Top 10 in State AA

bballer1

The system is flawed in alot of ways because some districts/regions are much stronger than others so you don't necessarily get the "best" 8 teams in the state there but it is what it is. For instance Stone Memorial would not have made it out of District 7A or District 8AA but because they play in a weaker region they made it to the state tournament. Taking nothing away from what the team accomplished but in reality are they better than Upperman or Grundy County? No they aren't neither is Waverly for that matter but it is the system we have so why argue about it? :popcorneater:

Waverly is just as good as any team in the state now other than CPA or Livingston. They had a bad game shooting yesterday coupled with SM good showing on defense.

Waverly is just as good as any team in the state now other than CPA or Livingston. They had a bad game shooting yesterday coupled with SM good showing on defense.

There's no doubt in my mind that Waverly had a very good team. They wouldn't have been there if they didn't. Nerves and a good defense from an opponent, along with many other factors, can make a team look 'not as good'. Anyone who was watching LA and Loudon yesterday for the first time, would probably have made that assessment about both teams.Fans who have followed them know better. :thumb: Congratulations to your team on their season. :flower: There's about 100 other AA schools who would have loved to have been in your shoes. Good luck next year. :D

The system is flawed in alot of ways because some districts/regions are much stronger than others so you don't necessarily get the "best" 8 teams in the state there but it is what it is. For instance Stone Memorial would not have made it out of District 7A or District 8AA but because they play in a weaker region they made it to the state tournament. Taking nothing away from what the team accomplished but in reality are they better than Upperman or Grundy County? No they aren't neither is Waverly for that matter but it is the system we have so why argue about it? :popcorneater:

The State Tourney, just like any end of the year tournament is about who is playing the best at the end of the year. Conjecture about whose District or Region is stronger is just that...conjecture. Everyone has the same set of rules...if you don't make it, you didn't care of business when you needed to. It's as simple as that. That's why we have playoffs. Sorry, your argument holds no water.

Edited by BlueAngels

The State Tourney, just like any end of the year tournament is about who is playing the best at the end of the year. Conjecture about whose District or Region is stronger is just that...conjecture. Everyone has the same set of rules...if you don't make it, you didn't care of business when you needed to. It's as simple as that. That's why we have playoffs. Sorry, your argument holds no water.

Negative! You guys play in a weak region and you know it! Stone could not beat Clarkrange, the 3rd place team out of District 7A they would finish no better than 4th this year in District 7A and no better than 4th in 8AA. They didn't and couldn't beat Livingston, Upperman, or Cannon County. They sure can't beat Jackson County but when you get to play those weak teams in east tn you get an easy road to the state if you're a half way decent team. Anyone that follows girls high school basketball in the state of Tn knows this so don't try to disprove what i said because facts are facts my friend :popcorneater:

Negative! You guys play in a weak region and you know it! Stone could not beat Clarkrange, the 3rd place team out of District 7A they would finish no better than 4th this year in District 7A and no better than 4th in 8AA. They didn't and couldn't beat Livingston, Upperman, or Cannon County. They sure can't beat Jackson County but when you get to play those weak teams in east tn you get an easy road to the state if you're a half way decent team. Anyone that follows girls high school basketball in the state of Tn knows this so don't try to disprove what i said because facts are facts my friend :popcorneater:

I'll help you petition TSSAA to let them know the State Championships are a farce. We didn't play Upperman or Cannon, so I don't know what that outcome would be, so no those are not facts. We'll never know where we would finish in your District, because some of us don't live in Fantasyland where we believe our District IS the state. Since your district is so great, just consider your District trophy a State Championship. Whoops, you didn't win that either. I'm guessing you aren't the #1 player on the Debate team. Did you enjoy watching the State Tourney on the Internet?

I'll help you petition TSSAA to let them know the State Championships are a farce. We didn't play Upperman or Cannon, so I don't know what that outcome would be, so no those are not facts. We'll never know where we would finish in your District, because some of us don't live in Fantasyland where we believe our District IS the state. Since your district is so great, just consider your District trophy a State Championship. Whoops, you didn't win that either. I'm guessing you aren't the #1 player on the Debate team. Did you enjoy watching the State Tourney on the Internet?

