McMinn Central football

logcabinman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be no difference in last years schedule and this past year. Home/Away is all. I agree six but I see seven. I have been looking at some of the kids (sophmores to be juniors) and I see more bulk on their frames. I am ready to see what happens in the spring.

Is it true that Central agreed to play McMinn in Athens from here on out? I have heard that from several people. If not true, then it should be in my opinion. The visitor section at Central is a joke to begin with and with the crowd this game brings the more seating the better.

I don't know what Central's schedule is this year, but people seem to forget the past few years they've played McMinn Co., who won their district twice in the last three years; Walker Valley, another district 5, 6A school who has had talent in spite of their record; and Alcoa - 'nuff said there. And of course in district play they've had an always tough Polk Co. team.

I would think being competitive in their own district with a second place finish would show tremendous improvement for the Chargers. So, I'd think winning a minimum of 6 games would be a fair expectation.

Central wins four games at best!It will be because they are so young AGAIN!Right guys?

I don't know what Central's schedule is this year, but people seem to forget the past few years they've played McMinn Co., who won their district twice in the last three years; Walker Valley, another district 5, 6A school who has had talent in spite of their record; and Alcoa - 'nuff said there. And of course in district play they've had an always tough Polk Co. team.

I would think being competitive in their own district with a second place finish would show tremendous improvement for the Chargers. So, I'd think winning a minimum of 6 games would be a fair expectation.

2012 Schedule- Only Loudon failed to make the playoffs in 2011. Every team on this schedule had at least 5 wins in 2011. This schedule is as tough as most in 3A. Compared to the rest of district, it is a challenging schedule. Polks schedule was better but not the rest of D5. Only Polk was a blow out from the get go. The way we played against quality opponents Kingston, Bledsoe and Sweetwater give promise. JV won consistently. Beat Loudon, Sequoyah, McMinn and Sweetwater. Lost to Meig (Last Play) and Polk. Meigs, Sweetwater and Sequoyah lost alot on both sides. Central returns 8 or 9 starters on defense plus 9 starters including all the skilled positions.

Just how you view things glass half full or half empty.

McMinn County- 16-0 at the half.

Norte Dame- Lead at half-time. ND had one of the top QB-WR combos in SE Tennessee.

Polk County- Beaten

Loudon- Close at half time- Turn-overs.

Meigs County- Win going away at Meigs

Bledsoe County- District 7 Runner-up- Senior-laden squad---Let it come down to officials bad call.

Sequoayah-Played poorly in 1st half. Got game close late at 25-20. barely missed OS kick Out played SEQ most of the second half

Kingston- 7-0 at half time Kingston. Defense played really well. How many 9th graders were playing on defense?

Sweetwater= Did not Central lead at the 1/2 and was dominating game until RB Boyd got hurt. Sweetwater had as good of player in Davis that is in this district.

Stone Memorial

Two best offensive players did not play (injured) and started 4 freshman on defense.

Nice research Old Warhorse. It is nice to see an educated post. Remember also Loudon would have made the post season in any other district. Loudon, Polk, and McMinn will be the tougher games this year. I am not sure what Kingston will offer with a new coach. Did the JV not beat Meigs? For some reason I thought they might have. I don't know about other schools but I do know that our JV did not play many of the starting sophmores last season. Their were some older linemen that played but that was out of the need to fill the line.

2012 Schedule- Only Loudon failed to make the playoffs in 2011. Every team on this schedule had at least 5 wins in 2011. This schedule is as tough as most in 3A. Compared to the rest of district, it is a challenging schedule. Polks schedule was better but not the rest of D5. Only Polk was a blow out from the get go. The way we played against quality opponents Kingston, Bledsoe and Sweetwater give promise. JV won consistently. Beat Loudon, Sequoyah, McMinn and Sweetwater. Lost to Meig (Last Play) and Polk. Meigs, Sweetwater and Sequoyah lost alot on both sides. Central returns 8 or 9 starters on defense plus 9 starters including all the skilled positions.

Just how you view things glass half full or half empty.

McMinn County- 16-0 at the half.

Norte Dame- Lead at half-time. ND had one of the top QB-WR combos in SE Tennessee.

Polk County- Beaten

Loudon- Close at half time- Turn-overs.

Meigs County- Win going away at Meigs

Bledsoe County- District 7 Runner-up- Senior-laden squad---Let it come down to officials bad call.

Sequoayah-Played poorly in 1st half. Got game close late at 25-20. barely missed OS kick Out played SEQ most of the second half

Kingston- 7-0 at half time Kingston. Defense played really well. How many 9th graders were playing on defense?

Sweetwater= Did not Central lead at the 1/2 and was dominating game until RB Boyd got hurt. Sweetwater had as good of player in Davis that is in this district.

Stone Memorial

Two best offensive players did not play (injured) and started 4 freshman on defense.

Mcminn Central wins state championship in 2012 :mellow:

We all know what kind of guy Doug is. So why get on here and start your b.s.? "If it hurts, they will roll over"..... how many years in prison did you spend??

Start b.s. oh you must mean "being sincere". The truth hurts more if all know what they are actually talking about.

You talk about prison, is that a secret desire of yours or just the way of dealing with things in the County...stabbing people in the back or getting the shaft.