was. Regardless, I think it's safe to say Ervin and Swanson would have gotten pins. If anyone else saw Brandon's 195 and 220 pounders I'm sure they would agree.

Conclusion...

Although it's a pretty bad score, Soddy had a legitimate shot at beating Brandon (or at least making it a close score). Stevens in the line-up is a possible 9 point swing in itself, not bumping Lewis and Smith is a 12 point swing (Very likely bonus points there as well), and 195 and 220 is 12 points for Soddy either way.

So with a little math and ALOT of imagination... the score might as well have been 33-34, with Brandon still coming out on top. But hey, I'm just throwing this stuff out there, a guy can dream, right?