Say what? You must be smoking something we won the District and Region this year and tomorrow we play Clay County for the State Championship. We beat Clarkrange 3 times this year a team you have yet to beat. I watched you guys play and i guarantee you Stone could not get out of region 4A or 4AA. You are the one that lives in fantasyland, we have 7 Gold balls and if we play our game this time tomorrow we will have #8. How's that for fantasy land? :bored:

I listen to devilfanatic. Even though I dont like his district cause they win so much (jealous). He knows girls basketball. I have watched that area dominate the state for years and only a fool would not think that the best basketball in the state is not played there. Yes there are better teams at times but nowhere is there the collection of team talent that is in that district/area. I dont hear Smith County mentioned because they did not have a great record. However, take them out of there region and they would be in the top 2 teams in many other regions. And they were "just" the 4th team in that DISTRICT. The only problem I have with the system we have now is to have home court for a sub state game. If you play in a week region, you get rewarded for that, not for how good you are. But as was said in other post, it is what it is and I think that the 2 playing now are very deserving of where they are.

Say what? You must be smoking something we won the District and Region this year and tomorrow we play Clay County for the State Championship. We beat Clarkrange 3 times this year a team you have yet to beat. I watched you guys play and i guarantee you Stone could not get out of region 4A or 4AA. You are the one that lives in fantasyland, we have 7 Gold balls and if we play our game this time tomorrow we will have #8. How's that for fantasy land? :bored:

I agree that Jackson is the best team in A this year. The way you talked, I thought you were from one of the 3rd or 4th place teams that didn't make it? No, we didnt beat Clarkrange, we lost by 2 in our latest game with them...not exactly a blowout. We don't live or die by whether we beat Clarkrange or any other team.. Why do you want to belittle other teams that make State? Also, why do you brag about 7 Gold Balls from such a flawed system as the State Championships.

You watched us play today, right? So I guess Obion doesn't deserve to be here either.

You ARE really the Grand Wizard..... they should just have you select the teams that get to go to State instead of using a stupid system with Districts, Regions, Sectionals, and all those silly things.

All I said was if you want to go to State then take care of business WHEN IT COUNTS. I'm really not sure how you argue with that.

Edited by BlueAngels

If you do take care of business in your area then you get to go to the state tournament I do agree with that, but just because your one of the 8 left does that make you one of the best 8 left in the state in your classification? In A Clarkrange could easily be playing Jackson County as of the 3 times they played Clay this year they won twice. It really stinks to see 3 teams as good as what district 7a had this year, and one have to go home while lesser teams are playing in Murfreesboro. Like I said it stinks, but some people come from an area of less talented teams, they get it done in their area and then head to the big dance.

I listen to devilfanatic. Even though I dont like his district cause they win so much (jealous). He knows girls basketball. I have watched that area dominate the state for years and only a fool would not think that the best basketball in the state is not played there. Yes there are better teams at times but nowhere is there the collection of team talent that is in that district/area. I dont hear Smith County mentioned because they did not have a great record. However, take them out of there region and they would be in the top 2 teams in many other regions. And they were "just" the 4th team in that DISTRICT. The only problem I have with the system we have now is to have home court for a sub state game. If you play in a week region, you get rewarded for that, not for how good you are. But as was said in other post, it is what it is and I think that the 2 playing now are very deserving of where they are.

I wasnt talking about the history of basketball. I just made the statement that with TSSAA, the teams at the state would have to be considered the top 8 teams in their respective classes. If they are not, then the State Tournament loses meaning. Is the State Tournament a farce and all the Gold Balls a joke?? I dont think so and neither does he OR he wouldnt brag about the Gold Balls.

By the way, Stone had to play away for the substate and it is certainly a disadvantage. I think we were the only team to win the away Substate game in AA. It doesn't matter who that team is, that is a tough game. Stone's strength of schedule was ranked #1 with games against Clarkrange, Girls Preparatory School, Loudon, Livingston, Murfreesboro Oakland, Fulton. We won when we needed to Regions against (according to devil a very weak) Fulton and then at Substate, because we took some beatings during the year from some of the best teams. We lost to a really strong Obion team in the State Semis and devil thinks we have to apologize for our weak region?

I'll say it if it makes all of you feel better (and I am not being facetious)...there is great basketball in Clarkrange, Jackson, Clay, Livingston, Pickett, Smith, Upperman. I didn't say there wasn't. I also didn't crap on any of them for making it to State.

If you do take care of business in your area then you get to go to the state tournament I do agree with that, but just because your one of the 8 left does that make you one of the best 8 left in the state in your classification? In A Clarkrange could easily be playing Jackson County as of the 3 times they played Clay this year they won twice. It really stinks to see 3 teams as good as what district 7a had this year, and one have to go home while lesser teams are playing in Murfreesboro. Like I said it stinks, but some people come from an area of less talented teams, they get it done in their area and then head to the big dance.

I LIKE Clarkrange and they probably should be at State. I was at the game and was disappointed for some of the players that I have coached for and against) when they lost to Clay. If they win that game, they would have been here in Murfreesboro. I have no doubt they will be back many times in the future. I promise you I will not say "they don't deserve it"