60 win season

bbb

There's a 126 from Scottsboro, Al who is setting records as well. Undefeated 3 time state champ as a sophomore.

Found this from last year...

Scottsboro's Brandon Womack named The Huntsville Times' 2011 Wrestler of the Year

March 20th, 2011 3:55PM

SCOTTSBORO, Alabama – Brandon Womack is halfway home.

The Scottsboro freshman has set a goal of winning six state wrestling championships, a number that would tie him for the most in state history.

He earned his third at the Class 5A state tournament last month at the Von Braun Center. The latest came in the 112-pound weight classification. The first three were at 103.

Not only did Womack win his third title this year, he went undefeated and set a state record for most wins in a season with 74. He won five tournament championships this season and upped the mark for single-season wins by two.

Below is a Q&A with Womack:

Q: Does winning ever get old?

A: No, it doesn’t get old. Every year is a little different. The first year was a little shocking.

Q: What’s it going to take to reach your goal of six state championships?

A: I’ve got to continue to work hard, even harder than I am now. People will start gunning for me, and I’ll have a target on my back.

Q: Who do you train with outside of Scottsboro?

A: Arturo Holmes in Atlanta.

Q: How much time do you dedicate to training?

A: I train a minimum of six hours a day, seven days a week.

Q: You’re an “A†student. What’s your favorite subject?

A: I enjoy science the most, but math is easier for me.

Q: Scottsboro had a young team with no senior this year. Has the team set goals for the 2011-12 season?

A: Yes. Ten of our 14 starters were in grades seventh through ninth. Our goals are to work harder in the offseason. We will be young again next year, but we are focused to compete for the state team

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found something more...

From scottsboro News...

Independence tourney

"We got in a lot of matches against some quality opponents," said Scottsboro coach Daryle Qualls. "I was real pleased with how we wrestled. These are the type of tournaments that are getting us ready for sectionals and state."

Scottsboro had seven wrestlers place in Friday's Independence Tournament, which follows the format used at sectionals and state. The Wildcats closed with 130.5 points, less than 10 back of host Independence, who was a distant runner-up to Cleveland (Tenn.) and its 241.5 points.

"Cleveland is a real strong team, probably the No. 1-ranked team in Tennessee," Qualls said. 

Scottsboro's Brandon Womack was the lone SHS wrestler to win his individual weight class championship. The undefeated sophomore took the 126-pound crown on the way to improving to 39-0 on the season. Womack's consecutive match winning streak now stands at 183, just 20 shy of tying the Alabama state record.