District 11-A

PGda

Just one bone to pick on this one. Why do I often see, in reference to Abby Fanning, "whether you like her or not"??? Do people really believe that a girl (or boy) is a terrible person because they are aggressive on the basketball court? From what I have seen and heard, Abby is one of the most congenial and pleasant young ladies around when she's not dribbling a basketball down your throat or sticking to you like fly paper when she's guarding you. I heard that she is going to be valedictorian of her class, too. That doesn't surprise me. Abby, you don't know me, but I am a fan of anyone who can get it done on AND off the court!

Posted by btru23:

The district will be wide open with many good teams. Here are my thoughts:(not necessarily order of finish)

1. Huntland- 4 very good players in Bauer,Sims,Smith,and Wilkinson. If they can find a 5th starter and depth off the bench they will be my favorite to win it. They also only play one senior a lot in Sims so look out for a couple of years. Also great coaching staff in Ray,Robertson, and Tipps.

2. Moore County- Great player in Fanning whether you like her or not. But if you were a coach and would not want her on your team then you are crazy. Smartest high school player Ive ever seen. Also great coaching and great tradition so they will be there.

3. Eagleville- All five starters back, questionable depth. Great player in Rigsby and she makes their team go and makes her teammates better. Nothing against the rest of the girls on their team but without her your team is average. She creates all the offense for the rest of the team and for herself. The rest of the players are good role players, and if Rigsby is on then they are tough to beat. Need a post player to step up.

4. Forrest- All starters back, should be good team. If their fans were not so crazy and would let their coaches do their job they would be better. Too many outside distractions. Not for sure her name but have one very good player.

5. Cornersville- My sleeper team. Great coach in Landers and his young girls are have gotten some experience the last two years. If you overlook them then you will be in trouble.

6. Cascade- Two good players In Bunn, and the point guard. Very questionable coaching in my opinion. Should let Mooney coach the girls since he got out of coaching the boys.

7. Unionville- Have had a world of talent but have not done much with it the last couple of years. Layne is back and they have a new coach so you never know. Had great records in jr. high so if new coach can gel them could be dangerous.

8. Culleoka- Dont know anything about their players but Eady is great coach. He gets the most out of the least amount of talent. Because of him they can beat anyone they play if you are not ready.

9. Richland- ??????????? I have no clue about them.

Best players:

Fanning-MC

Bauer-Huntland

Rigsby-Eagleville

I know that there are many good players Im leaving off but these are the ones that I say are the Most Valuable. Without them their teams lose a lot, and they are all point guards who make their teammates better.

:o;)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Abby is a wonderful person as well but like you said sometimes when a player is good and sticks it to you team, then she or he gets a bad rep. I have been around this district and their have been a number of boys and girls that have been great players and great people as well, but for some reason they were given a hard time. I have witnessed a Forrest crowd stand up and cheer when a certain player was hurt in a basketball game. The reason was because this player was always sticking it to their team every time they played. Abby is a great player and I think she is a great person too. I just know that many people around do not like her just because their team cant stop her and because she gets a lot of attention.

I have to agree with Eaglette...Brooks is the best player Eagleville has. Morgan can hang, no shes not so much in the spotlight like Brittany, but thats because...as BRTU said..Brittany is opening up the offensive plays for herself. When Eagleville has a passing game they are unstoppable. The match to watch...Eagleville vs. MC, I'm gonna go back home to see that one. Fanning is a fine player and Blackburn is a great post They got the perimeter too.

Eagleville returns some of the best players in district.

Rigsby, great thinker, awesome point guard, second only to Fanning(Quicker on her feet than Rigs)

Karper-our perimeter girl...shes got the 3, and she can pull a foul out of anyone

Brooks- Ah, Morgan...able to take control of the game when needed, and can stand back and let the game be played and step in at crucial times. Quick on D and has a nice 3 when she lets em go.

Smotherman- Should put up a showing, not used to seeing her pull out in a wing spot much, but a fine player no matter where she is.

