scottmike

Where do you want the Tratditional State Tournament  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which Venue

• CHATT TOWN home of THE C
    • hooterville hog parlorâ?¢
    • Memphis murder capital of the world
    • Clarksville dump

I agree that the current venue is no where near the kind of place that the wrestlers deserve for their state tournament. It makes it seem like a second to third class sport instead of the premier sporting event it should be. The atmosphere in the current arena is poor to horrible at best. I know it is hard to beat free, but free at a cost to how the sport should be treated is the issue. Heck, keep it in middle Tn, but not in that out of the way place that is meant for livestock.

I agree that the current venue is no where near the kind of place that the wrestlers deserve for their state tournament. It makes it seem like a second to third class sport instead of the premier sporting event it should be. The atmosphere in the current arena is poor to horrible at best. I know it is hard to beat free, but free at a cost to how the sport should be treated is the issue. Heck, keep it in middle Tn, but not in that out of the way place that is meant for livestock.

Wow great post T-2-3! Having an epiphany as if I finally discovered intelligent life on this board (besides me and Coach Bray of course). Your avatar thingy is not aimed at yours truely I hope!

Neyland, I will have bear cat brown get you a mass since he is a fish eating elf or something like that.

Edited by scottmike

Hot dogs were not 10 bucks. Again, the wrestlers deserve better than a picnic deal, I.e. coolers. And yes folks, any venue not held in the far away outskirts has parking arrangements. I think it hurts the sport of wrestling to hold it in the least desirerable place in the state. Is a livestock barn really the best the state can do for the wrestlers.

Been involved in Tennessee wrestling for over 30 years. Witnessed the State Traditional tournament at 5 different venues and the State Duals at 8 different sites. In my opionion, it ain't close! As far as feeling like I'm in a STATE TOURNAMENT ATMOSPHERE, the current situation is at the bottom of the proverbial barrell. Nothing against those fine folks, or the sweet deal they've given the TSSAA. I miss the days when I could truthfully argue that the competitive atmosphere and excitement level at OUR State Tournements were second to NONE! You could feel the electricity in the air. The parade of Champions was a Spectacle and gave me many a chillbump. Now, not so much, and I miss it. I also miss the fact that these athletes will never get to experience that type of State Tournament. I'm talking about priceless, lifelong memories. Hotdog prices? Really?

• 2 weeks later...

Hot dogs were not 10 bucks. Again, the wrestlers deserve better than a picnic deal, I.e. coolers. And yes folks, any venue not held in the far away outskirts has parking arrangements. I think it hurts the sport of wrestling to hold it in the least desirerable place in the state. Is a livestock barn really the best the state can do for the wrestlers.

Maybe you can come up and form a better opinion this year?!?!

I'm getting more behind our exibition match.... What say you, Tex?