Tri-County Seven

coachh17

I was told this was a fun game to watch, hard fought both ways and exciting-back and forth kinda game....

And then heard the boys game was uuugggly and foul filled....

Would have enjoyed being there I am sure

I would agree that it was a back and forth game and possibly exciting to the casual observer. However, I don't get much enjoyment watching a team underachieve like that. I thought East played solid, but the Betsy girls lacked continuity and looked to be in disarray all night long. I certainly understand that you can't always play well, but there's absolutely no excuse for the Lady Clones performance tonight. I should probably give them a pass since they've had literally about 10 different coaches in the past 3 weeks, BUT I won't. Unless something changes, they may drop to third in the TRC by the end of the year.

The boys game was definitely foul filled. Unless I'm mistaken both teams made the double bonus in the first half and SE made it in the second half with EHS being only a foul away. The boys missed way too many close in shots tonight or probably would have won.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Sullivan East. I missed the game......but was told it was frustrating night in Bluff City for the Cyclone faithful. No doubt East is improving, as evidenced by a quality win, but Elizabethton was probably a 15 point favorite heading in to the game. As a former coach that believes you win with shut down defense, it has been tough for me to watch several of the Lady Cyclone's recent games. We have been accustomed to great defense for the last 10 years with most opponents being held to scores in the 30's and 40's routinely. Lately, opponents are hitting the 50's and 60's and the season average points allowed per game is 47. That is not bad, but for comparison, last year's team held opponents to around 35 points per game. I hope Coach Wilson can make adjustments and tighten up the defense. I think the team has the ability to do it, they just have to get it done. Monday's home game with South Greene is a chance to bounce back, but it will not be easy. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Edited by coachh17