Frost- Strong post, quick with the rebound

Alcorn- Draw the foul of anyone, aggressive under the goal.

The Bench- I'm not very sure who we Eagleville has on the bench this year...I know we have a few who can step up at point or wing when needed. A post in Shapcott-will get much playing time this year, not to quick about drawing fouls, but agressive under the goal. Reed- a new face, not sure if we will see any of her this season, but look out for her on JV teams at the post for Eagleville..she MIGHT see some varsity game, she has Ups I'll tell ya that much.

These are all only my OPINION...if you agree or disagree it doesn't matter at all to me(Oh I rhymed). But thanks for reading and G-night!

here are my top 5 for this yr in 11a

1-forrest

2-huntland

3-moore county

4-eagleville

5-cascade

forrest is gonna win it all in 11a if they can keep there heads. they play as a team very well and they have good inside players such as jones and housh, they have great shooters in whitworth and wilson , wilson is probably one of the best shooters in the region with her feet set, and a great point in kori knight, she can slash and play good D.some other players off the bench that will do well are heithcock- she can play good defense and she is a hustler-katlyn moses s another good shooter of the bench.

ok, ok.... I totally agree with evegasfan.I do think that some people could do a better job in creating plays for everyone else. I think the only problem that our girls have is that we do not always play as a team, but once we get that fixed before the season starts, they will be unstoppable. Even against the highly overated team from Moore County. EHS Lady Eagles will make their first state appearance since our back to back state runner-up titles in 1981 and 1982. Except this year we will bring home the gold, and good luck girls b/c i will be watching.

Look for more posts from me in the future.

I am just like everyone else and want my hometown team to do good, but Eagleville winning the state? Lets be realistic now! I think they have a fine team but they will not win the state. And for all of you that are jealous because Rigsby gets all the attention get over it. I have watched her over the last 3 years and I have never seen her just look out for herself and be selfish. I have actually seen her make some great passes. Of course she may make some turnovers and take bad shots but everyone does. You have no true ball handler other than her and she makes your team go. She can single handedly break a press by herself. I bet that every team you play would press you if you did not have her on your team. Sorry to bust your bubble, and although I agree Brooks is a fine player, she is not as IMPORTANT as Rigsby is to your team. Most of the time the people who do the majority of the ball handling make more turnovers than the rest. And why does everyone say MC is overrated. Until you beat them on a consistent basis dont hate on them, and give them the credit they deserve. Its not like they only win every so often, they have been doing it for years.

Guest Eaglette

Eagleville- winning state is not likely.. I do not think that'll happen, but hey, let um try right? they may surprise some people. anyways, I have watched Brittany since she was in 7th grade along with Morgan and Sarah... when Brittany has an on game she is untouchable. same with Morgan and sarah, I think they are all equal. i think morgan has a better shooting % then both of them, but sarah has a better shooting % than brittany. I don't really care, i watch all the games, but overall, if i had to choose, I would say that sarah and morgan are the better players. MY OPINION!!!!

Unionville- Courtney brothers is the stuff in that town. She is a great ball handler and can def. shoot the jumpers, her 3's fall short. I think she'll get a scholarship though, to a small school. Leslie layne is a great player also. these 2 people are who I have my eye on.

M/C- they are just plain good! get over it! they are! I think they DEFINETLY ARE beatable this yr. just got to stop abby from penetrating and dishing! and ur golden!

Cascade- dude, laura cowley can JUMP and Bunn is just huge, so I expect them to place in district... ( maybe )

Huntland - 1 name... bauer! she is good good good. she can hit the 3 and penetrate.. when she gets hot, she gets hot.. same with the other teams, Fanning, Karper, Rigsby, Brooks, Brothers, and Layne. Watch out for 11a. it's gonna be a rumble! lol halla!

They're could be a log jam at the top of this district this year. Teams will have a very tough time winning on the road and make this one of the closest district in recent memory. Don't look for one dominant team. I can't wait for it to start, good luck to all the teams and have fun and show good sportsmenship and show why district 11A is always the one to watch.